is 20k a year

A

AutumnRose

good money to live on? Im just trying to work out if i will be earning enough when i start work and when baby is born.

yes. if your not happy with that i'll swap you my 9k a year lol :p

I think the average wage in the UK is about 16K a year, despite what various articles say.

Personally anything 20K plus is a good wage imo

Not sure really. What are you earning now, outgoings etc. Bits and bobs for baby, nappies, grub etc and childcare if needed. :dohh:Sorry not much help

with great difficulty to be honest but we get by (until school decide they want money off us for some stupid thing or another etc) oh lost his job last october (when i found out i was pregnant) and theres not much work in the area, we are struggling at the mo which is causing rows etc and having to cut back on a hell of a lot be different when baby gets here tho :|

Is it just one income you will be living on? 20k is good if thats just 1 wage of 2 but tbh its not that much if its solely what you'll be living on. its doable though.

Dont mean to be rude as I dont normally step into this section but fricking hell how can you think 20k whether for one or for 2 people is only doable!!

If hubby I were were on 20k we would be more then doing ok!!

we get by on 8k a yr and this will only go up to about 9k when babies here!!!

Well it depends, if your on 20K a year you earn too much to qualifiy for any real help, discounted council tax, rent etc so chances are you'll either have a mortgage or be renting privately etc etc. When you have to do everything full whack 20K doesnt go very far

We manage on 15k with 3 kids i would say 20 is plenty x

20k doesnt go very far. especially if you live in london. we will only be comfortable when I go back to work and we have £50k a year. its ridiculous. if we lived anywhere else we would be laughing.

20k doesnt go very far. especially if you live in london. we will only be comfortable when I go back to work and we have £50k a year. its ridiculous. if we lived anywhere else we would be laughing.

Same here, even 50K a year doesnt go very far around these parts :hissy::hissy:

Piss take!!

I feel like running away somewhere and living on a desert island in a hut and eating coconuts and mangoes

Trouble is wherever you move to in the country the wages fall in line with house prices etc etc so if you lived in say London and had an income of say 50K a year, if you moved to ummmm Leeds, then for the same job you'd prob only get 30K a year, but everything would be cheaper :hissy:

I think unless your on 100k a year its never enough :rofl:

We couldn't manage if our only household income was just £20k. This would mean that we would be bringing home approx £1300 per month. Our living expenses alone are £800, this doesn't include the cost of running two cars, insurance, fuel, food shopping etc etc.
I think it would be do-able for some people but we would definatley struggle.

I do however think that £20k is a good salary to earn for one person.

Trouble is wherever you move to in the country the wages fall in line with house prices etc etc so if you lived in say London and had an income of say 50K a year, if you moved to ummmm Leeds, then for the same job you'd prob only get 30K a year, but everything would be cheaper :hissy:

I think unless your on 100k a year its never enough :rofl:

My wages would drop by 7k if I did the job anywhere else and my OH wouldnt get as much work if any.

Well it depends, if your on 20K a year you earn too much to qualifiy for any real help, discounted council tax, rent etc so chances are you'll either have a mortgage or be renting privately etc etc. When you have to do everything full whack 20K doesnt go very far

we get some help an thats included in the 8k!
on 8k a yr we pay full rent, full CT etc !!

he is on a low income coz of being in cornwall, but livin expenses in cornwall are horrendus as its a tourist area!!!
he works as much as he can but there is no work here! Summer season next year when babas 6 mnths ill be lookin for summer work but till then we cope!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->