Is it racist?

Personally I don't think it is racial at all, I think it is everyone else twisting what is being said and meant by it......it is called bitching, it is typical of a bunch of girls that get into a group and get irritated by another person outside of their circle.

None of the girls I think are thick, but I don't think they are the best at getting their points across, especially Jade, but Jade did make a very valid point in the bedroom to Cleo the other night, and if that is how she had of explained it to Shilpa none of this would have happened, but Jade was her typical mouthy self and got carried away with what she said to Shilpa :roll:

I take on board what has been said in this thread, but I just cannot see how it can be classed as racist??? I think it is people expecting the racist element rather than taking the comments as they are meant.......

I think Jade's big bug bare is the fact that Shilpa goes on about how "huge" she is in India and how much respect she gets there and how she would never be spoken to like that and how she has people to do things for her etc etc, I think Jade feels that shilpa thinks she is 1 cut above the rest, which is also how I felt about her at one point, but I would have made a better point in telling her :wink:

Jade is so............. Jade (I don't know how else to say it :lol: ) that her Shilpa popadum comment, was NOT meant racially, it was probably the first thing that came into her head and Jade being Jade just said it........if it had of been an Australian, she would probably have called her Shilpa kangaroo or sommin, I really don't think that any of them girls have an intentional hurtful bone in their body, although they do have bitchy bones, I can't deny that!

I truely believe that if anyone had a racist element in a comment, it was Jermaine, he was the one spouting about it all being about where she comes from rather than it just being bitchiness, but again I think that is down to his upbringing, these 2 people do not mingle with the likes of these particular housemates, so it is a complete misunderstanding of how these comments have been misinterpreted by well brought up and well spoken people who live in a completely different world to most of us, if you ask me!

Again as I posted before, Leo Sayer was the person who said 'White trash'.
Jermaine was just repeating it for who ever he was speaking too.

Princess Unicorn said:

If that was meant for me, I weren't talking about the "white trash" comment

Tam said:
Princess Unicorn said:

If that was meant for me, I weren't talking about the "white trash" comment

No no, it was about the comment earlier saying Jermaine said it. :) I've only just re-read this post :D

Oh :lol: I'll let ya off then :wink:

Sorry but you CANNOT condone the "white trash" comment. As a white British citizen I feel it was racist :D

But in this country you CAN't be a victim of racial abuse and be white! :roll:

And Shilpa is a big headed arrogant knob end! :lol:

I personally, being a white british citizen too. I don't find it offencive or racist. But thats just me.

Also I'm not condoning(sp?) it I'm just correcting something that people are stating wrongly. :D

I must admit though, if I had the lifestyle Shilpa does, I;d be exactly the same, and have the same attitude. Sorry :oops: but I'm being honest :oops: :oops: :oops:

I dont see 'white trash' as a racial comment, I agree that Jade is its about class, its nothing to do with ethnic origin, its the same as the term 'red neck' that gets used in America.

I think a lot of people think that if a racial comment is ment in jest then its not racist, that it has to be said in a hatefull way to be classed as racist. I know people that will jokingly use the word paki and the like and dont consider that racist when it is! Its like Jade calling Shilpa a popadom she doesnt see is racist, but Im sure she would take offence if someone 'jokingly' called her a fatty.

Cat said:
I dont see 'white trash' as a racial comment, I agree that Jade is its about class, its nothing to do with ethnic origin, its the same as the term 'red neck' that gets used in America.

I think a lot of people think that if a racial comment is ment in jest then its not racist, that it has to be said in a hatefull way to be classed as racist. I know people that will jokingly use the word paki and the like and dont consider that racist when it is! Its like Jade calling Shilpa a popadom she doesnt see is racist, but Im sure she would take offence if someone 'jokingly' called her a fatty.

=D> =D>

beanie said:
Unless she has a tv in there with the highlights on she won't have seen the vast majority of it as they save the really nasty stuff till she is out of earshot.
If she don't hear it and isn't affected how is it bullying?

You make a good point though, BB save the best bits for the highlights, it's not the full picture

beanie said:
Whether its a game or not bullying is wrong - I can't think of any situation where it is acceptable.
Bullying is not acceptable I agree but last years CBB was real bullying and intimidation.

Shilpa is a good actress playing on her colour and her upbringing. There may have been some silly comments and people speaking/shouting without thought but nothing shown so far has been racially vindictive!

beanie said:
if it was just because there are arguements between a white person and an indian person I doubt it would have attracted 20,000+ complaints and gotten so far without any evidence.
20k people reacting like PC idiots because of the little indian girl, worried about reprisals by a country which has had many racially driven wars.

I find this whole debate laffable, and if it ruins Jade, I think BB have won, and we as a Country should be embarressed by how easily manipulated we are.

It's like the Dummies of Beckham being hung after he kicked that Argentine player in the world cup 5 years ago, got sent off and we lost the next match and were out of the cup. He was hated, and then we loved him when he did something we liked.

As a Country we love Bandwagons, and are acting like Rats to the BB Pied Piper.

As I said earlier......

IT'S ALL A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!

Dionne said:
i cant stand jade now. big fat pig springs to mind every time i watch her.

What part of Jade in particular are you suggesting is FAT?

Have you missed the Hoo Haa about her Lipo-suction?

I find it astonishing people dont find "white trash" a racist remark. So if I said "black trash" that would be racist tho yeah? Its a bit hypocritical if u ask me.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander :D

ImTheDaddy said:
Dionne said:
i cant stand jade now. big fat pig springs to mind every time i watch her.

What part of Jade in particular are you suggesting is FAT?

Have you missed the Hoo Haa about her Lipo-suction?

Jade aint half lost the pounds now :shock:

Princess Unicorn said:

JERMAINE WAS NOT REPEATING ANYTHING!!!

Did he say, Hey Shipa, did you hear that Leo "Anger Management Issue" Sayer said that Jade is White Trash?

NO HE DIDN'T.

Did Leo also say that the only reason Shilpa was being spoken to in the way she was, was due to her face? Her colour?

NO HE DIDN'T

DID LEO OR ANYONE OTHER THAN JERMAINE QUESTIONS JADES PARENTAGE?

NO!!

Jermaine and Shilpa are two clever people playing a game!!!

If Shipa was not the Stupid, Controlling, Bint she is then no one would argue with her!

If Someone else was playing Shipa's role in this Pantomime they would have got Jades raw reaction!!! Jade is a street fighter brought up in the gutter and has done really well to bette rherself, all she's done wrong is reacted in anger rather than walking awya and comong back calmly!

KX said:
I find it astonishing people dont find "white trash" a racist remark. So if I said "black trash" that would be racist tho yeah? Its a bit hypocritical if u ask me.

i agree 100% with you Kx i hated it when i worked for an asian guy who treated me like shit, he always made comments about how one day all the asian people would take over the uk :lol: :lol: sorry but i give them back as good as i get if im white trash then well i cant put on here what i think of them :wink:

Princess Unicorn said:
The white trash comment wasn't about Jade, it was about Jo.

And yes he was reapeating it.

No it wasn't It was about Jade and if he was repeating it does that mean he didn't mean it?

Ur arguements don't make sense!!

KX said:

So is Black Trash racist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back