icsi in 2011?

Yes Nayla I agree. Is every celebrity out there preggers? Just read about Kate Middleton and she's only flippin married. On saying that I wouldn't want to be her. Talk about a pressure situation to reproduce. I can't believe 6 months have passed since your last cycle. It feels like yesterday. I hope the next few weeks fly by for you and you get back on the rollercoaster as fast as you want to. :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

I emailed my cons and she rang me and said to come up tomorrow for a scan. Something about possibly draining me if I've built up fluid. If they have to repop the sodding follicles again, I'll die. It was so painful. She said to bring someone who could drive me home so that doesn't sound too good. I think something is up because Im like a balloon and peeing is urgent and a bit painful and I can't really walk right with general pain. Please please god this doesnt mess things up for egg transfer.

Interesting side note, we discussed DH's sperm. He was 68% motility for the IUI but only 30 something % for this one. It's remarkable how up and down it is. She was fascinated. He took pain meds for a week for a shoulder problem so now we are wondering if that threw it out. Thankfully it was ICSI and not straight IVF so we were ok. Ahhh the saga continues...

I watched a programme I had taped about adoption today. A couple adopting a baby girl from Pakistan.(they had their first child through IVF but couldnt have anymore) So sad. :cry: The orphanage said they get 20-25 dead baby girls a week. They leave a cot outside the door and ask people not to kill their babies but please leave them in the cot. It made me wonder if its the right thing to be doing all this when there are such needy children in the world. The new baby the woman got hadn't been fed in days and thankfully she took it straight to the hospital and they sorted her out. Such poverty. :cry: It reminded me that those options are still there and if this all goes belly up, we must keep going down that route and try to help a little one somewhere.

Oh Ladies, Im sorry for keep posting but I don't really know anyone else to talk details with. It's hard to discuss with people who don't know the ins and outs and pains and sufferings.:wacko:

Turned out I have OHSS. :cry: The clinic drained my uterus today. :hissy:One huge big man had to push down on my abdomen with his body weight while the doc had the catheter thing in there draining the bloody fluid. I tell you what though, it was so worth it - the relief! I can get up the stairs again!!!! I was able to walk out of clinic standing upright! :thumbup:

If I can give anyone advice its don't wait to see about pain and bloating. I should have done something at least a day sooner. Im under orders now to do nothing but drink and pee until ET on Sunday. Apparently the embies are doing well. Don't know if that's a few or all or what but its only day 3 so anything could happen.

On another note, my sister is having nothing short of a nervous breakdown and there is talk of hospitalising her. Disaster as her hubby is doing round 2 chemo from Monday and they have 2.5 yr old. My mother has to go to England on Sunday to help my elderly aunt deal with her husband who is in critical condition after a major operation. She has nobody with her and is in London and he's going down rapidly. It never rains but it pours.. If only we could make three or four of ourselves sometimes... :shrug: Don't know how Im going to manage it all next week without reinforcements and being back at work.

How are you guys doing? :hugs: Im always yaking on. Anyone any news or updates or just general rants?

oh gill what a palava! im glad u feel a bit of relief tho the pains in bad enough withour having OHSS!
glad embies are good though fingers crossed for a good easy transfer and some frosties!

im so sorry about all the poorly relatives too hun must be so hard for you! hugs xxx

im ok plodding along not feeling much at the mo and i have my OTD tmrw before i can ring the clinic after before tho im just so worried about history repeating itself xx

oh gill what a palava! im glad u feel a bit of relief tho the pains in bad enough withour having OHSS!
glad embies are good though fingers crossed for a good easy transfer and some frosties!

im so sorry about all the poorly relatives too hun must be so hard for you! hugs xxx

im ok plodding along not feeling much at the mo and i have my OTD tmrw before i can ring the clinic after before tho im just so worried about history repeating itself xx

Annie how did you get on today?? Everything still going ok? Do you feel more official now?? :flower:

