Is anyone else pregnant for the first time after IVF?

I discovered this weekend that the nesting stage has kicked in, but unfortunately before the 'energy burst' stage has. Result; I'm sitting looking at our grubby house (no energy for housework for last 3 months), full of clutter we need to get rid of to make room for babies, and wanting to re-decorate, but when I leap up and get into action with the vacuum cleaner, 2 rooms later and I have to have a lie down :dohh:

x

I feel EXACTLY the same way...Can't get near enough done, but I have been looking around at what needs to go!

Welcome Whitbit22!

Whitbit22 - where did you get that lovely little monkey ticker?

babybean - good luck spreading the word....we are waiting till I past the 12 week mark to spread the news and even then just might start with family and then others when I start showing more....only one very good friend has known from the beginning, but not about the fertility treatment...that information may only get to family.

so...I have read that the second trimester starts after week 12 and I have also read it starts after week 13...what have you all been told?

dmama- I have read it starts at 12 weeks in the US, but 13 weeks if in the UK.
I got my sig custom made here: https://www.simply-siggies.com/login?redirect=/f8-forum

Misslemon I think that is a good idea about just saying 'had some fertility treatment'. No details are really needed anyway eh?

Hope you are all well! babybean hope the telling went well :)

As for me I have been sick with an upper respiratory infection :( on Z-pack, and calling for a mold inspector tomorrow as the property we rent is full of mold, I can smell it and don't want to bring a baby into this house. I may stay with my aunt for a few days as it's just not good to be in any kind of mold!

We just told my parents and DH's parents, which went well. My parents know about the IVF and everything, but DH's parents don't. They didn't catch on to the picture of the blastocyst :haha:

We're holding of on telling any brothers/sisters or other family until 12 weeks. We'll probably tell friends 14 wks or later. I'm just paranoid. And to everybody else I'm sure we'll just say, 'we had fertility treatments' and leave it at that as well.

Also, anybody getting the sensation they wet their pants and it's like you've dribbled in your panties? :haha: TMI? I seriously will move sometimes and just a little pee (or I hope it's pee) will come out. Anybody else?? I've heard that there will be bladder issues in the 3rd trimester, but I'm a little worried if I'm only one with a few dribbles in the 9th week. Help me out here...

Also, anybody getting the sensation they wet their pants and it's like you've dribbled in your panties? :haha: TMI? I seriously will move sometimes and just a little pee (or I hope it's pee) will come out. Anybody else?? I've heard that there will be bladder issues in the 3rd trimester, but I'm a little worried if I'm only one with a few dribbles in the 9th week. Help me out here...

Oh man you just made me laugh so hard I snorted!! My coworkers already know I am crazy so they just ignored me at least...

Yes that happens to me a lot so I wasn't laughing at you, I hope you know that. I know that the fluid increases once you get preggers, and it's not pee (not going to tell you how I figured that out). I think it's just mucous, read that somewhere when I was paranoid I was bleeding or something else bad that was going on.

so...I have read that the second trimester starts after week 12 and I have also read it starts after week 13...what have you all been told?

Here's a thread in here about trimesters.
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...gnancy-trimesters-vary-depending-country.html

Oh Oh! Might need to stock up on some Depends!!!

J/K - As far as I understand there are a lot of fluids that leak out when pregnant. My sister said that when she was pg with her 2nd, she would just be standing there and she would pee a little uncontrollablly. I laughed, but its only hilarious until it happens to you. I have also heard that kegel excercises will help as well. Not to mention that kegels will help you with the birth as well.

We just told my parents and DH's parents, which went well. My parents know about the IVF and everything, but DH's parents don't. They didn't catch on to the picture of the blastocyst :haha:

That's funny.....how do they imagine you got a picture of a blastocyst? Hee hee

Well I'm with you ladies as I'm getting fed up with what I call 'the progesterone dribbles'!! I use the vaginal suppository last thing at night so it's got plenty of time to be absorbed, but there's always a little bit left over that makes a re-appearance sometime during the morning. Usually when I'm in a meeting! And since I had the bleeding episode, I'm really paranoid that I'm bleeding again so have to go check it out.

BUT, only 7 more to go! I've got them lined up so I can see the numbers decreasing. They should have a progress ticker thing for "90 days on progesterone, only 7 more to go" that I could have on my signature.

Other than that I'm doing my pelvic floor exercises every day (usually when I'm lying in bed wide awake at 3am) coz I'm really paranoid about stress incontinence in later pregnancy and afterwards. Sounds like we'll have enough on our plates without worrying every time we sneeze or laugh!

