ICSI & IVF Thread & 2ww Come and join GIRLS !!!

Provided I respond as planned, I am due to start down regging from 28th October, start stimming on 12th November, take HCG booster and egg collection 36 hours later (currently planned for 25th November), so HPT on 11th December. Fingers crossed I won't need any crimbo pressies.

:hug:

think you had better take me off the list hun. Treatment has been postponed as have a cyst and blocked tube to dea with 1st.

Wish you all well in your treatments

nik

I'm going to have Day 3 blood test tomorrow.and I'll have my next doctor appointment on 10th Nov 08.. :happydance: :happydance:

Provided I respond as planned, I am due to start down regging from 28th October, start stimming on 12th November, take HCG booster and egg collection 36 hours later (currently planned for 25th November), so HPT on 11th December. Fingers crossed I won't need any crimbo pressies.

That would be great hun :bfp: for christmas :bfp: for christmas :hugs:

think you had better take me off the list hun. Treatment has been postponed as have a cyst and blocked tube to dea with 1st.

nik

Oh hun :hugs: i sent you a message hopefully you can start your treatment soon , When have you got to have this removed ?

Hopefully they can still start you before christmas fingers crossed
lets hope somthing good comes out of this they say all good things come to those who wait

:hugs:

I'm going to have Day 3 blood test tomorrow.and I'll have my next doctor appointment on 10th Nov 08.. :happydance: :happydance:

I pick up my medication and start down regging on the 10th november :happydance: whats your day 3 blood test for hun ??

It sounds like we could be cycle buddys ??

nik

Oh hun :hugs: i sent you a message hopefully you can start your treatment soon , When have you got to have this removed ?

Hopefully they can still start you before christmas fingers crossed
lets hope somthing good comes out of this they say all good things come to those who wait

Have sent you a message too hun

I pick up my medication and start down regging on the 10th november :happydance: whats your day 3 blood test for hun ??

My doctor wants me to have the Day 3 blood test to check my hormone.
The 1st step for IVF is to start injection on Day 21?

My doctor wants me to have the Day 3 blood test to check my hormone.
The 1st step for IVF is to start injection on Day 21?

Me to i have to start injections on day 21 so it looks like we will be buddys
:happydance: you will proberely test the same time as me thats if all our treatment goes as planned :)

They dont do the hormone test with me on day 3 though but this is my second cycle so they are going to up my dose of treatment to get more eggs as i only collected two but had lots of follies it was weird ...
and my womb lining was only 7.4mm so hoping for a biggger better womb lining for sticky :bfp: :hugs:

nik

Hun i have not taken you off the list but edited it with your waiting to start cycle :)
which will hopefully fingers crossed be very soon :)
let us know when you get your date for the op hun

Maz...
5 more days till you start your injections :happydance: how ya feelin hun

:happydance: you will proberely test the same time as me thats if all our treatment goes as planned :)

They dont do the hormone test with me on day 3 though but this is my second cycle so they are going to up my dose of treatment to get more eggs as i only collected two but had lots of follies it was weird ...
and my womb lining was only 7.4mm so hoping for a biggger better womb lining for sticky :bfp: :hugs:

I really hope that i can start the injection on 10th Nov..I'm now taking folic acid as supplement..

Hope we can be cycle buddy hun..:hug:

I really hope that i can start the injection on 10th Nov..I'm now taking folic acid as supplement..

Hope we can by cycle buddy hun..:hug:

Is the 10th the day you got to pick up your medication hun ??

:) :hug:

Maz...

Feeling a bit down in the mouth. After speaking with the nurse at the planning appointment, we felt quite upbeat and happy with what we were doing. She was lovely, and any questions we asked she was able to answer and had a lovely manner about her. We then met the embryologist and I instantly didn't warm to her. I couldn't wait to get out of the clinic for some reason. She couldn't / wouldn't give me straight answers instead opting for the 'nobody knows' standard answer. I know that with this type of treatment it's difficult to know, but it was the fact that she was so evasive with her answers. She certainly didn't put me at ease, but maybe that's why she's an embryologist and not a nurse.

Not overly worried about the injections. I know how to make up the syringes and how to inject. First injection on Tuesday morning which will no doubt be the worst but never mind.

Hi angeldust, how you feeling hun

Maz, sorry you didn't have a nice experience at the clinic. Funny how some staff can be ok one time and others really un approchable. Maybe she was having an off day.
Good luck with your 1st injection hun :hugs:

Take care all

nik

Maz...