Im nervous as hell for tomorrow. :wacko: If anyone has any tips or advice I'd love to hear it. Clinic rang today and said all 7 embies were still going strong and well but that we weren't likely to have the whole lot tomorrow. Still it was good to hear we hadn't lost any yet. Im still nervous there won't be 2 tomorrow when I get there. Do you guys know if I will be ok driving home afterwards? I managed to drive with OHSS yesterday and its quite a drive so I think everything will be fine for tomorrow. DH is unavoidably down the country and can't come with me and you know all my other family dramas and all my friends have small children so they can't come. So I gotta go solo. Please god there will be no bad news. Don't see much sleep on the horizon this evening..

gill how did the transfer go? im hoping your pupo with some healthy embies! xxxx

gill how did the transfer go? im hoping your pupo with some healthy embies! xxxx

It went grand Annie, thanks for asking! :thumbup: It was nice doing it on a Sunday because the clinic was very quiet. Just 3 ladies having transfers, and 4 staff altogether. My cons came in especially to do our transfer and as I was on my own, it was nice to have someone familiar. They put 2 back in and tried to show me on the sonogram screen where they were but to be honest I couldnt really see what they were talking about. I nodded enthusiastically though! :blush:

The lab rang today and said they got one more embie to the right point and were able to freeze it. They said we did well to get 3 out of the 7 to blast so we can't ask for more than that. Now for the nerve wrecking wait. :wacko: Test day is Friday 2nd Dec, 12 days past transfer. I went back to work today and was very self conscious because Im so bloated. Bloated to the point were I can't close the buttons on my below hips trousers :growlmad: so I had to wear long baggy stuff to cover up. The steroids have me looking like a whale nevermind the OHSS etc. I won't mind being mistaken for a snowball if this works but if it doesnt Im so looking forward to getting off the steroids and getting my body back. Think I saw long hairs on my chin today in the mirror!! Total freakout!!:shrug: :blush:

In other news the adoption people rang and said things are moving surprisingly quickly. The garda clearance etc has come back remarkably fast. I wasn't really expecting it but we will keep rolling with it for the time being. Im hoping it wasn't the planets way of giving me something to fall back on if this goes pear shaped on the 12th or maybe its the planets way of telling me what to do. Hmm. Will have to think on that.

But enough about me, how are you doing these days? Feeling like it's a bit more real now or has it really kicked in yet?

Hi Ladies

Just a quick one from me :flower:

Annie, congrats lovely, I knew you could do it! Good luck for a super smooth pregnancy, this one is your forever baby and you go girl :hugs:

Fish, so very sorry. The pain can be unbearable but it will pass given love, time and patience. Thinking of you :hugs:

Gill, wow what a great result, I just can't believe you a pupo already! I had a read back and am sorry to see you were quite poorly but you must have bounced back well for them to continue to ET. Wishing you all the luck hun :hugs:

Tinks, sorry yo have been having a rough time. Wow April was a long wait, glad you pushed for January. I had heard that they were cutting down seeing so many patients to improve patient care, but does mean that waiting times increase. I had to wait about 3 months each time for follow up but then started right away pretty much. I have been offered a follow up this time but don't really see the point. And don't think going back there will mentally allow me to move on to plan B so thinking of staying away. Hope you are healing ok :hugs:

Nayla, you sound like you are ready to get going again and shows how far you have come. Glad you are nearly there :hugs:

Well I'm ok. Down some days and ok others. So pretty much the same as I have always been! Gutted about having to wait to be emotionally strong enough. Fell ready no as I think I had already kind of healed before and in some respects I always knew this was my path. Anyways, I think of you ladies lots. Take care and I will keep checking in :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxx

HEY girls... So sorry I'm only back online to you all now.. I've been extremely busy with the new job that I got a few weeks back & internet not long back either. i've missed you all so much..

