Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

:wohoo: Hey Inkdchick...... super news ....good luck and happy bump days ahead..

I am Confused.... ov day should be 20/21 June but cbopk had smiley on saturday and sunday and again today??????????????? ewcm also over the weekend so just :sex: all weekend ....everything crossed....x

Hey all,

I don`t think ot matters how many children you have or don`t have, it doesn`t change the way we feel about wanting more.

When I was PG in Jan, before my loss, i was chatting to a lady at the hospital and she was expecting her 8th!!!!

There is a family at my kids` school who have 5 girls (she lost a little boy in the middle at 8 months) she is now PG again, so I am guessing they are hoping for a boy this time.

Was also chatting to a mom at school today, she was 41 when she had her 4th.

Sending lots of :dust::dust::dust: to everyone.

Despie, MrsP and Ali :hugs: Don't ever feel bad for the desire to have more children, in fact I feel bad feeling as I did! Now I realise that truly we are no different, the yearning and need for children doesn't lessen because you already have them it's the same for all of us. In fact maybe it's worse for you, after all you know what it's like whereas I have absolutely no idea :wacko::shrug:

MrsP, I wish I could ease your heartache truly I do. I know it's hard and as you know I fall off the wagon regularly but please keep trying until mother nature tells you otherwise, I'm here with you :hugs:

Ali, it's your decision, your body, your life and not for them to decide. I'm only wishing pink for you!!! :pink::dust:

Jax ,I love you for saying that but it won't get you off your slouching ,:) get tht journal updated lol ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am 42 as of April and trying for #2. I am modifying my diet, taking acupuncture 2x a week and hopeful that this Summer will be good to me!!

D~

Hello Ladies,
Glad to see more 40+ joining in. Hope everyone is doing good. 1 more week and we move into hotel for 4 day a then we head to our new home in AR.

I think ttc #1 or if you already have kids is quite an emotive subject. I felt like Jax at the start in that I didn't think that those with kids had the right to say that their want was the same. Don't take this the wrong way but I have only changed my view a bit. I acknowledge and know that the WANT is the same for anyone wanting to have a child but the situation is entirely different in another way which adds an element of pressure - those who have kids do not lie in bed thinking that they will never be a grandparent, never experience their kid's first day at school, never smell that baby smell, experience a child saying 'I love you Mum' or never baking cakes or taking their kid to football practice etc etc. So, although we are all searching for the same thing with the same need, if we fail, the outcome is totally different :hugs::hugs::hugs:

inkd, glad you are doing well. Interesting about the bottled water.

Here's an update..

I just received my protocol checklist
BCP 7/08-7/31
200IU of Follistem and 75IU of Menopur 8/5-/14
Doxycycline 100mg for my hubby am and pm days 8/9-8/15
Me 8/16-8/21
Egg retrieval 8/16 (est)
Egg transfer 8/21 (Est)
Prednisone 10mg 8/16-8/20
Crinone 8/20-8/31
PIO 8/16-8/31
81mg aspirin 8/21-8/31

I am sooo excited.

Prayers and Blessings,

~Angie

Here's an update..

I just received my protocol checklist
BCP 7/08-7/31
200IU of Follistem and 75IU of Menopur 8/5-/14
Doxycycline 100mg for my hubby am and pm days 8/9-8/15
Me 8/16-8/21
Egg retrieval 8/16 (est)
Egg transfer 8/21 (Est)
Prednisone 10mg 8/16-8/20
Crinone 8/20-8/31
PIO 8/16-8/31
81mg aspirin 8/21-8/31

I am sooo excited.

