• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In-Laws & the holidays???

jjohns50

Reaction score
Warning: long/ tiny bit of a vent thread.

Wow Christmas really crept up this year. Sitting in 55 degree weather doesn't really get you in the spirit :xmas17:
Finally (almost) all the shopping is done. I still need to get a gift for the Grandma-in-law and my own Grandma. Both are hosting Christmas on the 25th. FI & I will also have to find time to squeeze in exchanging gifts, as we don't like to do this in front of our families. On top of this, we both live with our parents (we take turns staying at each other's houses until ours is built) so we will have to go have Christmas with each of them too! That is 5 Christmas's on the 25th. I think we have decided on the sleeping arrangements & the gatherings with our immediate families (thank god). :happydance: The issue lies with our Grandmas' Christmas. Mine announced over two weeks ago that hers will be at One. FI is horrible at coordinating so I have been hounding him to find out a time so we can work out being at both grandmas houses without missing the rest of the extended family. All the FGIL will say is that it is "in the afternoon". I have tried going the other route and asking FMIL about a time (6 days ago) and haven't heard back on that either. Is it just me or is it rude to not pick a time in advance? People have other things to do on Christmas day! All I can squeeze out of FI is "she never picks a time until the day of, and then she usually isnt ready until hours later" ????? Why doesn't he see anything wrong with that :dohh:

Anyways, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on dealing with this situation. I don't want to come across as I don't want to go, I just want to have a plan ahead of time. This same crap was pulled on Thanksgiving, I suggested multiple times to FI that we leave and go to his grandmas and he kept saying not now. We ended up not even going! I feel like I am blamed for his absence & I don't want this to happen again. Also, any gift ideas for FGIL?

This time of year makes me grateful for cranberry wine :wine:

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"