Instead Cups ready for round 2! Baby making is on!

Garnet

Reaction score
Okay took a couple of cycles off and going to try the Instead cups again. I got pregnant in February using those for the first time. The time to BD is this coming weekend. I get answers on all my tests on the 27th regarding the last two MCs. After last MC, I started taking Omega 3, DHEA and Q-10. Hopefully it will work again and I get a good egg! I'm 43 BTW if everyone is wondering. Wish me luck! :baby:

Good luck Garnet, hope you catch a sticky one :hugs: :hugs:

Have also been using the instead cups for this and the last cycle.

Hi garnet,so glad u are back and ttc :hugs:I know u have had an awful time and I really hope and pray u get your bfp,u are always so lovely and helpful to everyone and u were one of the first lovely ladies here to welcome me and add me as a friend :hugs::hugs:,u also introduced the cups to a lot of people and they got their bfp's,I hope it's your turn to be lucky next ,:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Okay took a couple of cycles off and going to try the Instead cups again. I got pregnant in February using those for the first time. The time to BD is this coming weekend. I get answers on all my tests on the 27th regarding the last two MCs. After last MC, I started taking Omega 3, DHEA and Q-10. Hopefully it will work again and I get a good egg! I'm 43 BTW if everyone is wondering. Wish me luck! :baby:

Hey Garnet, welcome back. You are missed from the Over 40s thread, but it has now been moved to groups and discussions if you fancy joining us again.

Ditto, I am 43, with a beautiful boy who's about to turn 3 and 3 mc to my name (which makes me sound terribly clumsy to have lost so many babies!! :cry:) My last one was November last year at 12 weeks and I have been obsessed ever since about trying to be pregnant again. Like you, all I want is one good egg (though twins would be amazing - that's only according to me, and not my DH!!!) Foolishly I have been googling my chances and feeling quite despondent that even one is going to elude me before menopause takes over :nope: I am terrified that my mc was my last chance, you sound far more focused :thumbup:

For 6 months I saw a herbalist but her potions only seemed to send my cycle off track, shortening either, or both, my follicular and/or luteal phases each month (check out my charts - I started taking the tinctures in January and stopped early June). However, one of her recommendations was for DHEA and I may continue with that. I have had a month off supplements too and am now back on EPO, fish oil, B-complex and - just today - taken delivery of Maca. Last month I also used Instead cups and was most disappointed not to fall pregnant because Glowstar told me I would!!!

I hope you get some good news from your appointment on the 27th that can help you get pregnant and prevent a further mc x

Good luck Garnet, I am praying you have a BFP real soon!

Good luck everyone!

I just wanted to say I love soft cups!

Spoomie: I just wanted to say the odds of twins after 40 are like 20% I think thats pretty good!

Hey Garnet, welcome back. You are missed from the Over 40s thread, but it has now been moved to groups and discussions if you fancy joining us again.

Ditto, I am 43, with a beautiful boy who's about to turn 3 and 3 mc to my name (which makes me sound terribly clumsy to have lost so many babies!! :cry:) My last one was November last year at 12 weeks and I have been obsessed ever since about trying to be pregnant again. Like you, all I want is one good egg (though twins would be amazing - that's only according to me, and not my DH!!!) Foolishly I have been googling my chances and feeling quite despondent that even one is going to elude me before menopause takes over :nope: I am terrified that my mc was my last chance, you sound far more focused :thumbup:

For 6 months I saw a herbalist but her potions only seemed to send my cycle off track, shortening either, or both, my follicular and/or luteal phases each month (check out my charts - I started taking the tinctures in January and stopped early June). However, one of her recommendations was for DHEA and I may continue with that. I have had a month off supplements too and am now back on EPO, fish oil, B-complex and - just today - taken delivery of Maca. Last month I also used Instead cups and was most disappointed not to fall pregnant because Glowstar told me I would!!!

I hope you get some good news from your appointment on the 27th that can help you get pregnant and prevent a further mc x

Are you leaving them in overnight? We BD then leave them in overnight. We also do it 4 days in a row before Ovulation and sometimes day after ovulation. Hope you keep trying. Good luck....:flower:

Been kinda out of the loop. I check the threads but don't do much. I've had 3 root canals plus crowns put on in the last 3-6 months. Teeth keep going bad. I also had reaction to the Clomid and all the drugs I need to calm down the bad tooth. Then on top of it all the Thursday before I got Strep throat and was out for almost 3 days. I've been praying for better health and no more dentist issues.... Hopefully there won't be anymore issues this cycle....:thumbup:

Good luck Garnet :dust:

I'm just wondering - are instead cups the same as mooncups? i.e. the things you use for menstruation? I bought one about two years ago but looked at the size of that baby and was too squeamish to use it, lol. It's still gathering dust on my bathroom shelf, but if it's useful for ttc I might consider putting it to good use.

Good luck Garnet :dust:

I'm just wondering - are instead cups the same as mooncups? i.e. the things you use for menstruation? I bought one about two years ago but looked at the size of that baby and was too squeamish to use it, lol. It's still gathering dust on my bathroom shelf, but if it's useful for ttc I might consider putting it to good use.

I don't know for sure but I heard that Instead cups cover the whole cervical area better and it doesn't allow leakage of sperm. If you are in the US, they are at Walgreens, Riteaid, CVS for under 12 or 14 dollars for alot of them. I also heard you can get them through Amazon if you are overseas. They are kinda freaky when you look at them because they are big. I tested out during AF to see if I could insert and remove them properly. I used it for 4 nights before OV after BD and I got pregnant first time out. My biggest regret is not trying or hearing of them before. I could of been pregnant when I was 41 instead of 43 and trying for 2 years to have a viable pregnancy. My last baby was born when I was 40.

Good luck everyone!

I just wanted to say I love soft cups!

Spoomie: I just wanted to say the odds of twins after 40 are like 20% I think thats pretty good!

I love them too! Hopefully we all can get our pregnancies going.

Desperado: There is no Edit button or Thanks button on your thread. I just wanted to say that I've been following your ordeal and hope that everything is okay with you and that you can find out why you can't carry the babies. I hope that u get answers and hopefully u can get pregnant soon. Garnet...

Good luck Garnet, hope you catch that egg.

AFM I don't fancy those Instead cups, it's a bit too icky for me, plus my OH is allergic to latex I don't want him getting a rash on that part whilst TTC!

Northstar don't you put them in after BDing!

Northstar don't you put them in after BDing!

Ha ha I know that LOL, but if we then BD the next day I'd have latex microbes up there wouldn't I? I'm assuming they are made of latex...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->