Prayers and Blessings,

~Angie

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs:

I think ttc #1 or if you already have kids is quite an emotive subject. I felt like Jax at the start in that I didn't think that those with kids had the right to say that their want was the same. Don't take this the wrong way but I have only changed my view a bit. I acknowledge and know that the WANT is the same for anyone wanting to have a child but the situation is entirely different in another way which adds an element of pressure - those who have kids do not lie in bed thinking that they will never be a grandparent, never experience their kid's first day at school, never smell that baby smell, experience a child saying 'I love you Mum' or never baking cakes or taking their kid to football practice etc etc. So, although we are all searching for the same thing with the same need, if we fail, the outcome is totally different :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: ahh hope that it comes true for you:hugs:

I hope with all my heart u get all of these ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi, I never thought of it like that - really hoping you get everything you wish for.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks ladies, I didn't want to offend anyone because I truly know you want it as much if not more :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks ladies, I didn't want to offend anyone because I truly know you want it as much if not more :hugs::hugs::hugs:

i was relating this story to my mom earlier. i have just returned from hospital to get the results from all these tests they have done.

Nothing wrong with me, i am prefectly healthy, think it`s just down to my age!

Anyway i was saying what you had said. Yes we all have the same longing and wish for a beautiful baby, but i am so thankful that I do already have 3 beautiful and clever children. (DS 10, DD 7 and DS 2)

I really, really hope you succeed.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly I do understand what you're saying and I truly hope you can experience all that I have been blessed with :hugs:

Never2late congrats on getting your protocol, all these things are one step closer.

I've just had my scan for trial run for my Frozen embryo transfer. I ovulated on my right side, which I thought I had as felt it that side. But my lining is so thin, only 5.1, they like it to be 8 I think and although its got a bit of time before implantation I cant see it happening. I wonder if that's why I lost 3 of my babies, the ones that mc'd really early. maybe they couldn't implant properly. I'm waiting for a call back from the fertility nurse. Might get to acupuncture thursday to see if they can help.

Love to all xx

hi butterfly

i hope you don't mind me chiming in, i am in your situation TT#1. I do agree that the experience is qualitatively different in the sense that for those of us who have no children a whole dimension of life is simply not there as it is for those who already have a child. That is just a fact isn't it. This is the first time I have actually voiced that out loud to anyone, but in my quiet moments of anxiety I have thought all those things you mentioned.

I stop myself thinking about it because I want to be in the moment while this is happening with every hope and expectation that anyone wanting to be a parent has when they decide they want to do it for the first time. I want to believe in that childlike way that this will happen even if it takes a little time I know that must sound silly but I admit it is how i feel...

Thanks for being so open about it Butterfly, I have the same childish hope and expectation for your success :hugs:

baby dust to everyone :dust:

Madeline xxx

Ladies you have overwhelmed me with your kindness :blush:

Madeline, I agree, I don't think I went into this expecting it not to happen either and I think that is the right way to be. I even think that if I can keep going that it will happen but it may just end up being the case that no :spermy: equals no :baby: :shrug:
I think we do put a lot of those thoughts into the back of our minds so that we do not torment ourselves :thumbup:

Donna, that is interesting about the lining and if that was affecting the embies sticking then hopefully they can do something about it to change the situation so that it doesn't happen again, so good news maybe? :hugs:

Butterfly, Madeline, I wholeheartedly agree! I didn't go into this thinking it would never happen either, do any of us? :shrug: And yes if we can keep going it has to happen at some stage, surely!

Butterfly I also hear what you're saying, I guess I was thinking of the 'now' rather than the 'future', which I have a hunch what will be for me but I'm trying not to think about it.....:hugs::hugs:

so the nurse has phoned. My lining is too thin and they wont do transfer next month. Instead i'll have trial month next month to build up lining. I've got progesterone test on monday, then on cd1 i'll start estrogen then go on to have progesterone and have scans pre and post progesterone. Relieved now that there's a plan :)

Out of interest can I ask how long your af's last and have they changed since you got older. I always had 5 day af's and now they're only 2 days ever since my first mc, which was a natural one. My af's did improve when I did acupuncture so i'm going to try that again to see if it helps xx

Donna, glad you've got a good plan in place :thumbup:

My AF's are 5/6 days, never been any different but then I've never preg for them to make a difference :shrug: Acupuncture will help the blood flow to the womb and so yea could make a real improvement - good luck hun :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->