Is anyone else pregnant for the first time after IVF?

Hi ladies,

Hope you're having a good day. So far so good for me. I am anxiously waiting for the Nuchal results sometime later this week. I am a little nervous but we also did the gender blood test so we should know the sex too, which is exiciting.

ttcbaby - thanks for the info on the doppler and definitely my OH is a keeper :) He is still floating on cloud nine with being able to share it with all the family. His mom is coming to visit tomorrow and is going to cook up a storm for me. All the spicy and sour foods I want since that's what i've been wanting lately.

Tory - congrats on the heartbeats. I loved hearing the baby's heartbeat. Its so reassuring.

I finally went and got some maternity pants. OMG they are so comfortable. Don't feel so confined anymore. Now to figure out what bra size I need to move to :)

Hope all of you are having a good day.

davecr - i just know your NT results will be outstanding...

AFM - got released from the RE today! i am scheduled for the genetic counseling appt next week. we will have to decide what types of screening to do...such a scary thing really...it never seems to ease up....i guess after the all clear with this is when we can be relaxed preggo moms--at least for a little while?! please tell me yes! i am still a nervous wreck...

oh yeah davecr - i am ready for a new bra too...don't quite know how to go about these things...

Take care all!!!!

Baby dust!!

Davecr033 - thats exactly what I did yesterday, I spent $400 on maternity clothes, mostly pants and yes they are so comfortable. I bought 2 pairs of maternity yoga pants that I'm going to love wearing. I was looking for bra's to wear, and I read that I should buy sports bra's. I did that but they don't seem to give enough support. I think I need to try on a few to see what fits well. I also want some padding in the front to hide the headlights a little bit.

Dmama - the genetic counseller that OH and I went to see was really good. She explained all of the options and statistics, she talked about everything and was really helpful. I am so glad that we went.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey everyone
Well I had my 9 week scan on Thursday and was told baby is gone... no heartbeat. have to go into hospital for a D&C on Monday. This is no. 3 loss. We have one more frostie, but that's all. And I got very very very sick from the anaesthetic during the last egg pick up so I don't know if I can go through it again... not to mention I am not getting any younger. I am so scared of getting put to sleep on Monday, I was so sick last time. Also my sister in law is due three days before I was - that is going to be torture.
Anyway just wanted to tell you all that I won't be here any more. I wish all of you wonderful pregnancies, beautiful healthy babies and a long happy life.
Thank you for being so welcoming even though I was only here for a short time
xxx

violette - my heart goes out to you...i am so sorry for your loss...i pray they can give you some answers if they conduct any testing after the procedure...perhaps that frostie is just waiting for the right time...i pray you don't have a bad reaction with the anesthesia...they know what you were given before, so they should alter the medicines...so sorry...please stay strong and don't give up....one day you will be a mom for sure! :hugs:

So sorry to hear about your sad loss violette like dmama said hope you get some answers. Thinking of you for Monday x

violette, I'm so so so sorry. My heart aches for you. Please trust the Dr's will do what is best for you. I'm thinking about you! :hugs:

I have a random question: when did everybody STOP progesterone?

So sorry to hear your sad news Violette! Sending you big hugs and praying you get some answers soon.

babybean - I stopped progrestrone shots at week 10 and the suppositories a week later.

AFM - my mother-in-law came to visit and cooked up a storm for me and the baby. She really wanted to feed me some good ol' mom made food and I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. It was a really hot weekend too (108 and 109 all weekend) so it was nice to just hang out at home with her and hubby.

Hope all of you are having a good day.

I'm so sorry for your loss Violette and I hope to see you back here soon. WIth regards to your SIL, hold your head up high, it will come to you too, just don't give up hope.

All my best to you.

Caseys - Thinking about you and your amnio tomorrow. Wanted to wish you good luck.

Caseys - Thinking about you and your amnio tomorrow. Wanted to wish you good luck.

Thanks! I'm nervous but hoping for good news, then I can start truly enjoying my pregnancy again.

It went well, they looked for 10 markers on the ultrasound and everything looked normal. Baby measured as exactly the same age as it should based off the due date - 16 weeks, 3 days. He was also very hyper and was all over the place, which kinda matches me, I was very energetic from all the nerves. His heartbeat was 152 both before and after the amnio, which was right in the middle of what it should be, good as well.

I get the final results on Friday, the amnio results are the definitive one. Based off the ultrasound measurements though, my risk went from 1 in 5 of Downs to 1 in 10 of Downs. I should feel better based off the results but I am just tired, ugh. I know I can't relax until I get the true results.

So sorry Violetta - can't imagine how you must be feeling. Sending you :hugs:

Really glad to hear it went well Caseys and got everything crossed for you. Sounds really promising though.

I'm due to reduce my progesterone by half at 10 weeks (2 more nights of that), then finally stop at 12 weeks. I can't wait. Only 16 more nights to go.:happydance:

I reduce my progesterone at 11 weeks to 1 a day then completely stop at 12 weeks.

Caseys - so glad everything went well with the testing and hopefully the final results also match. Keeping fingers for you.

I am stilllllll waiting on my nuchal results. Hopefully within next day or two. I do have doc appt this friday for regular checkup so I better have the results by then.

Glad Ok so far Casey. :) Let us know how you get on with your results Davecr033.

Had early scan today.... TWINS on board .... hee hee. Bless those embies both staying put. :)

Humm... I stopped progesterone at 8 wks and with a history of m/c I was getting pretty anxious. It seems like the norm is to stop 10-12 weeks.

I just had a my 8w3d scan today and my right ovary is still much larger than my uterus. Seriously I feel like I'm bloated from the pg and I'm carrying around an ovary the size of a grapefruit - no wonder my pants are already too tight.

Caseys - best of luck!

I just made my appt today for the nuchal translucency screening. Is that what everyone's talking about??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->