Is hypnotherapy safe in pregnancy?

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
My friend has been doing this hypnotherapy CD, it is a diet one and she said it is seriously working for her and this got me thinking, I should do a self esteem/confidence one, I found an mp3 download that I could use, but wasn't sure if something like this was recommended in pregnancy.

What do you think?

Yes hypnotherapy is fine and will do absolutely no harm to your baby. In fact, the relaxation would be beneficial.

It should be fine, there are courses for hypnobirthing to help people manage their pain and anxiety through labour.

Success with Hypnotherapy depends on how susceptible you are to it, make sure you get one from a reputable company as well as they will be more effective.

I was going to say exactly the same. Perfectly safe, the relaxation will do you good. I'm going to try the hypnobirthing preparation cds when I get into the last trimester. Even if you have to have a non-natural birth with interventions, the relaxation in advance of it is no bad thing.

I have used a variety of these downloads in the past, there are some good ones out there on the i-tunes store and elsewhere on the net. I have used Progressive Muscular Relaxation based ones to help with anxiety, and some confidence boosting ones. And some to help with insomnia. I can really recommend giving it a go.

Thanks everyone,

I gave it a try and I feel super relaxed (have just come round! lol), my anxiety symptoms have gone and I feel better in myself. I am going to do it each morning to prepare me for the day ahead. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner! I have always had confidence issues and after recent events, it is something I had to deal with. Super happy right now, if a little sleepy! :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->