Can you's plz fill me in on everything I've missed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx lots of hugs xxx

gill congrars on being pupo hunni sounds like it went really well in the end so pleased for you! fingers crossed and loads of sticky dust coming your way!!!

lolly so glad to see you post im sure times are still feelign very difficult for you but im here waiting to hear about your next steps when your ready to discuss them hugs! xxx

welcome chaofellfan!

t4b glad to hear from you and that your new job is keeping you busy until january lol! xx

tinks, nayla fisher hope your all ok thinking of you xxxx

afm, i'm ok coming to terms with the bfp ( yes i know that sounds ridiculous to you all but for me after the previous experience i'm having trouble accepting anything will be ok although i so so want it to be.)

having said that i feel quite different this time quite tired (just fell asleep at 7pm lol) and heartburny nausea and grumpy grumpy grumpy! DH says im deffo pregnant lol! i get a stuffy nose in the morning and a sore throat from the heartburn! i guess if i was being sick i would feel a little more reassured but for now i have to go with it.

i made a tough decision of not having a scan at 6 weeks as last time at that point there was no heartbeat and it was very upsetting then a week later it was there! so i thought ill go at 7 weeks but they had no slots that suited my exteremly busy week lol and im now not being scanned til 8 weeks so all in all a long way to go and worry to that yet lol! xxxx

Lolly, T4B good to see you back and making plans :hugs: :hugs: It's so hard to stay on the upswing and keep going so fair play to you both for getting on with it.

Fisher are you out there at all?? How are you doing? Silly question probably but I hope you are coming up for air. Nayla you seem to be well on the road to trying again. I admire your patience and strength to take the time out and get yourself in a better place. You and T4B's seem to be the next ones cycling on this thread.

Annie, you are the one giving us all hope around here! Delighted to hear you are starting to feel crap and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :flower:

Im feeling pretty off myself, bloated as hell but still thinking its all a result of the OHSS and the progesterone (and constant eating with steroids). Im back on the cyclogest this cycle so I can't even gage it from last month on the crinone. It's so hard to be positive after all the disappointment of the last 2 years. Im dying to test and dreading it at the same time. I know you all understand that feeling. I wish I could :sleep: for the next week and wake up and its time. What's the earliest you all tested??? They told me to test 12 days past 5dt.

Oh Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :hugs:

I am on a short protocol this time as last time OHSS.

Hi Chaofellfan,
Welcome to the thread. How's it going for you? I had OHSS this cycle - moderate they said, they had to drain me for the pain. Did it have any effect on the treatment you did the last time? I was terrified they would cancel the whole shebang but it went ahead. Draining did the trick.

Have you done one round of treatment before?

quiet on here! i hope you are all ok xxx

It is fierce quiet Annie. How are you doing these days?? :hugs:

Im on a minor meltdown tbh. Finding it very hard to think positive and I don't feel like being in anyway sociable. Watching signs and trying to figure out what's going on, if anything. It seems like such a darned shame to go through so much, three months of medications, intralipids, steroids, two blasts in, fourteen grand up the chimney and nada. I dont know whether to accept the hand that nature has dealt us or remortgage the house and go at it like it's a war. :grr: I hate to be defeated but this one just may have me licked.

Friday is blood test so I will test on Thursday. Im terrified. Is it better to not test and still have hope or get it over with. :nope:

Oh and I just found out today another girl I know well just had a baby girl with a guy I used to date. Unplanned. They will never know how lucky they are. :growlmad:

Ummm, I might be pregnant. Did a test. :wacko: Today is 5 days plus 8, so day 13. Came back positive. :wacko: It was one of those ones that measure your levels and tell you how far along you are, so it said 1-2 weeks which would be right. I dont want to get the hopes up but at least it made me stay out of bed which is where I was after work, I was so miserable. :nope: What do you guys think? Too soon to know? :shrug: I dont think its the trigger shot, I was testing the last time and it was long gone by day 11. Beta blood test is Friday. Frickin terrified now for sure. :wacko:

oooh gill my positive was ae 13 dpo so i think it is!!! eeekkkkk congratulations! sending lots of sticky baby dust your way!!! woooooooooooooooo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oooh gill my positive was ae 13 dpo so i think it is!!! eeekkkkk congratulations! sending lots of sticky baby dust your way!!! woooooooooooooooo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Annie for the vote of confidence. :thumbup: I really do appreciate it.:hugs: Haven't said a word to a single soul except DH and you guys here. I nearly fell out of my standing when I saw the 'pregnant' come up on the test. I seriously had to do a double take and yell for DH to come look at it in case I was seeing things. Im very very scared. Terrified to even do another test even though I know from the 2 miscarriages that you will still get a positive test when things have gone wrong,so Im not likely to get a negative test today/tomorrow. I suppose Im scared about doing another hpt in case the levels are not rising and the result doesnt move on to the "2-3 weeks" from the 1-2 weeks. Im assuming that if things look reasonable on the beta on Friday, they would get me to go back on Monday for another one so by this time next week we will know whether this is even the start of a runner or not. Waiting for that call with the results on Friday will be the end of me. They do the tests in the morning and then call you around 5pm. :wacko:

Then there is always the fear of another early miscarriage. Strike 3 and Im out.

I just keep telling myself over and over that Im doing everything I can possibly do. Im taking steroids, progesterone, estrogen, aspirin, 5mg folic acid, vit b complex, pregnacare conception and taking daily clexane injections. I've had an intralipid infusion and the only other thing I can do is to have another infusion. I dont sleep much with the steroids and pee all night anyway but now I feel the anxiety kicking in when Im awake in the wee hours. Is there anything else I could be doing? Im doing very little at work and taking it handy and trying not to get the least bit stressed with work/home/family. What else is there to do? :shrug:

Sorry to be such a downer folks, Im just so terrifed to even hope for a good outcome after all the disapointment we've had in the last few years.

Hi ladies
I am feeling much better now and trying to be more positive. We have our follow up app on 12th jan and im hoping we can have our frozen cycle in feb/mar time.

Gill ive got everything crossed for you :dust:

Annie how are you doing? When is ur scan must be soon :happydance:

Hope everyone else is ok :flower:

Hi ladies
I am feeling much better now and trying to be more positive. We have our follow up app on 12th jan and im hoping we can have our frozen cycle in feb/mar time.

Gill ive got everything crossed for you :dust:

Annie how are you doing? When is ur scan must be soon :happydance:

Hope everyone else is ok :flower:

Hey Fisher! Good to have you back. It won't be long before you really are back in the saddle again. You will be able to nip into the Baileys now over Christmas :hugs:

Annie when is your scan? Nevermind me waffling on, how are YOU doing?? :thumbup:

I did another test this morning and it came back positive and the time has moved on to 2-3 weeks on it, which would be right at 16 dpo. Im a flipping wreck though. Beta blood tomorrow. Im quite literally quaking in my boots. I smiled to myself this morning when I read the test results and was making the bed and realised that that was the first time I've actually smiled about this. If I were throwing my guts up or something I'd feel much better :dohh:

Thanks for the support on here guys. I would have gone off the rails completely if I hadn't been able to talk about this here. :hugs: :hugs:

hi guys gill i know i said it before but congratulations! you will only be two weeks behind me eeekkk!

fisher im so glad to see that you are feeling a little better i have been thinking of you lots! hugs to you! feb mar is a stones throw away for the frozen cycle! i shant be leaving this thread until you all get you bfps or the next steps on your journey!

tinks, lolly,nayla, t4b i hope you are all keeping well keep posting it will be nice to hear what is happening for you all in the new year xxx

afm, im ok thanks guys not very many symptoms which is such a worry after last time but i HAVE to remain positive as by this point last time i had several days of spotting and to be honest i think that was the warning signs of the eventual loss. i have occasional (very occasional) nausea and heartburn. fatigue horredous dreams and sore boobs. im still pretty crampy on and off but since not bleeding im accepting that is normal.

my scan is at 8 weeks on 13th dec and although i know that is a little late i felt doing at six after last time would only cause me stress if the heartbeat wasnt showing. for me the best option was to wait til 8 weeks and get a more accurate scan that would save me those 6 weeks that i carried after m/c last time even if i risk never seeing the baby.

i know i dont sound positive in this message guys but on the whole i am it's just so frightening when those previous memories are so raw really i should be 37 weeks now and i never forget that. my little angel IS going to look after me and let me and dh become a mummy and daddy im sure of it! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->