Feeling a bit down in the mouth. After speaking with the nurse at the planning appointment, we felt quite upbeat and happy with what we were doing. She was lovely, and any questions we asked she was able to answer and had a lovely manner about her. We then met the embryologist and I instantly didn't warm to her. I couldn't wait to get out of the clinic for some reason. She couldn't / wouldn't give me straight answers instead opting for the 'nobody knows' standard answer. I know that with this type of treatment it's difficult to know, but it was the fact that she was so evasive with her answers. She certainly didn't put me at ease, but maybe that's why she's an embryologist and not a nurse.

Not overly worried about the injections. I know how to make up the syringes and how to inject. First injection on Tuesday morning which will no doubt be the worst but never mind.

Maybe she was having a off day they do tell you its not a 100% incase you
think they done somthing wrong and it was there fault if it never worked
i know mine kind of tells me that in a kind of way but as long as the nurses are nice with you then thats all that matters :)

Tuesday not so far away :happydance: I cant wait till i start mine so you but be excited and nerves about starting on tuesday Lots of baby dust hun :dust::dust::dust::dust:

bryany1 :)
Am feeling ok no more headaches hoping it stays that way :)
have you yet a apointment for your op ? they should do it soon :hugs:

New information on first page girls about the treatment etc take a look very helpfull
:)

Girls here are some questions that you may want to ask your nurse etc.
remember if there is anything on this list you feel you would like to ask your nurse then ask her infact you can copy and paste this list into your word doc and print this out

1. What were the main factors that contributed to this negative cycle?
(well you might as well start with the obvious one!!)

2. What are this clinics success rates for couples in our position (taking age and diagnosis into consideration)? And what is that statistic nationally?

3. Eggs:
a) How was the quality of the eggs? (Were they mature enough?)
b) Were there as many as you were expecting?
c) Would having egg collection a few days earlier or later help?
d) Would more monitoring during the stimulation phase help you to control my drugs better (and thus get a better result)?
e) Is there anything else that can be done to improve the eggs?
f) Can we still do egg share? /Should we consider using an egg donor?

4. Sperm:
a) How was the quality of the sperm?
b) Had the count, motility or morphology improved at all?
b.ii) Is there anything that can be done to improve this?
c) Would we get better results with SSR?
d) Should we consider donor sperm (or ‘donor back-up’)?
e) Should we consider an appointment with an urologist? (Whom would you recommend?)

5. Embryological questions:
a) How did the embryologist feel the ICSI procedure went? (E.g. was it easy to find sperm of good morphology in the sample?)
b) How well did fertilization go? (E.g. more quickly or slowly than expected)
c) Did any fertilized eggs produce unusual results? (E.g. 3 nuclei)
d) What was the overall quality of the embryos like?
e) How do you grade them/what is your opinion of grading vs. live baby rate?
f) Does any of this suggest any issues?
g) Could assisted hatching help us?
h) Would delaying transfer (or carrying it out earlier) have helped?
i) What is your opinion on going for blastocysts next time?
j) Can the embryologist remove the fragmentation in the embryos?
k) What do you feel the link is between fertilisation rate, embryo quality and live baby rate?
l) What is the policy with regard to freezing/frozen embryos?

6. The drugs:
a) How do you feel I responded to the drugs for down regulation? (Did it take longer or less time than expected?)
b) How do you feel I responded to the drugs for stimulation? (Did I respond too quickly or too slowly? Did I produce enough eggs? Did coasting for a few days effect egg quality?)
c) Did the trigger injection work as expected? (Should I have taken it earlier or later for better results?)
d) Do you feel I am on right drugs at the right dose or should this be changed next time?

7. Further tests:
a) Are their any further blood/hormone tests you would now recommend? (E.g. FSH, E2, etc.)
b) Should we test for immune issues?
c) Should we test for sticky blood?
d) Should we have any further genetic tests?
e) Would you recommend having a hysteroscopy? (Why?)
f) i) Would there be any point to do PGD?
ii) How many embryos to you need for this?
iii) What are the risks involved?
iv) Is each embryo tested for one genetic disease or 9 of the listed diseases?

8. Next cycle:
a) When can we try again? (Why then?)
b) i) Which drugs for down-regulation?
ii) Why do you feel this one would be better?
iii) What dose?
e) i) Which drugs for stimulation?
ii) Why do you feel this one would be better?
iii) What dose?
f) Would you recommend any additional treatment this time? (E.g. low doses of aspirin, IVIG, heparin, etc.)

Hi everyone, do you mind if I join you?
We have been referred for IVF last month and have been told to expect a 6-8 month wait for our first appointment. So although we are not starting for a while yet, I'm really interested to hear your stories and knowledge.
Good luck everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->