ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Good luck for tomoro ostara, it will be worth it in the end but hope it's not too painful for you, sending lots of babydust xx

Hiya,

Sorry I've been a tad awol but i have been lurking about.

3Chords - 13 embies thats great numbers :happydance:

Madonna - Your otd is the same as mine, how are you feeling.

Keri - i'm so pleased that you have your official :bfp::happydance:

Ostara - Good luck with today, i hope it all goes well & it's not too painful.

AFM I'm just waiting patiently till Friday when i can test, I have been having a few twinges here & there but you never know if its a good or bad sign.

I hope everyone else is doing ok x

Thanks ladies :) I'm home now and officially PUPO with two blastocysts :) both survived the thaw process, which was great :) and transfer wasn't as painful this time. My bladder was very very full, which was uncomfortable, but it helped to straighten out my awkward cervix and uterus, so our consultant didn't have to use the dreaded clip/clamp this time :)

Then we had a quiet pub lunch, went to my acupuncturists house for a post-transfer pin cushion session and now I'm home doing not-very-much for the rest of the day!

Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that our little embryos settle in for the long hall and that they can find themselves a comfy space in my less than ideal lining!

Well done Ostara fingers crossed for you. When is your test date? Mines the 20th..

My OTD is the 19th, chimmi. I'm determined not to test early this time!

So glad all went well ostara, wishing you all Christmas bfps xxx

congrats keri on your :bfp:
hoping for more good news for everyone else

Congrats on being PUPO Ostara!!!!

Just thought I'd share with you girls my appointment with my new re today!!!. Dh and I liked him a lot! He was very upfront. Not beating around the bush. Straight to the point. He has a very different approach to IVF he wants to do for me. He said I do have low ovarian reserve, obviously, but since I am young, age is on my side and the eggs I do have will be of good quality. He wants to do more of like a mini-ivf. Start on day two, no surpression at all, be on Femara for however many days and then low dose of Follistim and Menopur. He says giving such high meds really affects quality of eggs, and we don't want that.

It's really all about quality for me at this point and it's okay if I only produce a few follicles, as long as they are great ones. FX!

I asked if I should have any other testing done before we start. He wants me to do an endometrial biopsy/scratch day 21 of my next cycle and then start femara on day two of the following cycle!!! Looking like end of January for me.

My OTD is the 19th, chimmi. I'm determined not to test early this time!

How come yours is before mine but my transfer was before yours?? Is it coz mine was day 3?? Was yours day 5?

Beneath- that's such a great consultation! You've inspired me to get mine booked (both my debrief with current clinic and first consultation with a new clinic ). I need them to tell me that they're going to try something different because 3 times on the same protocol/drugs/dose is getting us nowhere. I'd definitely have the scratch hun, early studies show it maximises chances of BFP if you can transfer a good quality embryo

Emz-good luck for friday hun, I'll be thinking about you. It takes a lot of willpower not to test early

Ostara- congratulations on being PUPO! I really hope this FET brings success for you

Chimmi- different clinics test at different times. Mine was exactly 2 weeks after egg collection (my collection was a monday so my test was on a monday 2 weeks later, regardless of the age of the embryo transferred) but I've known others be a lot longer (past the point of AF being due)

I hope eveyone else is ok

AFM- sorry I've not been on much lately, i had good intentions to stick around but I'm firmly back in the real world now, work is busy, Christmas preparations and I've got an interview for a new job on Monday (2yr secondment ). Need to book our debrief at the clinic but seen as we wont be able to afford another cycle until at least late summer 2015 I'm thinking there's no rush

:dust: to all xxxxx

Ok, mines 2 weeks after transfer, I don't even know when AF is due!! They didn't say, how would I work it out?
I'm in CD26 today of roughly 30 day cycle.. Which means AF is due this weekend - but my test date is the following weekend so a whole week later.. Is this right?? So AF could come this weekend? Or do all he stims and hormones change the length of cycle :/

I'm glad you came away from your appointment feeling positive, BMW :) really hope the new approach works for you :)

Chimmi, I had a day 5 transfer, yes. Our clinic sets OTD for 16 days after egg collection. Obviously, I didn't have egg collection this time, so it's set for 11 day post transfer because my frosties were day 5 :) I think it's crazy how different all the clinics are. I guess they can't agree on when it's best to test!

I have my fingers crossed for all of you!

We made the decision today (day 5) to freeze all. We had enough embryos to perform PGS and will get the results tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, we will freeze the embryos, allow my body to recover from the OHSS symptoms and move forward with FET. I will wait for my cycle to start, then on day 21 start Lupron and after the bleed move with estrace. So I think we are looking at early February for the FET.

I just have to hope that we find at least one PGS normal embryo now! We have agreed that we will transfer two blasts even if they are normal (transferring 2 PGS-normal blasts increases chances of twins to around 40% which is really high but it also increases odds of BFP so we are currently at peace with that decision even though I know that actually it is always better to have a singleton outcome in IVF!).

Chimmi- my cycles are normally 28days and this didnt change on my IVF cycles. AF came on day 29 (so was day1 effectively). But i guess it's different for everyone xxxx

Jungleland -- Aww, thanks hun. I am glad I inspired you. Hope your appointments go great!!! I was glad to hear a different perspective and approach on things. I hope this works better for me!!! I will be having the scratch!

3chords -- Good luck, hun! Hope all your embies are PGS normal!!!! FX!!

Ostara -- Thanks hun! Not testing early sounds like a great idea!

Chimmi- my cycles are normally 28days and this didnt change on my IVF cycles. AF came on day 29 (so was day1 effectively). But i guess it's different for everyone xxxx

Ok. Does taking progesterone pessaries make a difference? Am taking 400mg every 12 hours, do they prevent AF?

Chimmi- I stopped taking the progesterone the minute I got my official bfn and AF arrived the next day. When I had my chemical, AF still arrived on time despite me continuing the progesterone (just in case my beta miraculously started rising) so I'm not sure progesterone holds back AF (not in my case at least) My advice would be to try and sit back, relax and let nature take its course. Believe that you are pregnant right now and hopefully that will be confirmed when you don't get AF and your OTD confirms BFP :hugs:

Beneath- yes I hope the change in protocol is what you need to get your BFP!

3chords- wishing you all the luck in the world with your OHSS recovery and new years FET XXXX

I'm convinced it hasn't worked.. I don't know why just got a feeling today.
Will try and be positive..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"