internal

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Do you have an internal examination when you see the midwife? I really dont want one and I'm praying I wont need to :cry:

You're more than likely not to if you have no under lying problems...

Try not to worry... Even if they have to do one I know its embarrasing but its only for the best.

I very much doubt you will though. Its not a normal procedure unless as I say there is reason as to why one should be carried out.

Stef xx

With my first pregnancy, the first internal I had was at 39w 6d when my waters broke, and they were checking to see if I was in labour.

Unless there's a medical reason, you won't have one as standard.

Do they not do a pap smear there? Here in the U.S. they do a pap smear at the first appointment.

I never had an internal until I was in labour

If this is your first pregnancy and you have no complications relating to downstairs, then no. x

Do they not do a pap smear there? Here in the U.S. they do a pap smear at the first appointment.

Yeah...I have my first exam tomorrow morning and they will do a thorough pelvic exam including a pap smear. It all just depends on where you go, who you see, and what your medical history is (I would think) However in my case, they can do whatever kinda pelvic exam they want if they can give me something for my nausea :dance:

I have my first internal on Wednesday... But thats only because im over due!!

Hope your minds at ease now x

I didnt have an internal until I was overdue either. 40+ weeks.

As for a pap smear, i've never even had one. I inquired about it at the hospital but all they told me was that my first one will be at 25! I'm pretty sure that they will not need to do an internal examination. Best of luck with that.

Yea here in the US you had to have a pap. Other than that I hadn't had any internals, until I started having contractions, so they were just checking my cervix. I think most of the internal stuff tho, they can check via u/s cause they checked my cervix at my 20 week u/s. Good luck with your first appt tho! My very first one was ALL paperwork and genetic stuff tho.

I always thought if they did one before 12 weeks they would do it internal. I know if you have twins they do an internal.. my aunt was preggy with twins until she lost one :(

NO you shouldnt do.

I had a smear test at 8 weeks, which is fine, and my first scans were using an "internal" probe ultrasound thingy, but it wasnt at all uncomfortable.

But there was no "examination" as such, internal or external.

Don't worry - good luck!:hi:

:hugs: Thanks everyone. I'm due a smear test which I guess they will do and thats fine but I really don't like the idea of someone poking about!!

Well I've so far not had an internal examination in my pregnany. If you have an early scan though they sometimes do that internally. I've had plenty of internal examinations for other things though and although they're uncomfortable, they're nothing to worry about. It's nothing they haven't seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->