International bumps to be!

Sorry to hear that dusty! Ugh, I've had instances like that too so I completely understand how freaking frustrating it is! Especially when you're paying for it out of your own pocket.

Hena, that's good news about the watery cm! It's a good sign. I hope your temp goes back up tomorrow...it's possible that you're having an implantation dip now.

mzswizz, I don't know how your can possibly 'BD until something happens' My crazy obsessive self could never not temp, opk and check my cervix on a daily basis...I HAVE to know what's going on in my cycle or I'll go insane! In my defense we are having lots of problems ttc and getting the bean to stick so obsessive is warranted! lol

madrid, glad your dad's operation went well. How long has he been in remission? Hairy cell is pretty rare!!! Like less than 1500 cases a year rare!

I feel like I'm missing people so please forgive me. I need to make another doctor's appointment. I'm not sure what's going on with my body recently but I'm requiring way more sleep than normal [like an unhealthy amount]

We had our clinic picnic today! I made shish kabobs; there was pasta chicken, salmon...the works. Everything way great! Except that pretty much the moment we got there dark clouds rolled in and the sky opened up. I've never seen so much rain move so quickly!

I still got to snorkel a little bit too, when the rain let up. I saw a puffer fish and a blue starfish...that's it. There wasn't much reef where we were. I also didn't stay in the water long because a couple people have drowned at that beach [drunk and swimming at night during a typhoon] but still! The thought of someones dead body floating out to see in the same place I was swimming really freaked me out.

I came home at 130 and slept until 5. I'm still ridiculously exhausted. I don't know what's wrong with me!

Hi everybody,

I haven't been online yesterday, because I needed to take a break and regroup.
Things have been quite frustrating here.

Dusty - I am SO glad you wrote. Because after DTD every other day for the last week (just in case, I could not pinpoint OV this month), my DH went on strike. First he flat our refused, then I cried (because theoretical there could still be a chance), then he gave in, but his body did not cooperate. After an hour of exercise, we gave up. I was so disappointed, but also feeling bad for him.

So I decided that if I am not pregnant this week, I will apply for the university job that I have a good chance of getting, even though it will be full-time and 1hs drive away. I am not even in the same country with my DH for the next two OVs, so I might as well start working - the university year will be over by the time I could theoretically give birth.

I will also go to the Dr when AF comes and talk about options. Surely there must be something the NHS can do for me, even though it is secondary infertility with the same partner. I know that they won't pay for IVF but I just want some Clomid to begin with...

So that's that.

PS: Hena - your signs sound great. I always had extra CM when I fell pregnant (which is used to form the mucus plug to seal the cervix).

Sorry to hear that Chrissi! It's really frustrating when my DH doesn't cooperate so I can't imagine what you're going through.

Have you tried spicing it up a bit? I know my DH and I had a really rough time during my May cycle because the only time I was asking him to BD was when I was ovulating...not during the TWW and not leading up to Oing.

He was really frustrated and then we talked about it and I realized that it's just as stressful for our men to perform on command for us. I also realized that he was bored with our boring missionary routine 3x a month....so I tried new stuff for him [no butt sex....I'm scared of it] but I definitely got out of my comfort zone. In return our last cycle was amazing...we didn't get pregnant but we had a ton of quality sex.

They say that the better the sex, the better the chance of conception. Gourmet sex, I call it :D

So to wrap it up, sorry you're frustrated....

Chrissi and dusty-:hugs: it will be okay. Our men usually dont work well under pressure. I think by me not knowing when i OV etc helps ease the tension and stress for the both of us. And spicing it up really does help.

Stuckinoki-my my my how mother nature really lets her presence be known. It was storming over here yesterday also. And i totally agree, i wouldve freaked out thinking about swimming in the area where peoe died its just an eerie creepy feeling. also if i dont know then it is less stress on the both of us when it comes to dtd. Its just like we are not even thinking about it and just having fun which is much better.

AFM, Well good morning. DH and i havent been dtd much but i dont mind seeing that he is super tired when he comes home and i just want to cuddle. Next month, i start school so i will have something to keep me occupied. I am taking 4 classes. 2 online and 2 on campus. So until the kids starting rolling around, my mind will be more on finishing school and getting my degree. My friend had her baby via c-section so congrats to her. Other than that no updates. I have been more on lazy mode and also its been storming over here alot.

mzswizz - I'm really impressed how you manage to relax regarding TTC, wish I could do the same.:flower:

stockinoki - Gourmet sex... sounds funny but then again true.

RJ - so sorry to hear about your dad, but hope you enjoyed the visit.

Madrid - how are things today?

Chrissi - I really thought I was the only one who's married to someone who doesn't get all horny about "making a baby". Still, very sorry you too, had such a bad night when trying to DTD.

AFM...

today would be the last day where DTD might end up in a pregnancy. Hubby doesn't know, I do. And I find it really hard to secretely hope for us to :sex: while my DH still thinks we will just cuddle and watch a movie. I try to tell myself, that there will be another chance next cycle, so I don't get all nervous again.

