Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

Well AF finally showed up for real this morning after 2 days of spotting. Just feel relieved I can get on with the next cycle.

Occurred to me yesterday that it's been 19 years since I last conceived naturally (where has that time gone) My last child was conceived through IVF/ICSI due to a problem with my then husband and we were very lucky to have success on the one and only course we could afford.

I really wish I could relax about things as I know that really helps. It took 18 months to conceive my first child, only to fall pregnant straight after I received my appointment for fertility tests! I believe it was because the pressure was off. It's so hard to relax and not worry now as I know time is running out. Do I just stop trying so hard in the hope it will just happen? At the same time, if I don't try hard will I regret that when it's too late? I'm not ready to give up yet though!

My AF finally showed up too and for once I am super happy! Now I can start my BCP on the 8th as planned and get this IVF/ICSI started. :happydance:

I pray that we have success on our first try too :thumbup:

Happy Friday!

~Angie

My AF finally showed up too and for once I am super happy! Now I can start my BCP on the 8th as planned and get this IVF/ICSI started. :happydance:

Happy Friday!

~Angie

That's great sweetheart ,good luck :hugs:

Happy Friday!

~Angie

Good luck to you, hope it all goes well

Well AF finally showed up for real this morning after 2 days of spotting. Just feel relieved I can get on with the next cycle.

Occurred to me yesterday that it's been 19 years since I last conceived naturally (where has that time gone) My last child was conceived through IVF/ICSI due to a problem with my then husband and we were very lucky to have success on the one and only course we could afford.

I really wish I could relax about things as I know that really helps. It took 18 months to conceive my first child, only to fall pregnant straight after I received my appointment for fertility tests! I believe it was because the pressure was off. It's so hard to relax and not worry now as I know time is running out. Do I just stop trying so hard in the hope it will just happen? At the same time, if I don't try hard will I regret that when it's too late? I'm not ready to give up yet though!

I'm with you sweetheart ,keep going and we will all get our bfps :hugs::hugs:

Good luck never2late, what a journey you're about to embark upon, very very exciting!!

MrsP and willow sorry AF turned up. I'm actually quite pleased with mine this time though as it's lasted a whole 5 days now (after my first mc, it was only 2 days for a very long time and each mc seemed to mess it up again).

Desperado I know my uterus is 'cold' as acupuncture Dr has told me (and to be honest my tummy is cold when the rest of me is hot) I was told by them to have hot baths, only eat and drink hot things etc. But I heard someone else say they were sure they got pg after soaking their feet in warm water. So I had a look on line and feet have a lot to do with fertility and so I thought if I warm them up then it might warm my uterus!!!! i'll try anything at this point (ha ha, so funny, just as I was typing that, the song 'Bonkers' came on!! LOL!
xxxx

Good luck never2late, what a journey you're about to embark upon, very very exciting!!

MrsP and willow sorry AF turned up. I'm actually quite pleased with mine this time though as it's lasted a whole 5 days now (after my first mc, it was only 2 days for a very long time and each mc seemed to mess it up again).

Desperado I know my uterus is 'cold' as acupuncture Dr has told me (and to be honest my tummy is cold when the rest of me is hot) I was told by them to have hot baths, only eat and drink hot things etc. But I heard someone else say they were sure they got pg after soaking their feet in warm water. So I had a look on line and feet have a lot to do with fertility and so I thought if I warm them up then it might warm my uterus!!!! i'll try anything at this point (ha ha, so funny, just as I was typing that, the song 'Bonkers' came on!! LOL!
xxxx

:haha::haha:Was just really interested as my feet are akways freezing and I never wear socks ,I hate them but I have bad circulation in my legs also :wacko:So maybe i should start heating mine in warm water too or maybe strap a few water bottles to them both :haha::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:and Donna we would all do absolutely anything for a sticky ,loads of love and hugs beautiful :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Good luck never2late. Wishing I could persuade DH to go ivf route, but he really wants to just keep going as we are. Plus health insurance doesn't cover it :(

Donna - tell me more about acupuncture. How does that work? How often do you need to go and how long is each session? Does anybody know how often it works? Was watching sex and the city the other morning where Charlotte goes for acupuncture and then falls pregnant.

