Is it racist?

LMAO Its meant to be hunts with hounds and runs with the hares! - meaning she has a face for everyone, says with thing to one person, and something different to another :shock:

Has Teddy binned her? :?

According to papers, he will. Pressurised by the sport as a third of his team is black.

Wow, he must really love her :roll:

Why is it PC to be angry when someone makes such sweeping statements like all Indians are malnourished and asking if she lives in a hut?? If that is PC then I wear my badge with pride. To me that is not PC its common sense.

As for the white trash comment why isn't everyone complaining to the channel and the makers. Thats what people did when Shilpa was being bullied, 40,000 complaints!!

beanie said:
Why is it PC to be angry when someone makes such sweeping statements like all Indians are malnourished and asking if she lives in a hut?? If that is PC then I wear my badge with pride. To me that is not PC its common sense.

As for the white trash comment why isn't everyone complaining to the channel and the makers. Thats what people did when Shilpa was being bullied, 40,000 complaints!!

I agree PC is thrown about too often as an insult. I sometimes feel to be even tolerant of others' culture means people see me this way. And as for the WT comment, didn't you know it's the British way to grumble about things quietly rather than complain head-on? :lol:

I made mine :D

Asking someone if they live in a hut? and ? What racial element is there in that? Its like me asking if u live in a shit hole, it is not racial.

Who said all Indians are malnourished?

And what % of the 40000 were from an "ethnic minority"?

This country is mad, and Beanie if i called someone Black Trash that would be racist, so there isn't a rule for one, and a rule for another!

Well actually quite clearly there is!

Making assumptions that all Indians live in huts and are malnourished (that was Jo BTW) shows complete cultural ignorance and misguided superiority. No matter what anyone's views are on this subject I don't know how you CAN'T see that was racist :?

erm no.

You can't see what is racist about asking someone from a different culture if they live in a hut. It is extreme ignorance and very judgemental. Jo made the comment about them all being thin - yet another ignorant comment.

I have no idea what % of the 40,000 were from an ethinic minority and to be honest I don't see what that has to do with anything.

And yes if you used the term black trash in a derogatory manner you could be done for racism if the person decided to make a complaint. You have made yours and if enough people have found it offensive then hopefully channel 4 will do something about it.

Minxy - I totally agree. Why can't people just be tolerant. PC isn't such a bad thing, I think there are worse things to be called....like racist :wink:

The same way as u and Beanie cant see White Trash as racist!

:D

Well I don't think anyone on here can be called a racist

KX said:
The same way as u and Beanie cant see White Trash as racist!

:D

I think if someone said that to you and you thought it was racist it would be. Offence is in the eye of the beholder.

*EDIT* Or should that be ear! :lol:

I thought it was beauty! :D

EDIT: And Shilpa wasn't offended by it too much, she said it wasn't racist!

Shilpa hasn't heard the one about being malnourished or about f'ing off back home.

Well as someone previously said before she does reside in India, so technically they can be let off with that one, and that can't be taken further.

Others watching found it offensive though meaning it was. We can only speak for ourselves. You found the WT comment racist, probably like many others who couldn;t be bothered to complain to the TV company.

personally, I DIDN'T find it offensive that someone called Jaquiey 'White Trash'

just a little bit true :twisted:

Minxy said:
Others watching found it offensive though meaning it was. We can only speak for ourselves. You found the WT comment racist, probably like many others who couldn;t be bothered to complain to the TV company.

personally, I DIDN'T find it offensive that someone called Jaquiey 'White Trash'

just a little bit true :twisted:

yep. Just because someone thinks its ok to say something doesn't mean it is. I like Minxy was not at all bothered by the white trash remark yet was bothered by Danielle's and Jo's remarks so that is why I complained. In fact I was guilty of calling Jackiey trailer trash and redneck which is derogatory, so am not all that PC I guess. It is just about thinking about what you are saying and understanding how it could be interpreted I guess.

Well there are others on here that found the WT comment out of order, so I know I am not alone on that one.

It seems you are quick to defend other cultures, yet not your own? WT is an attack against ur culture/colour, yet it doesn't bother you? :?

KX said:
WT is an attack against ur culture/colour, yet it doesn't bother you? :?

That's just the thing, to me 'White trash' is a CULTURAL attack on the chav/underclass/poorly educated so no, it's not an attack on MY culture and no it doesn't bother me. At all. Honest.

Oh right so if u are a chav uneducated etc u can be called white trash?

Trailer trash is very different to white trash-thats involving colour!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->