Immediately lightheaded exercising

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey all. I finally decided to stop being lazy and do 30m on my stationary bike and 15m of yoga. I have been drinking water all day and made sure to have a glass before and mid workout but I am getting lightheaded the second I start peddling. Is that normal? Do I stop or push through it?

I would back off. Maybe try walking instead of the bike?
Do you know how your blood pressure is? I have low blood pressure and now being pregnant it's even lower. I've been cautioned multiple times about not moving too quickly/getting up too fast etc.

My blood pressure pre- and during pregnancy has been ideal. Blanking on the numbers. I have been a lazy a** the last few months. I'm a teacher and on my feet all day/most of the day so walking is so unappealing. I am hoping to walk on non rainy days since my dogs are getting pudgy too :rofl: but we're mid a week long storm right now so I can't even drag them outside haha

Could just be your body adjusting to a higher heart rate that a) it's not been used too and b) there is now an added human in there to compensate for! I'd def take it easy and build up your stamina again if you can! I'm similar, I've been so lazy this pregnancy! I've been trying to increase my walking tolerance since Christmas but couldn't work out why I was finding it so hard and nearly passing out after walking up a hill..! Turns out I have really bad anaemia and my heart isn't coping too well :-/ missing beats, having odd rhythms in the day and racing to worrying levels.. :( I'm now on an exercise ban until my iron levels go up! So do keep an eye on your wellbeing, obviously important to keep fit and active but at your own pace and def not if it makes you feel unwell!

It's your body saying slow down, I have good blood pressure before and during pregnancy too but if I stand up too fast I see stars! Getting dizzy/lightheaded is really easy to do in pregnancy, maybe try just the yoga and nothing too vigorous.

Ty ladies. I've been dizzy all day today too/had to do a lot of sitting =\. No rest for the weary but definitely skipping the bike (even though I honestly cycled at a snail's pace on low resistance) and will just do light yoga

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->