Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

Hi all! I am 41, will be 42 next month. Miscarried my 1st 7/2/12, just stopped bleeding last week n started trying again immediately (teehee!) Looking for support n kinship. Heres to pink n blue blankies for all of us in 2013!!

I hope everyone who wants twins gets them! My twin boys turned 1 in May. I love having twins even though the pregnancy sucked and I delivered them at 28 weeks. All worth it!

Hi all! I am 41, will be 42 next month. Miscarried my 1st 7/2/12, just stopped bleeding last week n started trying again immediately (teehee!) Looking for support n kinship. Heres to pink n blue blankies for all of us in 2013!!

welcome and good luck!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sorry for your loss. Hope for some more BFPs here soon.

Welcome Ghanagirl - the bleeding you just had, was that your first AF since the miscarriage? :flower:

I just turned 40 last month and miscarried my first BFP 2 weeks ago at 8w3d. Hoping to go for my 3rd and final IVF cycle in November - as long as AF cooperates with me. :thumbup:

Hi Hockey24, so sorry for your loss n thanks for responding to me! To answer your question, i think that was AF but not sure. I started bleeding 6/4/12 at around 7 weeks but there was a heartbeat. Officially mc 7/2-bled til 8/14, stopped long enough for a bd, started again 8/21 which may have been AF, stopped again 12 days later on 9/3-got a couple more BDs in for the fun of it mostly. The last bout of bleeding came around AF time but I kept passing huge clots like a mc. To make matters even more confusing ive been having dizzy spells for a few days n today major dizziness and nausea and Big Time smell sensitivity like when i was preggo, i had to lie down for like an hour n have ginger tea n crackers to calm things down. And i was so tired yesterday i took a 4-5 hour nap n i never nap except when i was preggo. Anyone think i could have conceived during that one week break? Thanks for reading, sorry for the super long story!

Holy cow! You have done alot of bleeding. I would think you would feel a bit weak and dizzy from that alone! I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that.

Have you called your doctor or POAS'd? Certainly sounds like symptoms but with everything your body has been through and going through - its hard to say.

:baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:Waiting over Baby Lucy arrived at 11.30pm last night much to my brothers delight... she is a bit wrinkled and soggy but ever so cute....xxx

Me! 40 years old and trying! Trying IUI next month!

Holy cow! You have done alot of bleeding. I would think you would feel a bit weak and dizzy from that alone! I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that.

Have you called your doctor or POAS'd? Certainly sounds like symptoms but with everything your body has been through and going through - its hard to say.[/QUOTE
Hey Hockey24! Yes alot of bleeding, got very wearing physically and mentally, glad its stopped. What is POAS? Ive been communicating with my doc thru the pregnancy n mc, im just trying not to bug her if these symptoms mean nothing. I generally try to wait n see if they resolve on their own.

Oh, and thanks to maddy40 and soontobmrsm for your condolences and welcomes, it means a lot.

Thanks, Ghanagirl! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and send love and strength. It's going to happen for us, I know it!!

:dust: :dust:

Hi!!! Newbie over 40 TTC for a year and a half...I've been stalking and decided to join.

Hello all,
I am not a newbie to babyandbump but am an on and off poster.
The reason for that is that I have been ttc since 2003. Yep, 2003. Have not been on b&b that long but with such a long time looking at pee sticks and timing things I need to take a break occasionally for mental health.
I am gulp 42 now but began when I was 33.
I will condense my story but basically it was pretty easy ttc the first few years but they all ended in miscarriage. Then I went through a period with no bfp's.
Had some undiagnosed conditions that now make sense as the cause, as all three conditions are related to infertility and miscarriages: hypothyroidism, celiacs and endometriosis.
For more recent stats, I have not had good luck lately - a chemical pregnancy in sept 2010, right after I began thyroid meds, another chemical in May 2011.
My partner and I both need to travel sometimes for work or family reasons, so not every month it is possible to bd or bd a good amount. This month I am rather hopeful, I had good timing and plentiful fertile cm, so once again am watching the clock.
I looked at this thread a bit today and went back to May 2012.
Is it ok to symptom spot on the thread? Do people mind discussing new thoughts or things heard in the news relating to tcc? I Still see ttc as a learning process, maybe more so because of my conditions and like trying new things and watching for news. But if people do not like that I would not post.
Anyway, I hope I may join you girls:flower:

Hi to the new ladies.
Have you looked at aiding managing your conditions with lifestyle choices Ginergersnaps?
The drawing in evenings are helpful for bd ;) hope they bring you good happenings.
Sharing thoughts and ideas I welcome reading and I expect others do to.

Helloooo! Welcome to the newbs! I'm still pretty new around here as well. Always love the over 40 threads! :) Lots of luck you you all!

Hello all,
I am not a newbie to babyandbump but am an on and off poster.
The reason for that is that I have been ttc since 2003. Yep, 2003. Have not been on b&b that long but with such a long time looking at pee sticks and timing things I need to take a break occasionally for mental health.
I am gulp 42 now but began when I was 33.
I will condense my story but basically it was pretty easy ttc the first few years but they all ended in miscarriage. Then I went through a period with no bfp's.
Had some undiagnosed conditions that now make sense as the cause, as all three conditions are related to infertility and miscarriages: hypothyroidism, celiacs and endometriosis.
For more recent stats, I have not had good luck lately - a chemical pregnancy in sept 2010, right after I began thyroid meds, another chemical in May 2011.
My partner and I both need to travel sometimes for work or family reasons, so not every month it is possible to bd or bd a good amount. This month I am rather hopeful, I had good timing and plentiful fertile cm, so once again am watching the clock.
I looked at this thread a bit today and went back to May 2012.
Is it ok to symptom spot on the thread? Do people mind discussing newspaper thoughts or things heard in the news relating to tcc? I Still see ttc as a learning process, maybe more so because of my conditions and like trying new things and watching for news. But if people do not like that I would not post.

Anyway, I hope I may join you girls:flower:

I have had 7 pgs total with 3 live births and I still feel as though there is always more to learn!! Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->