Is it racist?

Cat

Reaction score
Well no one has mentined this here yet, I know most of us are not watching it, but you would have to be living in a cave to not see all the news reports on the subject of CBB.
Whats your view?
Personally I feel it is racist, due to ignorance and that is no excuse. Today I submitted a complaint to ofcom as I feel the program is harming this countries image, as by continuing to air the program we are basically condoning this behavior, which doesnt exactly look good on the rest of us. It seems channel 4 is more interested by the increase in ratings the whole dispute is giving them that they dont care who is getting offended in the process, when the offenders should be removed from the show. Even if its not racist its certainly bullying and again by doing nothing about it its like saying this behavior is acceptable!
Channel 4 should be bahaving a lot more responsibly in my opionion.

No no no, I don't think they are being racist. Shilpa was slagging their accent, Jermaine called Jo "white trash" so to me it's an unfair country. U can't be a victim of racial abuse if ur white! :roll:

Sorry its my view, and I respect everyone elses xxxx

I don't think it started with racist intent, just girls ganging up and being bitches which unfortunately is a tale as old as time. :(

But now they've started looking for things to fuel the bullying, it's inevitable Shilpa's culture differences would come up, so yes it IS racist.

I hope Jade's 'people' are working hard at damage limitation, she is in for a public flogging when she comes out tomorrow. AS it stands, I doubt she'll work agaiin in Birmingham for a LOOOOOONG time! :shock: :)

I defintely think it IS racist and i also think the 3 WITCHES are a disgrace and embarrassment to our country...

Are these girls going to become the epitomy of the UK youth (or perhaps they're too old to be classed as youth..which is even more embarrassing)...!!??!!

Why can't BB just put a decent young British man or woman in the house that can string a sentence together?!

I'm also disgusted with the attitude of the older housemantes (Jermain being an exception). No guts and no courage to stick up for a young girl BLATANTLY being bullied in front of them.

(Bet BB is LOVING the publicity!!! They'll make a fortune this week from the votes!!!)

I don't feel that they are being racist except Danielles comment about "she should f*** off home" but that is a pretty ambiguous statement as it could be applied to any housemate that they are fed up of!!

To me it is pretty much playground bullying, which in anycase is unacceptable no body should be ganged up on for any reason, no body as mentioned race as far as i am aware

Jermaines comment about "white trash" is a racial comment to me, as is any insult if you put a colour at front of it

I have been watching it and i have gotto say i can watch some weird stuff but watching this unfold has made pretty uncomfortable veiwing for me

Cat i have also made a complaint to Ofcom

What grates on me the most is if this had been a normal BB all 3 girls would have had warnings by now over their treatment of Shilpa, Also no other housemate has challenged the behaviour of the 3 girls that we know of

But what we have to remember is that this show is very heavily edited so we don't see every comment, diary room etc......

Jade has blown it big time by going back in that house, to me it seems that BB have though " we made you and now we can break you" and she has played right into their hands by being so ignorant and intolerant of others around her, and at the mo it seems she thinks she is the big i am as Jo and Danielle are like her bitches!!!!

Shilpa had a fair point when She told Jade her claim to fame was BB and that seemed to hit a nerve

BB need to stop this now!!!!!!!

And why did they get so wound up when Shilpa did say that BB was her claim to fame...?

It was...!?!

Was funny when BB questioned Dopey Danielle about her "go back home" comment - BB should question housemates about their stupid remarks more often...might make them think before they speak.

Wonder if Teddy will ditch danielle when she gets out? Or maybe he's just as stupid as she is...?!

I hope he does as he should realise how ignorant she really is

Shilpas comment was spot on as far as i am concerened

Jo said:
I don't feel that they are being racist except Danielles comment about "she should f*** off home" but that is a pretty ambiguous statement as it could be applied to any housemate that they are fed up of!!

To be fair, Shilpa is resident in India. I think this is more of a racist comment when levied at a British-born asian. But comments like Jo saying all Indian's are thin because of their cooking or Jade's mum asking her if she lives in a house or hut ( :shock: ) are ignorantly racist. I agree the bullying is appalling.

Bless you Nat, Shilpa is 31 and you called her a 'young girl'! :dance: At 30, that's music to my ears!

Natalie&Karl said:
Wonder if Teddy will ditch danielle when she gets out? Or maybe he's just as stupid as she is...?!

I think she's just naive and has no idea of the media circus really. I did laugh when she slagged off Shilpa's command of the English language.

As someone engaged to a Scouser, it's a charge I often throw at him!

And I'm not sure taking the mick out of each others accents alone is racist. I'm a Brummie so if I got upset everytime someone did that I'd never leave the house! :D

The English bit made me laugh as between Jade an Danielle, they can barley make a coherent SP? sentance

It annoys me that the race card has been drawn as i think they would have picked on anyone they saw as weaker than them

Animal pack mentality :roll:

Am I the only one that finds Shilpa a pain in the arse? :oops:

KX said:

lol, no i think a lot of people do...There's Jade...then there's Jackie... :wink:

KX said:

She is a bit ummmm dunno the word i want :?

I just don't think she deserves the grief she is getting

Jackie? wow is she really a woman? :lol: She scares me, Id hate to be in a house with her! :oops:

We have someone who lives near us that i swear to god is Jackieys sister!!!!

Oh she scares me to death

What i find strange and distubring is that i actually liked and really sympathised with Jade when she was in the house with her mum...

Turns out she's just as bad..which i suppose we all knew.

What depresses me is that British public....we (well not me) made her millions!?!

Own up - who bought her book or dvd?!?! lol.

It's true, we love a thicko in this country but hate anyone getting above their station! :?

Other countries celebrate success and drive with their sporting heros etc. Who do we love? Jade Goody and Eddie the Eagle.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, Paris Hilton step forward! :lol:

Minxy said:
It's true, we love a thicko in this country but hate anyone getting above their station! :?

Other countries celebrate success and drive with their sporting heros etc. Who do we love? Jade Goody and Eddie the Eagle.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, Paris Hilton step forward! :lol:

That must make me a snob, cause I hate stupid people. and people like Jade epitimise why! they make the rest of us look bad, they cant enter a rational debate without swearing and taking cheap shots, and they treat educated people like they are stuck up. Im sorry but its not stuck up to behave with dignity and show intelligence. Its not looking down on people its simply not being vulgar which it seems is about the only way people like Jade are capable of behaving.

I agree! I was slated on another forum for saying I didn't agree with people making a career out of being thick. People are who they are, but I think we should all be trying to better ourselves not thinking ignorance is hilarious and fame worthy

Cat i agree with you on some level
Jade is everything that is wrong with us as a country, yeah ok root for the underdog by all means but Jesus she takes the biscuit
at 25 years old she should be able to get points of veiw across with out repeating her self constantly and effing and blinding

I think it is sad really as Emily seems to have a lot more up top than she does
and just because she has had a bad upbringing with little education does not give her the right to be pig ignorant, everyone should know right from wrong goodness knows what she is going to be teaching her children which BTW she doesn't seem to have mentioned missing at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->