Is the OPK Negative or Positive..Please Help

Yes you o'd on cd18. Dont worry about the positive for a few days. Because usually once you get a positive OPK...OV would occur around 12-36 so seeing that your OV ended around 10pm because of the negative OPK, I would say you fall in the 12 hr category. I think mines takes time but I can see that its negative compared to yesterday's test. It didnt even have the dark line on the left side like the last test which looked exactly like the control line. So I would say that I O'd cd22 which would be right on time for my cycle. im hoping we both get our bfp. And cant wait until you get the answer back from your reading. I did notice that you have to put your first name and date of birth when you ask a question. Usually when they respond and they need further information you can respond and you will get a quicker answer but thats what i've noticed.

Cool. Thanks for the info! I didn't give them my bday. Are all the links the same website? I'm gonna try again. Ok, you know I'm gonna have to change my "active member" to addict! this is getting crazy! LOL! I hope we can end up as bump buddies!

That makes total sense that I was probably in the 12 hr bracket. I should be pregnant then darn it! LOL!

i totally get what you are saying. the links that i listed is the same website but different parts. if you want to choose a psychic then click the first link. but if you wanted to use the psychic i used, the click the 2nd link for her responses to answers from other people and the 3rd link is where you would ask your question. your psychic will most likely give you a response but asks for your date of birth for further help. im thinking the same way...i should be pregnant :rofl: but all we can do is what and see now. i have a feelig once 7dpo comes around, i am going to symptom spot like a mad woman :rofl:

Just want to clarify something here...

An OPK tests for the LH surge which PROMPTS ovulation - LH surge does not equal ovulation.

If you get a positive LH surge you will most likely ovulate 12-36 hours following the FIRST positive OPK.

So gabbysky, if you had your positive opk on cd 18, you most likely did not ovulate until 24 hours (on average) AFTER your last positive opk which would be midday cd19.

You can take a look at my chart to see the + opk and the actual thermal shift the following day which indicates ovulation.

Also something to note, just because you are getting + opks doesn't necessarily mean you will ovulate for sure so if you want to be absolutely positive of your ovulation date, you'd want to bbt and chart.

edit: I'd like to add too that I have a short LH surge which lasts hours not days. As my opk's get darker, I start testing 3 times a day... I normally only have 1 positive opk out of three. I test each day at 11am, 4pm, and 8pm.

HTH

:dust:

thanks for the help marjorie. so would you say i ovulate today since my last positive was yesterday.

I took your first pic and inverted the colors - it seems easier to see equal color saturation if it's inverted for some reason...

And after reading your post, and looking at my post, I made a serious typo in my post (which I fixed before posting here). Your 12-36 hour timer starts from your FIRST positive, not your last. :(

Sorry for the mix up!

Either way since it seems you've only had one positive (I'd call the photo below positive), I'd say that you will ovulate on cd 22 (is that today?)

BD BD BD BD :)

Attachments

• IMG_20110831_135132.jpg
    IMG_20110831_135132.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 7
Just want to clarify something here...

An OPK tests for the LH surge which PROMPTS ovulation - LH surge does not equal ovulation.

If you get a positive LH surge you will most likely ovulate 12-36 hours following the FIRST positive OPK.

So gabbysky, if you had your positive opk on cd 18, you most likely did not ovulate until 24 hours (on average) AFTER your last positive opk which would be midday cd19.

You can take a look at my chart to see the + opk and the actual thermal shift the following day which indicates ovulation.

Also something to note, just because you are getting + opks doesn't necessarily mean you will ovulate for sure so if you want to be absolutely positive of your ovulation date, you'd want to bbt and chart.

edit: I'd like to add too that I have a short LH surge which lasts hours not days. As my opk's get darker, I start testing 3 times a day... I normally only have 1 positive opk out of three. I test each day at 11am, 4pm, and 8pm.

HTH

You're very informative. Thank you!
So, you also have a short LH then. I didn't bd the cd19 darn it!!!! I bd'd cd18 and cd20!:dohh: I sure hope I didn't miss it!

Also I didn't opk test on cd17 night time, so maybe that was my first positive and I just missed it. I'm assuming I was at the end of my positive window when I took the test in the am of cd18 since it was clearly negative by pm. Hmmmm????

i totally get what you are saying. the links that i listed is the same website but different parts. if you want to choose a psychic then click the first link. but if you wanted to use the psychic i used, the click the 2nd link for her responses to answers from other people and the 3rd link is where you would ask your question. your psychic will most likely give you a response but asks for your date of birth for further help. im thinking the same way...i should be pregnant :rofl: but all we can do is what and see now. i have a feelig once 7dpo comes around, i am going to symptom spot like a mad woman :rofl:

I'm guilty of already symptom spotting girl! I'm feeling my boobs like every ten min to see if they're sore! I have issues!!!:wacko:

marjorie- the first pic was on cd21 which was 2 days ago. i dtd yesterday (cd22) twice so i hope i covered it because i dtd on cd19, cd21, and cd22.

gabby-im already thinking about every cramp and sharp pain in my ovaries :rofl:

LMAO!!!! Can we say OCD??...Let's say it together...O...C...D:help::rofl:

:rofl: yeah i can just see when im 7dpo, im going to be going to the bathroom so many times to check if there's implantation spotting or not :rofl:

You're very informative. Thank you!
So, you also have a short LH then. I didn't bd the cd19 darn it!!!! I bd'd cd18 and cd20!:dohh: I sure hope I didn't miss it!

Also I didn't opk test on cd17 night time, so maybe that was my first positive and I just missed it. I'm assuming I was at the end of my positive window when I took the test in the am of cd18 since it was clearly negative by pm. Hmmmm????

My understanding is, that the LH surges during the day after you've waken for several hours, so I guess it might be possible that you surged the night before, but I think you'd still be ok if you just assume your surge was positive cd18 and ovulation was cd19.

Best chances are bd'ing a day or two before ovulation, the day of and a day or two after.

Best of luck to you - I don't think you're out this month :)

Margerle, thanks for all your insight. It's really helped me out. i'm thinking I did surge the night before too....now I know to test in the am and pm. We live and learn, right? If I did surge the night before than I think my chances are pretty decent. We shall see! How long have you been trying for...or are you trying? I always just assume everyone is trying. My bad. :)

:rofl: yeah i can just see when im 7dpo, im going to be going to the bathroom so many times to check if there's implantation spotting or not :rofl:

Well Mzswizz, we both got a three day weekend here, so I'll be chattin witcha next week! We can get back to our OCD then. Have a great weekend!:happydance::hugs:

2dpo and just enjoying this weekend. Will be back on tuesday though. Everyone have a great weekend and Labor Day. When i come back on i should be 5dpo so then it will be 2 more days until i can symptom spot.

Margerle, thanks for all your insight. It's really helped me out. i'm thinking I did surge the night before too....now I know to test in the am and pm. We live and learn, right? If I did surge the night before than I think my chances are pretty decent. We shall see! How long have you been trying for...or are you trying? I always just assume everyone is trying. My bad. :)

Not trying not avoiding right now, but I've been keeping track of cycles for a long time 10+ years though only used cm to detect fertile window prior to the last few months when my cycles started lasting longer and shorter than usual. I decided to temp and opk just to make sure everything was still working out as normal.

sometimes im in the ntnp and majority we are ttc. most of the time i just dtd and hope for the best. im 4dpo today nothing new.

morning ladies 5dpo. wow the tww is going by pretty fast.

Morning!!!! I'm either 6 or 7dpo today! Half way through the wait!!! This long weekend went by pretty fast! Any symptoms yet MsSwizz? None here.:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->