• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Plex, going to Bali and Tokyo and we are flying from Californian. So long way but I'm sure it's worth it. :D

I won't have my nursing info till October. My RE starts prepping early with the BCP. And from the look of it, he is going pretty aggressive with the meds....I think. I'm ok with that as long as my body can handle it.

I'm excited for you Plex. 3 weeks eeeekkkkk

Oooo! Exciting!! Hope u have a lovely time!

Hopefully the dose is not too aggressive for you :hugs: sure they will monitor you really well and change it if needed

I know 3 weeks :happydance: although we're still waiting for hubbies test results to come back - hopefully by then or sometime afterwards! We've already waited 3 weeks (last fri)and they take 6-10 weeks to come back. Hate waiting!
xx

Hello everyone!
I'm back from vacation and my AF came yesterday, couple days ahead of schedule. Since today is a holdiday, tomorrow morning I need to call the clinic and schedule the baseline ultrasound and IVF nurse session. Hopefully there will be enough time to do all that.

Hi all! I called the clinic to book my nurse consultation today (1st Oct), my dates are looking like-
Endometrial scratch 14th Oct
ICSI Cycle Antagonist Protocol Start 22nd Oct
Anyone's dates very similar to mine?
Happy holidays ilovetomatoes! We're just back from a few days in Scotland which was lovely.
:hugs: to everyone xxxx

:flower: Hi everyone, had my review at my clinic today and have confirmed that we will be going again in October/November. It will be a FET with one or two (waiting to have that discussion with DH!) of our frosties assuming that they thaw ok. I'm staying on long protocol but will start buserelin on CD1 instead of CD21 this time as last time I managed to produce follies when I shouldn't have. Not sure of exact dates as my cycles are long and irregular but hoping to be starting somewhere around 20th October. First Scan is next Monday since I won't have another until I've started down regging.

Have been keeping an eye on what everyone has posted and guess it will start to get a lot busier on here in a few weeks when we all really get going :bunny:

ILT holiday sounds amazing!

Jungleland - whereabouts in Scotland did you go? We're looking at booking a weekend there for our anniversary in October and are struggling to narrow the options down!

Morana - I'm sure there will be time even though it never feels that way. hope you get it all booked in ok tomorrow.

Plex, how you doing honey?

Hi Lizzie, yes I think the thread will come alive when everyone gets going :) lots of hopeful Autumn ladies
We did a bit of a roadtrip and stopped 1 night in Inveraray (west coast), 2 nights in Applecross (west coast highlands), 1 night in Edinburgh on the way back down the east coast. We both love seafood/fish so ate lots of prawns, lobster, mussels, monk fish, langoustines, cullen skink, yum yum yum! Great for peace and quiet on the west coast, lots of lovely walks for reflection on a tough year and preparation for what's ahead xxxx

Guess, I'll be the first to get things going but there was no Sept/Oct thread ;)
Finally talked to the clinic and I'm going in tomorrow for bloodwork and ultrasound, then a talk to the nurse to start our FET. Had a few stressful moments there when they told me it might be too late for this month since it's day 4 of AF today... but then they were able to clear me since it's FET, not fresh. I think I have a couple more gray hairs now :D

Ugh Morana I bet you did have a few stressful moments! I think the worst thing about Ivf is the waiting. Always waiting for something, usually because you just missed a window by a couple of days. Glad that you haven't missed being able to start this cycle though, that's excellent news!

Lizzie, yes! :wacko: At least the wait for this appointment is not as long, but then I'll have to take bcp for a month so nothing will be happening for a while.
Turns out my doctor also wants to do a hysteroscopy again sometime during this month to make sure I didn't get more scarring from the last D&C. Ugh, I was really hoping I won't see the inside of yet another hospital this year... Oh well. <meditates> It'll be all worth it in the end </>

I agree this thread will soon pick up, at the moment i have literally NOTHING going on. Well, except trying to diet but thats another story! :)

Morana - Bet u're so relieved to be starting this month! I wouldve been pissed if i were put off another month - the wait is awful enough as it is!

Ive had a few close calls in as much as having to get af in a short space of time and trying not to freak out about the northisterone working or not or whether i get af at a weekend, ie friday pm! Grey hairs all around i think lol :)

I really hope u dont have to have to go into hospital re- scarring :nope:

Do u have a tentative date for transfer aswell? xx

Jungle - Dont think i'll be far behind you :) I have my nursing session on the 26th Sept. Not sure if we should do an endo scratch again? we had one in June. I think theyre only optimal for 3 cycles afterwards? I'm doing short protocl icsi too - menopur 300iu :) Hopefully this month will fly by for us both!! xx

Lizzie!! :hugs: Heya hun - I think its good for them to be cautious and do the buserelin, will u be on the same higher dose as before?

Tough thing isnt it deciding to put back one or two? Have u had that chat with hubby yet? Im pretty sure ive decided to go with two next time (hoping that they fertilize at least this time!) although that all could change lol

Will you be inducing ur period to get cd1? Or just waiting to start naturally? xx

Plex, not sure whether im starting on the higher dose that I ended on but probably based on the conversation that we had. After my scan on Monday they will send me my protocol so i'll know for sure then. Not looking forward to it, I really struggled with the down regging last time! Have gently prompted hubby that we have to make a decision on the number we are transferring by Monday at which point he got a bit grumpy. Leaving him to think it over but have decided to take him up tot he peak district this weekend walking which will give us some time together doing something nice before I push him again! Gosh this marriage during IVF thing is so fraught lol!!

