Is it racist?

weestar21 said:
as for that jermaine or whatever his name is, if he doesnt get accused for being racist for saying the white trash comment (was it him who said it first or was he just repeating it? :? ) then i will contact channel 4 as i think its very unfair for us brittish people to be named as white trash

I don't think the insult of white trash was aimed at 'us brittish people' but Jade's mum. I'm proud to say I don't associate with her at all :D

but then if you say that it wasnt aimed at us it was aimed at jades mum
then why has the popadom comment been aimed at loads of people all over the world when infact it was aimed at shilpa??????

just my point, sorry not having a go at you hun but its just the same when you say it wasnt aimed at all us but i found it offensive 'white trash' same as all those thousands who complained about the shipa popadom comment, they all took it offencive too

do you see what i mean :?

sorry im not very good at explaining myself very well :oops: :lol:

I get you and think burning effigies was a little over the top myself!

I'm not Indian so I can't say whether or not I'd be offended by what's going on but think the cumalative effect of the bullying of Shilpa (racist or not) is more newsworthy than one throwaway comment by JJ :)

beanie said:
Minxy said:
Once a bully always a bully. I think she'll save her career but I'll never buy her perfume! (no change there then :D )

dammit, there goes this years secret santa idea!!!!
:shock: :lol:

Dionne said:
KX said:
I dont think she has a big head tbh, I think she is grounded and knows her roots, but can be an arse at times-like everyone.

Shilpa is the one with the big fat heed!

no i mean her head to look at :lol: its a melon head!
all that money lipo the lot she is Minging. she had a nice bob too what ever made her get her new hair cut. it so dont suit her and makes the melon look bigger

i aint been watching big brother but what i have seen of it on the news :sick: its an embaresment to women

AMEN!!!

I think that Danielle has got more faces than the town hall clock

I hate Danielle now, she is so too faced. I don't like that trait in people :roll:

KX said:
I hate Danielle now, she is so too faced. I don't like that trait in people :roll:

Me neither! Did you hear her the other night?! She went up to Shilpa and said "look if you want to come and talk just come and sit with us" then the next minute she went up to Jade and said "i'm f**king fed up of her" :shock: if that isn't 2 faced then blow me down :lol:

I think she has made herself a lot of enemies and Jade wont be happy when she see's that footage :D

I dont think its racist at all, all this uproar because shilpa said they were being racist, shes a famous actress. she crys then wen jades gone shes says it wasnt racist at all!! wats all that about!!

And were was the uproar wen jermaine called Jade white trash!!

No one said anything about that. If jade said that shilpa was Indian trash omg there would of been world war 3.

Our coutry needs to stand up for its self.

natashag2007 said:
all this uproar because shilpa said they were being racist

Everything kicked off way before Shilpa uttered the 'R' word. Even then, she said it once and took it back straight away, insisting she didn't think the bullying was racially motivated.

If you think the uproar was unjustified blame the media and producers of BB who exloited the whole situation to get ratings.

And were was the uproar wen jermaine called Jade white trash!!

Is this a question? If it is then no, obviously there wasn't an uproar. As has been pointed out before, 'white trash' is a socio-economic slur but not necessarily a racist one. Insulting? of course, and I agree maybe Jermaine should've been pulled up by BB. But then, if they jumped on every tiny word uttered, it wouldn't be much of a programme at all really, would it?

Im just voicing my opinion!

Thats the whole point its a show so why all this fuss.

Just lots of people in a small house 24/7 things get said.
I dont agree with being bitchy and two faced. but i dont think it was racist at all but just because she a diff race everyone is saying it is.

Im only saying wat i think im not a racist of bully.

But i really think that its all been blown out of proportion.

natashag2007 said:
Im just voicing my opinion

And me! :D We love a healthy debate :wink:

Comments about living in a hut and Indian people being malnourished where definitely motivated by Shilpa's race so in my mind it WAS racist. I don't think the bullying was motivated by this, more likely jealousy because Shilpa is beautiful and intelligent and Jade.....well......... :lol:

Im only saying wat i think im not a racist of bully.

But i really think that its all been blown out of proportion.

I agree completely, and I'm not a racist or bully either. :)

I was just watching on her on channel 4, I feel bad for Jade, she was upset.

I have to be honest, I think i am exactly like Jade, if someone starts on me/makes a comment/pisses me off I go mad too, and wont back down. :D

I think she has a lot of anger issues that need to be addressed. Can you think of the hassle her kids will get at school? I dread to think! :(

Shilpa is playing a game, she knew what she was doing when she said she thought it was racist, but then retracted. Shilpa knew the media attention/hype it would get.

This country is PC gone mad, and no way should anyone get away with racist comments regarding whites neither :D

i agree i think if u dont like someone u should tell them and thats it not sit there and be two faced i hate two faced people lol or u should sit down and talk to find out y.

KX said:

I have to be honest, I think i am exactly like Jade, if someone starts on me/makes a comment/pisses me off I go mad too, and wont back down. :D

I think she has a lot of anger issues that need to be addressed. Can you think of the hassle her kids will get at school? I dread to think! :(

Shilpa is playing a game, she knew what she was doing when she said she thought it was racist, but then retracted. Shilpa knew the media attention/hype it would get.

This country is PC gone mad, and no way should anyone get away with racist comments regarding whites neither :D

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:oops: :lol:

I get heated over this, as I am a Jade fan not Shilpa :D

KX said:

I don't at all. I believe she was briefed whilst in the house of what to expect and her 'people' have told her what to say and how to play it.

Anyone read the 'News of the World' today? They are TOTALLY setting it up so Danielle is the scapegoat for everything. As naive and stupid as she is, SHE'S the one I feel sorry for. She's going to come out to no boyfriend and no career.

Danielle is a two faced bitch tho! She hunts with the hares and runs with the hounds!

KX said:
Danielle is a two faced bitch tho! She hunts with the hares and runs with the hounds!

Never heard that saying before! :lol: I think it's natural to be poo-ing yourself when you think you might get lynched on the outside world. Sucking up to shilpa is self-preservation. Horrible to watch though I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->