Have a good week everyone :)

Hi Dippycat, well acupuncture is a strange thing really. It is supposed to rebalance the natural energies yin and yang or something like that. supposedly everyone has energy pathways under the skin and the needles help to balance the energy levels to enable healing. I do believe there must be something in it because I fall asleep when I go and i'm only in there for 30 minutes, in a light room in the middle of the town centre! I can hear people shopping from where I am. I couldn't even fall asleep in a car but with that i'm gone in about 10 mins. It is soooooo relaxing. So it's good for that if nothing else. They claim to be able to heat up my uterus with acupuncture and chinese medicine, which not only makes my uterus a more hospitable environment, the blood flow to my ovaries should help my eggs become better quality. Of course all of this takes some time and they have told me to not get pg for 6 months since I have had so many mc's to prepare my body to become the optimum for pg. I go once a week now.

Hope that made sense, i've just finished nights and am exhausted now, night night all xx

hi all hope every 1 is doing ok xx lets get those bfps rolling in this month :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Thanks for the info Donna. That sounds incredible. I think I will see if there is anyone out here who does it :)

Hi All.... hope you are all well.... very quite weekend on B&B... working hard or :sex:?
Its getting near the opk testing time and part of me is wondering if I should leave it this month and take my chances.. take the relaxed wait and see mode.... probably not!
OH is loving all the practice sessions, that's what he calls them:winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink: he has been great lately making me drinks in bed and massage.... :happydance::happydance:

On our long weekend last week we even set a date for the big day :wedding: September next year...... :happydance::happydance:

Hi All.... hope you are all well.... very quite weekend on B&B... working hard or :sex:?
Its getting near the opk testing time and part of me is wondering if I should leave it this month and take my chances.. take the relaxed wait and see mode.... probably not!
OH is loving all the practice sessions, that's what he calls them:winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink: he has been great lately making me drinks in bed and massage.... :happydance::happydance:

On our long weekend last week we even set a date for the big day :wedding: September next year...... :happydance::happydance:

Hi soon, congrats on setting the date!

I am taking a month off from trying, half of me hoping relaxing and not worrying will work, but if not I'm going all out next month to do all I can!

Good luck to you :flower:

great news on setting a date Soonto :happydance:

I've been for another scan today to check my lining for my frozen embryo transfer and the lining is still rubbish. they've been increasing my estrogen but its not doing much, so am waiting to hear back from the clinic to see what to do next. I'm now getting worried that this is the reason for most of my mc's that my lining isn't good enough. I've got an appointment with the recurrent mc consultant on 30th so will discuss it with him.

Hope you're all well, xx

great news on setting a date Soonto :happydance:

I've been for another scan today to check my lining for my frozen embryo transfer and the lining is still rubbish. they've been increasing my estrogen but its not doing much, so am waiting to hear back from the clinic to see what to do next. I'm now getting worried that this is the reason for most of my mc's that my lining isn't good enough. I've got an appointment with the recurrent mc consultant on 30th so will discuss it with him.

Hope you're all well, xx

Hopefully it is fixable sweetheart ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

well they called back and said they're increasing progynova to 9mg daily but the consultant is worried that my ERPC with India (my 3rd mc) has damaged the lining and I may have to have a small procedure to have a look and see what's happening. Have had a good cry :cry: x

well they called back and said they're increasing progynova to 9mg daily but the consultant is worried that my ERPC with India (my 3rd mc) has damaged the lining and I may have to have a small procedure to have a look and see what's happening. Have had a good cry :cry: x

O no :cry:Hopefully they are wrong and there's no scarring but if so can they fix it sweetheart ?:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My thoughts are with you....xxx

I am turning 42 in September. Have a daughter turning 25 in August (she was born before teen mom was such a craze). Got married to my soul mate Sept 18, 2011 and we are praying and hoping and working on having children! (He has none). The "things to do" list from the doc had us a little overwhelmed~ all the day 1, 3, 5-10's.... Like i would miss day 1 !!!???? HAHA So, Now we are at CD1 and ready!!! within the next 2 weeks we will know that we are healthy and able to conceive & carry!!!!

I am turning 42 in September. Have a daughter turning 25 in August (she was born before teen mom was such a craze). Got married to my soul mate Sept 18, 2011 and we are praying and hoping and working on having children! (He has none). The "things to do" list from the doc had us a little overwhelmed~ all the day 1, 3, 5-10's.... Like i would miss day 1 !!!???? HAHA So, Now we are at CD1 and ready!!! within the next 2 weeks we will know that we are healthy and able to conceive & carry!!!!

Hi deucemama, I'd like to wish you good luck and hope you get your bfp soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->