Miss lemon, I still get the little 'white balls' from the progesterone occasionally when I wipe or when I pee and I stopped my progesterone at 8 wks! I'm currently 9w4d. I can't help but to think how far up there or how super-uber that progesterone gets absorbed!! Anytime I would worry (or get grossed out, to say the least) I would find relief in that the progesterone is doing it's thing: making mr. or ms. bean STICK! You're on the home stretch now though! Just didn't want you to be alarmed if you're STILL getting the lovely progesterone left-overs in your panties in days to come.

dmama, I know! DH & I were laughing. I think his parents are a little clueless :shrug: My mom is crazy detail oriented, when she saw that picture I wish you all could hear the way she said, "What's THAT!?" like it was cat barf or poop. She knew instantly something was up.

ttcbaby4us, yep depends or pantyliners! I feel like a hot mess. I'm doing my kegel exercises everyday, for SURE.

Caseys, haha thanks for putting my mind and excess fluid at ease.

Final test results from the amnio just came in, NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

I am so relieved, I just did a little :happydance: at my desk while :cry: at the same time, phew!!!!!!!!!

And Caseys - great news about the babe! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's accident. I got a phone call this weekend, in the wee hours of the night from my parents, only to discover my cousin was killed in a motorcycle accident. I wasn't super close to him, but still so very sad for his wife and family. It just reminds me of how short life is and how we should enjoy everyday - with those around us... as much as possible. :hugs:

I was so sorry to hear about your cousin being killed in a motorcycle accident. My cousin rides his all the time, and I worry!

Final test results from the amnio just came in, NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

I am so relieved, I just did a little :happydance: at my desk while :cry: at the same time, phew!!!!!!!!!

Caseys - Congrats on the great news!!!!!:happydance:

And Caseys - great news about the babe! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's accident. I got a phone call this weekend, in the wee hours of the night from my parents, only to discover my cousin was killed in a motorcycle accident. I wasn't super close to him, but still so very sad for his wife and family. It just reminds me of how short life is and how we should enjoy everyday - with those around us... as much as possible. :hugs:

I was so sorry to hear about your cousin being killed in a motorcycle accident. My cousin rides his all the time, and I worry!

babybean - I am not sure if I caught this news....sorry about your cousin. I am so sorry that both you and Caseys have dealt with such horrific events. Life is certainly a precious thing!
:hugs:

Hello Ladies,

Boy I've missed alot while I was out of town. I had to go back a few pages to catch up on all the posts :)

Whitman - welcome to the thread. We all totally understand how you're feeling.

Caseys - congrats on the amino test results. That is such wonderful news and I am sure you are so relieved. Time to relax a little bit and enjoy the pregnancy. Definitely would be too cute if our kids dated in the future :)

Miss lemon - I was on the suppositories for only 2 weeks but definitely had the nice white balls everyday. Supposedly is one of the side effects. Went to visit regular OB in the middle of one of those weeks and she immediately knew what I was on just from seeing them. completely normal they say though still yucky.

ttcbaby - I totally feel you. I sneezed the other day and pee-ed a little. I was like what the heck. I also have some extra white mucusy fluid every once in a while. The book I am reading on pregnancy week by week said that's normal. Bring on the kegels :)

babybean - so sorry to hear about your cousin. It is always sad to lose a family member.

Hello to everyone else.

AFM - I was gone for a conference to Arizona and hung out in 110 degree weather. Conference was great and I spent most of the daytime indoors for sure. Trip went great until the flight home. I ate lunch and fell asleep. The flight lands and the gate isn't avaliable so we did some taxing and slow moving. That's when the stomach gets upset. I was so embrassed. Quickly found the throw-up bag and proceeded to lose my lunch and breakfast for the first time since getting pg. I missed the bag a little and so made mess on the seat so had to tell the flight attendants too. Everyone was ready to deplane and was standing up so they all got to watch me do it too. What fun we get to have :)

Hope all of you are having a great day.

davecr - so sorry about the mishap on the plane....yes...what joys!

I have been off the progesterone inserts for about a week now, but I still have scant yellowish discharge. Not nearly as much as when I was using the progesterone. Is that the discharge some of you are experiencing. I am seeing the doc soon, so I will ask, but I was just wondering.

Not much new at the moment...just trying to get used to what my body is trying to do. In the morning, my belly is not nearly as big as it is by evening. I also already have that dark line running from my navel too? I am not sure if I am just eating too much or what?! But I am happy all the same. Waiting to get past another week or two before any shopping sprees...Plus, I will be passing by some outlets next month, so gonna hope to get some good items then!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Had my 12 week scan today. The little baby was moving all around non-stop but what a good thing to see!

Hope everyone is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->