• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Lizzie - well done on the fab weight loss and also great news that you will hopefully put 2 back! ☺ good luck for the scan too

Plex - lovely enjoy your few days off. Any plans how to spend them? The race was hard it was a personal challenge since losing the weight. I'm not aching too much to be honest.

Morana - hope you get your surgery date soon and it all goes smoothly. I probably would not be able to delay. I'm just to impatient to wait any longer but you want to be as relaxed as possible xx

Yes it is my consultation tomorrow. Got my ivf pack Saturday. Just got to write down all my questions tonight. Excited.

Hi all,

Sounds like everyone is moving along, even if there is a bit of "meh" feeling going around. Hope that everyone keeps updating each other on this thread and we can be a good support network for each other.

Well dont Kaye on the 10k! That's amazing and hope that the consult goes well tomorrow.

AFM - Thursday is my IVF teach class and since DH is working abroad my Mum is coming with me. After that class things should start to move faster since the nurse is meant to begin the process of pre-authorization for my health insurance and the ordering of the drugs, since DH and I will sign consents on October 10th, but my Oct cycle could begin as early as Oct 16th. We don't think the health insurance company etc. will be able to get their act together in time to get the authorization and drugs together in 6 days, so clinic has agreed to act before consent forms are signed. I think that after Thursday things will start to seem more real.

Also, I completely fell asleep in my acupuncture session on Friday! Clearly something is working and making me feel relaxed. :) I also purchased a 5-session package to reduce the cost ever so slightly.

Hey Ladies,

Plex - Caravan park only shuts for 4 weeks in January (and even then they let you in you tell them you want to go). We have some sort of heated wire underneath the van that runs along all the water pipes so that we don't have to turn it off and don't have to worry about burst pipes so we use it all year round. to be honest we use it more in winter I think because we tend to have less commitments. Its lovely there when the snow settles especially because there are only a few other people who go out of season so we have the place almost to ourselves. Now! keep saying meh! until you feel meh about being meh ;) You cant be enthusiastic all the time but I bet you feel a bit more interested and in control once you start injecting again.

Morana - so tough to decide what to do. it makes sense to me to combine the time off but then the stress of your dad...I just don't know. I think you're doing the right thing by waiting to make the decision tbh.

kaye - good luck for tomorrow be sure to let us know how you get on.

Psalm - Good luck with the injection teach although you wont need it. You'll be a pro in no time.

Afm, Scan went well. No pesky cysts :thumbup: Now in a stress about dates though. Nurse said she thinks my af will be here shortly which is goo because I cant start until CD 1 of my next one. I'm usually around 32-36 days so am cutting things fine. I need to be on CD1 by 24th October or i'll have to skip this cycle and wait to avoid the clinic close down over Xmas and New Year. I know if it happens it wont be the end of the world but I have my head in the right place now and don't want to wait.

Lizzie - brill news on the scan. Here's hoping af will behave and do what you want. Fingers crossed .

Well I had my consultation today. All went well. My amh level 27.54 which she seemed really happy with and because of this I will be on a short protocol maybe injections only 10 days bit they will want to monitor me because of the good number. Hubby sa was the lowest count we have ever had at 4 million and only 1%morphology so we will be doing icsi. I'm happy with that as believe it increases the percentage of success slightly . The dr said I need to wait for a letter back from heft and then when I have that wait for my period to ring up to get bloods done again and a teach booked in. If that's done treatment will start the following month. So I need to hope the letter is here before the 1st October as that's when my next period due and hope they can fit me in to start 28th October. Dr said even if everything against me and I get refused for treatment first 3 times I should deffo have had a cycle within 6 months. I'm praying end of October tho.

kaye - that's great news! You can wait for your letter with me whilst I wait for AF (sigh lol!) Fingers crossed that it comes soon.

Sorry not been around much, been on holiday and just waiting really.

AF arrived last week so have now got my scratch booked for 25th Sep and have had screening bloods taken on Mon. Feeling a bit peeved coz our GP said we could get them done for free through them (as we've done once b4) however had phone call 2day stating that they won't analyse until they've received payment...grrr!

Got our counselling appt 2mrw afternoon to help us deal with the emotions of this 3rd attempt (tissues at the ready) and then new drug training on Mon afternoon.

So all gearing up to start on my next cycle on 2nd Oct. Not sure whether excited or scared at the mo (probably both!) but in a way it does feel better to be back trying again rather than waiting around to save money and focus on getting on with life. I would put myself thru this every month to have our baby if we could afford it!