Spicing things up a little sounds like a good thing - it's just that yesterday, I did anything I could imagine to get DH into the "mood" - I have to admit, however, that I'm not the kind of person who loves to get dressed all sexy does a striptease and that kind of stuff to get her DH hot. Anyway, the more we tried, the less "things" worked. I'm afraid that the fear of failing is still there with hubby, today.

So right now, I really don't know how this night will end. We might get to DTD, try and fail again, or just cuddle.:shrug:

Hi Everyone! Thank you for all the reasuring words, I was afraid I was out this month....guess I should hold out hope a little longer after all. My temp was back up a bit today, not as high as before but still.....

Dusty- I hope you get to dtd tonight! My sil told me they were only able to conceive #2 becuase her parents were willing to take #1 overnight on a regular basis :haha: her exact words were "that's why God gave us grandparents" Fingers crossed for you and your DH. Stress is the worst for ttc. Good luck!

Chrissi- the jobs sounds very interesting, might you apply even if you are pregnant? Are you a teacher/professor?

RJ-So glad your Dad's op went well. I hope his recovery goes well too, a few days with a doting daughter should help! How's the party planning going?

Madrid- It's great to hear that everything is going so well! Only two weeks until your first appt, how exciting! Mega congrats on the exam results too, what an accomplishment!

Stuckinoki- It sounds like you're feeling better now. Hope the doctor can shed some more light on everything that's going on. You're absolutely right, you can be as obsessive as you want/need and nobody here will judge you for it! Whatever it takes to get your forever baby!!!

mzwsizz-have you actually done a pregnancy test in the past month? I know you had a period and you said it was real bleeding, but I keep thinking of my friend who had periods as heavy as her normal ones for the first 5 months. I'm not trying to get your hopes up, I'm sure it's very unlikey but if you have an ic hanging around it might be worth checking?

afm..........I'm playing it cool. It's Canada Day and I'm totally not homesick (go me) because I know I'll be seeing everyone in just a couple of weeks :happydance: DH had a job interview in Bern today that went very well so fingers crossed. It would mean I could finally quit teaching English and go back to my first love, archaeology:thumbup: It would also be better for our family life when we have a LO (the reason he applied in the first place) because we'd both have regular working hours and more money. Here's hoping!

Dusty-Hopefully you will be able to DTD without any stress. When it came to dressing all sexy and doing little strip teases, I was sooooo shy. But after awhile, I loosened up and just thought about being in a happy place and dancing like I was home by myself. Its sexy but funny but its me so he likes it.

Hena-I havent taken a HPT even though, I was tempted too. Im just pretty much playing the waiting game. IF af decides to go back to 35 days (which hasnt been the case these past few months) then my next af is due july 23rd but looking at how its been, it can come as soon as 23 days.

Ahh... the job question - that's an interesting topic!

I'd love to hear about everybody else! Hena - archaeology - how cool! How far is it Bern for you?

I have a PhD in Comparative Literature, but when the kids were little I taught mainly business German to companies in the evening (so DH could watch the kids). But I always wanted to go back at teach literature at the university. When we move to England I was lucky enough to teach German Conversation, which led to a semester of Intro to German literature at Newcastle University - I had sent blind resumees to see if anybody needed help and they had somebody out on sabbatical...
For next year they have an opening to cover 10 months of maternity leave (the irony!!!!), which would be a full position. Unfortunately it is also a 1h drive ONE way, so I am trying to decide whether I would want to be away for so much - and I would definitely need child care / Au Pair...

So what do you other ladies do?

I am majoring in Nursing so i can become a Registered Nurse (R.N.) and I want to work in a private office with ob/gyns.

Your background is so interesting Chrissi! I can see why you'd hesitate to take something that requires 2hours round trip...I'm sure it would feel great to be back in the university setting though.
I'm hoping to finally do my PhD if DH gets this job in Bern. It's far enough from Zurich that we'd have to move, but better now than after we have kids in school, eh?

mzswizz, does this mean I have to wait unitl the 23rd to know if you might me pregnant? I'll go crazy! :winkwink: it's so funny how excited I get for all of you, even never having met you!

Hey ladies - happy Friday!

chrissi - think you're doing the right thing applying for the job... but hoping for your bfp first! think a trip to the doc to chat about your options is defo worthwhile. your career sounds v interesting!

dusty sheep - so sorry you're feeling the stress -as the other ladies mentioned i reckon it happens to lots of us... (totally understand the pressure of 'knowing' when dh doesnt!) hoping that everything falls into place tonight and you have a relaxing eve & toddler sleeps like a babe

stuckinoki - your picnic sounds fab - do you work with local people or is it an army base (sorry i might have got that totally wrong and not army at all!) it sounds idyllic where you live! wonder what the tiredness is all about - maybe bit low after that mega af....

mzswiss - you're classes sound great - good for you. congrats to your friend, hoepfully you will have a playmate for her soon

madrid - how is everything - glad to hear you enjoying all your wee preg symptoms - has it sunk in for hubbie yet? i usually find it takes them the longest!