Hey

Morana - Brill news that you will be starting this month - Good luck hope all goes well.

Lizzie - Great that you know you will be starting soon and hopefully time passes quickly for you. Good luck on talking to the hubby again about putting one or two back in.

Plex - How is the diet going?

Hope everyone else ok?

AFM, well today i have received a call from St marys and i am in form my consultation appointment on 9th September next tuesday. SO HAPPY. I will get all our results back, to be honest the only we have never had is the AMH the rest i am not concerned about. The lady said we will sign off all paperwork and get treatment plan and when to ring in for treatment. I got AF today, so first chance is i get accepted will be 01.10.14, so fingers crossed!
I am back on track with my diet and finally got back to my pre holiday weight :) 1lb away from my 5 stone xx

Lizzie - Who'd do marriage AND fertility treatments eh?? :haha: Im lucky my hubby is the kind thats like, well its ur body ur decision. Its good but I get pretty flat answers when i want to talk something through with him :dohh:

Sounds like a great idea though taking him away for a bit of 'persuasion' or at least discussion :) U get a nice break from it all too, which is an added bonus :thumbup:

Will u rent a flat or something to go up to? Im a bit slow as i remember u going up during ur last treatment - is it to the same place?? xx

Kaye - Yay!! It'll be great to have an actual date to head for! And the 9th isnt far away at all for ur consultation :D

Awesome going with the weight loss hun! :happydance: Im trying not to eat too much, which i think is my downfall. I work nights so eat during the night which is a hundred times worse! Ive been trying to graze rather than have proper meals at night. Not doing too bad i think - will weigh myself in the morning :D
xx

Hopefully your doc will be able to advise on whether the scratch is worth having again Plex at your appointment on 20th. I've not heard any rules about how often you should have them but this is only my first try with the scratch xxxx

Hey ladies

How's your weekend?

I've just done my first ever 10k race. Feel so good now. X

Jungle - yeah i think its worth asking about the scratch for sure, ill ask at my app the ill update it on here just in case it helps others :) only 2 weeks or so left till my app now, feeling a bit 'meh' about it all, like i cant be bothered. It'll soon pass i imagine (hopefully!) xx

Kaye - Weekend not bad ta - ive been working 12hr shifts and its been nice for once! :dohh: just my luck! Got a couple of days off now so taking it easy :)

Wow! Good for you hun! was it difficult doing that race? bet ur feeling achey now? xx

Kaye wow 10K! That's amazing, well done!

Plex - we were just going to go walking for the day but in the end we stayed local and went out on the bikes which was lovely too. Off to the caravan in Wales this coming weekend (which I think is what you are remembering about me :winkwink: ) I'm sure that by the time your appointment comes around you'll be feeling a bit different about it. I think the waiting just makes it hard to stay enthused about things all the time - it would be exhausting!

How are all you other ladies doing? A few weeks now and we will be starting to move forwards and do stuff :happydance:

Got my scan this afternoon just to confirm that everything is ok after last cycle. Assuming it is then they will post my protocol out to me ready to start after my October bleed. Keeping everything crossed that I don't have any massive cysts in there to derail everything. DH has agreed we can go ahead with two embie transfer assuming we can thaw two and I lost 6 1/2 lbs in the last week by sticking to my diet so cautiously I feel like things are getting back on track.

Kaye, wow, that's amazing! Since running is seriously not my thing, I highly respect anyone who can go for it :D Your consultation is tomorrow, if I remember correctly, are you ready? :)

Lizzie, yay for scan, fx for you and no cysts. Those pesky things sure are annoying.

Plex, better feel 'meh' than torture yourself for two weeks with expectations and anxiety.

AFM, appt on Thu went OK but thanks to my dr wanting to do the surgery, no set calendar yet. If surgery goes soon (and well, meaning no scarring), we might do the transfer on 14th or 15th of October. The one thing that makes me doubt that timeline apart from surgery is that my dad will be visiting 10th through 25th of Oct... and he always manages to find a way to stress me out! :D So I'm trying to make my decision, but I'm waiting until everything is set with the surgery.

Lizzie - Still sounds like a nice break away from it all :) Yes!! it was the caravan i was thinking of - u posted some views from the balcony, so lovely there :D
Does the caravan park shut at the end of October or later in the year? My MIL has a caravan in cromer and theyre open march to October, mind u cromer basically shuts for the other half of the year! lolol

How did ur scan go? hope there were no cysts? xx

Morana - I actually wish i felt something about this next cycle, obviously not torturing myself lol, but something! I think thats whats making me so 'meh'. Although the 'meh' feeling is closely linked with whats the point, its not going to work anyway type feeling. At least every day is a step closer!

U reckon u'll postpone the transfer until after ur dads been? Bit of a pain as it means a bit more waiting but then u can relax? xx

Plex, that sucks. But I guess by 4th cycle I'd probably feel more fatalistic than anything. It's tough to get excited... but maybe closer to the appt it will change :)

I'm so undecided on postponing. My OH is voting for postponing and it makes sense given the level of stress my dad is able to inflict and not notice.
On the other hand, I'd like to take some days off when my dad's here and then I wanted to take a couple off after transfer. So it seems it might be more efficient to combine those days off.... But so far I'm waiting for surgery schedule to decide for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->