Hope everyone is doing ok and not feeling tooooo impatient! ;-)

Bumpsparkle - hope the counselling goes well and you feel benefit from it we have thought about it but not sure yet .

2nd October is not far away at all exciting time. Lots of good luck wishes for this cycle xx

bumpsparkle, hope the counselling is useful. Its probably wise to shed those tears before starting again to give yourself a chance to start over iykwim. I've heard lots of good things about counselling so really hope it benefits you.

xxx

Out of interest ladies, how long did it take for your letter to come from hfea?

Hi Kaye, sorry I don't remember ever waiting for a letter from HFEA, have they told you what it's about? Xxxx

Not really just like a confirmation I think. Not sure.

I've never had a letter from the HFEA either. I had to sign consent forms for the HFEA at the clinic but other than that the only thing ive received from the clinic that isn't a protocol or a bill are letters to my Dr's surgery confirming what treatment I have had.

in other news... still no AF sigh!

Have you filled in a batch of HFEA consent forms Kaye? That's all I remember doing too. I had a few extra to do because I eggshared and copies of my life pen picture for donor conceived children went to HFEA too, but I don't ever remember having to have anything back from them before we could start

AF never comes when you want it too does it Lizzie! Aargh! I'm sure the stress wondering where it is makes it worse too! Xxxx

I don't remember ever having a HFEA letter either, only signing forms and paying them a fee thru our clinic, sorry.

Counselling went better than expected. I was really worried that I didn't know how to feel this cycle; I want to feel excited like the 1st attempt and think that we will get our bfp, but then my head tells me that it could just as easily fail again and I start feeling protective and negative like I was during the 2nd cycle. The best advice I had was to 'try' not focus on the end result or how you will feel if it goes either way but to focus on the journey day by day and try to enjoy the journey of doing something (a cycle) which is helping us as a couple achieve our dream. Easier said than done but has helped me put things into perspective and get 'some' control over my emotional too-ing and fro-ing.

It was strange walking back into the clinic after over a year but in a strange way I felt some peace and relief that we were back giving it a go. I find the months of saving up and waiting to try so so difficult, and I wish my life away til we can try again. So I'm really trying to focus on the positive that we're finally able to give it another go, rather than just waiting around. Although it does seem that the waiting around doing nothing pressure goes, only to be replaced by the anxiety of doing a cycle lol! :)

Sorry for the rant...I think the counselling has made me a bit drippy! :)
Hope everyone is ok and looking forward to the weekend x

Hi bumpsparkle you summed up a lot of my own feelings about try number 3 in your last post. I'm going to try and take it day by day too but I'm such 'a planner' and always thinking too far ahead! Let's hope it's lucky number 3 :dust:

I'm just back from an amazing hen do :thumbup: my last drink for a while :wine: I've been sensible with food for the last couple of weeks, now I'm detoxing alcohol too in the lead up to our next round of treatment. Roll on october!

xxxx

Bumpsparkle - glad the counselling went well. It's hard taking it day by day when all we want is a crystal ball telling us it will happen. However I need to start positive thinking too and taking things one day at time.

Jungleland - I'm going to join you on the night alcohol too. Not long for you to wait now. 2 weeks to go!

AM - I rang clinic it's a letter from them I need to wait for before ringing up. Apparently it takes 4 weeks. My appt was 9th and af due 1st Oct so cutting it fine so gonna ring again next week to myther some more ha ha

Kaye, I don't blame you it doesn't hurt to keep reminding them that you exist and are waiting!

Jungleland - exciting times it feels like you are gathering speed now ready to start. I actually didn't miss alcohol all that much after the fist week or so last time. maybe because I felt so rotten, if so hope I feel rotten again this time as it made things a lot easier ha ha

AFM, AF finally arrived yesterday (not sure if it was connected to the massive dose of vitamin c I took in desperation to get it started or not...). So, fingers crossed provided my next one is before 24th October then I'll be starting DR in the next 4 weeks or so.

x

I had no idea that lots of vit c could bring AF on Lizzie! My AF was 4 days late at the start of my last IVF cycle, I was pulling hair out! Now gonna stock up on oranges just in case it's late for the start of my next round :haha:
Hope everyone's got a nice weekend planned xxxx

Ha ha jungleland neither did I. I ended up desperately googling what might get it started and out of some of the rather odd suggestions that was the one that sounded most helpful and least wacky!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing. It's not long until October now - I hope everyone is getting ready for what will hopefully be all of our BFPs!

Psalm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->