hena - happy canada day!!! to be honest i didn't know there was such a day - what a great idea. i've also heard increased cm is a great sign - you're still in the game!! fingers crossed for your oh. arg am so jealous - i've never studied it but i love archaeology!

good call chrissi - am also interested (or just nosy!) :^o about what everyone else does... i currently work in IT Outsourcing as an operations manager. Our clients are interesting although it sounds dull! the new job i've applied for is for a different role, for our regional police force support staff (crime analyst). the successful candidate studies for relevant diploma etc so am v keen. apart from this i am also studying towards ba hons in history with open uni

my dad got on good and i took him home at lunch time - no dramas - phew. yes hairy cell is extremely rare - it took a long time for them to figure out why he was so unwell. he's been in remission for 10yrs thanks goodness

well as dad is home safe, it's friday after a long wk and as i have friends in town I am visiting them shortly with plans to have some :wine: i'm cd8 - wont go over the top but will take the chance while i can!

:flower:
x

Hena-I dont think you will have to wait that long. I will probably do a test at the end of each week starting next week :haha:. So atleast I would know whats going on and if I should expect AF or not this month. Im excited for everyone else just like you. I guess its a BNB thing that once you start chatting away with women who are very supportive and helpful then you have no choice but to be friends :haha:

RJ-Im hoping he will be able to have a playmate soon also. My friend had her baby and my sister is around 5 months pregnant so whenever we do have children, hoping they will be close to either or.

AFM, after DH and I pay the bills, we will see if we are going to be able to go on yet another trip this weekend :happydance:. Hopefully we can go because I love just being free from all the stress and just having fun.

OMG. I just need to vent for a minute.

I'm part of another forum, and I've been there a long time. We have a stickied thread with the link to all of our FF charts and where we are in our cycles. Etc. I saw that there wasn't one done yet for July so I took the initiative to make one on my own...it looks extra pretty.

A bunch of people commented and loved the new layout etc...and then some girl got all butt hurt because she did the last few threads...and this whole passive aggressive thing started.

I'm so over the f-ing drama on that forum. Everybody is mean and rude to one another and about every three months there is some huge melt down of people complaining about Admin and Admin banning people.

Now there's nobody left on that forum to begin with [90% of members left after the last drama] Ugh! I'm just so frustrated, and I think I'm ready to cut the cord and delete my account over there. Which makes me sad because I've been there for freaking ever and there are a few people that I've made friends with and I don't want to just disappear but I don't think I'm going to stay.

/end rant/

:hugs:stuckinoki I will never understand how people regress to highschool drama when they're adults...and on the internet to boot! Why don't you just keep up with your friends and ignore the others? Just don't let youself reply when you know someone is being argumentative?

Well ladies, I'm feeling very down today. Woke up feeling like AF was here, it wasn't, but I can feel it coming. My temp was down again too :cry: I don't know how we can do better than we did this month with timing bd, etc. I'm so depressed....going to eat chocolate and watch idiot TV. Hope you all have a better Saturday than me!

Sorry to hear that Hena :/ I mean, technically you're not out until the witch shows, but I know what you mean. I wake up knowing that AF is here. Unfortunately, a woman's intuition is usually pretty damning.

DH and I have just been hanging out watching movies and eating things I deep fried. It's been a very very lazy saturday.

I wonder if it has something to do with the weather, it has been crazy overcast today and I have 0% energy. It took literally all I had to get dressed and go to the post office this morning to mail my packages.

Oh Hena - I hope it's not what you think! You did everything right, hopefully you will be rewarded for it!
It's not over until the fat witch sings erm comes!

Stuckinoki - some people seem to be even more immature in the anonymity of the internet! Sorry you were at the receiving end of this after you put some effort in! You never know, this upset woman might have just had AF arrive and took it out on you!
BTW - do I remember right and you are on Japan? What brought you there?

Hope everybody is having a good weekend. We are planning a traditional 4th of July BBQ (one day early) tomorrow for all our British friends. No fireworks though.

Chrissi, we aren't having fireworks here either, so DH and I are just going to make some cheeseburgers and corn on the cob in honor of the fourth of july.

We are here in Japan on military orders for 18months [fingers crossed] I can't wait to get back to the states, although DH really wants to get stationed in Italy next [I'm really really homesick for the states] With any luck we'll be back in North Carolina before 2012.

I'm sure it would be very interesting to live in a country so culturally different as Japan! But what I nightmare with the tsunami and the nuclear melt-down threat! Where you affected?

After 12 years US, I was happy to move closer to home (England being relatively close to Germany in comparison). Right now we are waiting to hear whether we will stay another 2 years, after that it might be China (or back to the US).

I always dreamed to have a baby in each continent, though I doubt Australia and Antarctica are in our cards! :rofl:

We weren't affected by the tsunami or meltdown at all. It was scary though standing on our balcony waiting for the wave to come and destroy the beach. It wasn't big enough to talk about, probably like 6feet by the time it reached us.

It has driven up produce prices though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->