im no doctor, but... pg 85!

Level was at 14!

So on the 12th is was 17
On the 16th is was 9
And yesterday the 23rd it was 14.

Anybody else thinking ectopic?

Are you in any pain?? Are you getting an ultrasound?

No pain and haven't spoken with midwife yet only nurse. She should be calling me today to tell me what she wants to do. Would an ultrasound show anything with a level of 14

Maybe, but then what cause I'm supposed to be ovulating this weekend so if they give me a shot or something won't that mess things up?

You may need a d&c, my levels never went down on their own. The only negative about a d&c is you have to wait 3 months to try again

I have no idea, after all my miscarriages they always told me to wait one whole cycle before ttc again, but I think baby bugs got pregnant right away, your numbers went up though and that would worry me that maybe something is not clearing out the way it should :(

If they give you methotrexate you can't TTC for 2 months (my doctor made me wait 3)

They didn't see anything on my US but it was around 5 weeks. And so they assumed ectopic with fluctuating levels.

After my D&C they told me to wait one full cycle. But also advised that IF I did get pregnant before then that it wouldn't be too bad.

Possibly ectopic but usually that shows around 6-7 wks when you start having pain... U/s won't show anything yet. Maybe they can give you pills before doing a shot? If ectopic is suspected then the shot will dissolve it but like others said you can't ttc for 3 months after it... when will midwife call?

So sorry to hear you're going through this :hugs: It does sound like it could possibly be an ectopic - I recently had a dip in HCG then a rise and they were very concerned it could be an ectopic, but luckily it wasn't (although I did found out today that i'm definitely miscarrying and I hope that's not the case for you).

Before I knew that i'd miscarry on my own, I discussed treatment with the consultant at the hospital and we discussed Methotrexate (if it was an ectopic) and a D&C (if it was a non-viable pregnancy but not ectopic). They warned me that if I had Methotrexate i'd have to wait at LEAST 3 months to TTC but that they officially recommend 6 months because if you get pregnant whilst taking or just after taking Methotrexate it can cause problems in an otherwise healthy pregnancy like another miscarriage etc. They said that if I needed a D&C they usually recommend you wait 1 cycle before TTC, but that there was no danger if I accidentally got pregnant again straight away.

I'd suggest that you should speak to your own doctor and discuss all the choices to find out what works for you and don't let them rush you into a decision you're not ready to make. My first consultant wanted me to take Methotrexate straight away because they thought I was having an ectopic but I asked for a second opinion and that consultant found that it wasn't an ectopic and i'm now miscarrying naturally - it's been a longer process but I think it's the better choice for me because otherwise i'd have wondered if i'd terminated a healthy pregnancy and there would have always been doubt in my mind. Also, i'd have had to wait longer to TTC and I really didn't want to do that. That doesn't necessarily mean that Methotrexate or a D&C would be a bad choice for you though :hugs:

Good luck x

Wow.... That's really weird! Your hormones rose instead of decreasing... I've never heard o tht happening...

I hope I don't need anything. I really don't want to delay ttc. Now I'm scared

Don't be scared hunni tbh your levels ain't high enough too cause much damage or anything. When I was 8 weeks pregnant she was 1.8mm now thats tiny and my hcg was sky high !!! So try not too worry on that account

You may have a cyst an just have abit off elavating hcg or simply the hormones just ain't going Back too normal

Your level is only 14 chick do don't stress too much just see your docter and ask them too sort it lol

I doubt you will need a d&c highly doubt it I ha retaine products after the birth of dd they didn't even do one then and with my mcs at 6 week it took a while for my levels too go down and u didn't need a d&c then & I think your levels are too low too see anything on a scan they might be able too see thickening tho good luck hub xxx

Are they doing more blood work? We're you able to ask the Dr why the levels went back up?

They should recommend what you should do the doc or midwife should....and NO you won't ovulate with an HCG of 14 your body stops ovulating....so you wouldn't be fertile at all this time around. I miscarried naturally and got pregnant right at 5 weeks later after the bleeding stopped I didn't have an AF between the miscarriage I just got knocked up right away...but they need to make sure its not in the tube or something for you....or give you the shot I'd think....might need a D&C if things don't clear out on their own though...PRAYERS YOUR WAY!!!

Ok so I go tomorrow for blood work then again Monday for blood work then another appt Tuesday for ultrasound and to talk to my Dr. The nurse said she's pretty positive its not tubal bc I would be in so much pain. She said they are unsure what is going on that is the reason for the blood work and ultrasound. She said the last ultrasound I had was just way to early to see anything cause I was probably just implanting at the time. So it could just be an early pregnancy or molar pregnancy where my body thinks its pregnant but really isn't. So guess well know more Tuesday

Ok so I go tomorrow for blood work then again Monday for blood work then another appt Tuesday for ultrasound and to talk to my Dr. The nurse said she's pretty positive its not tubal bc I would be in so much pain. She said they are unsure what is going on that is the reason for the blood work and ultrasound. She said the last ultrasound I had was just way to early to see anything cause I was probably just implanting at the time. So it could just be an early pregnancy or molar pregnancy where my body thinks its pregnant but really isn't. So guess well know more Tuesday

I really hope this turns out to be your miracle baby.. Are you still testing at home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->