Is he too skinny (contains a naked but not too exposed pic of toddler!)

There is nothing wrong with him at all and don't let ppl tell you any different.

Lyla is the same hun, I sometimes think she is too skinny, but then my DH points out her pot belly when she runs around naked after tea :haha:

Cant see the picture but Josh is all arms and legs and nothing much else!
The child eats like a horse though so no idea how, but he is very active!

Ignore your HV, I was told to maybe keep a track of what J was eating - so basically she could have a look. No chance!

I couldnt see the pic & didnt read all the comments - but wanted to say that Megan is a very skinny child. She isnt one of those cute chubby babies. She seems long & lanky & looks like she doesnt eat enough in my opinion. At 12 months she was 90%ile for height & 50%ile for weight. She went down a size in diapers around 12 months too as she got longer and has no waist or tummy at all anymore.

Think its just how some kids are built. I cant really make Megan eat more than she does - she does eat quite a bit already!

Added: I can see the pic now! Megan is built very much like your child - but her legs are even slimmer - she has lanky legs & a long torso. But she looks a lot like your child when she is naked!

I personally think he has a perfect build he looks healthy and id say his weight is about right aswell. A friend of mines baby is really chubby and it makes me feel sorry for them when there really chubby.

Looks just like my little monkey! I wouldn't worry.

He looks fine and healthy. I wouldn't worry :)

Oviously Amelie is quite a bit older but for comparison..

https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/IMG_0287.jpghttps://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/IMG_0290.jpg

shes really boney too but like theakston, healthy :) theyre just smaller less robust babies!

he looks absoloutly fine! imogen is 1 and she has a similar frame, she's 17lb 11 and has only just gone into 9-12 clothing. shes on 25th centile but has fluctuated from 50 to 9 then now 25 but HV's are happy with her. all babies are different, everyone i know has quite big babies and i worry some times looking at them compared to her but she eats loads, and is happy, never ill and progressing well with walking etc, shes just petite as is you LO. xxx

Thankyou all for taking the time to reply, you've definitely put my mind at rest :)

Looks like my wee alex! She has no chubbiness, never has, but shes all in proportion for weight and height!

Aww, he's so cute! His weight looks perfectly normal to me -- that's what my son looks like in the mornings, he only gets a pot belly after eating. He's just tall and thin for his age, nothing wrong with that.

Oh, and BTW, your son has such a cute little tushie! I looooove baby bottoms!

Hi there
I cant see any thing wrong with him. The reasons why you can see his ribs is because he is leaning into the wall. He probably was talking to, right? My 16 month old is 25 pounds and looks identical. :) He is fine to me. he is NOT SKINNY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->