Is anyone else REALLY struggling with their hormones/mood swings?

lolly1709

Reaction score
I am 35weeks pregnant and have just started my maternity leave :happydance:

I am really, really struggling with my hormones and mood swings. Yesterday i completely flipped out (this has been happening most weekends lately perhaps because of working all week and crash and burning at the weekend) and i was ranting and raving as soon as i got up. I said some REALLY, REALLY terrible things to my partner and i feel so guilty. My son went off to his dads so i didnt get chance to be 'normal' and apologise before he left either.

I am just so confused and feel so guilty. I dont feel i have fully bonded with my bump (as i have been working full time, keeping things 'as they were' etc), :cry: i am worried about how my son is coping with the thoughts of being a big brother after being an only child for so long (13yrs) and im really worrying about how i am going to feel when my baby is born. Will i bond with him, will i love him the same as my other son? (I feel so sad and guilty for writing that) :cry:

I know the above probably sounds really bad and i am embarrassed to write it here but i want to know that this will pass and im not the only person feeling so low?

Damn hormones....i HATE them! :growlmad:

ok hun you need some help your not super woman ( a common expectation that woman set themselves up for)! have you contacted your midwife and /or doctor they can talk you through your feelings, you are bound to be aprehensive about the pending birth/arrival of new born thats totally natural and normal, the good thing is you are now on maternity so take this time to MAKE time for yourself i suspect you have been so busy in day to day running a house work and family that you dont know wether you are coming or going, are you in a postion to have a family day where you can sit down and talk to hubby and son, im sure your other child will embrace your new born i know teenagers have a lot of changes going on their own body /mind etc but if you can have a calm day and talk to them both im sure you will feel alot better, iys not down to you to hold everythng together, delegate that way everybody feels involved and some pressure is taken off of you, im horrid to my partner as well , daily in fact! but as long as they know that you still love them and its just hormones they should be able to bite their tongue even if we cant! hope things get easier for you:hugs:

What you have said sounds familiar to me. I feel like I'm a cow to people sometimes since I've been pregnant and it's like my mouth just runs away with its self occasionally and says things I know I dont mean but cant help it and regret it later. Then I want to cry because I feel guilty, my OH thinks I'm really moody lately and tells me that I've been telling our son off too much, which I don't mean to but everything is just so irritating sometimes and he has gone so naughty playing up etc.. for the last few weeks. xxx

I am a moody hormonal monster!!!!! I keep flipping out too!! Apparently it's a sign of baby boy?!!!
Hopefully we'll be back to normal after!
You will bond just fine with the baby and you can involve your son too xxxx

Thank you everyone. Been fine for 2days...lol. hopefully things will settle down now im off work? x

OMG!!! I am sooooo fierce at the moment its unreal!!

Our neighbours are driving us potty and to be honest I have visions of myself going round smashing all their windows in and telling them what inconsiderate t*wats they are!!!

Complete over reaction I know....but it is the hormones. I just keep trying to focus on my 'happy place' when I can!! Stop me getting so up tight!!

x x

I'm a raging pregnant lady, too. I'd love to strangle co-workers and my neighbor almost daily. I'm sure my husband can't wait to get the old me back. Assuming I'll come around after baby is here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->