Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

Hello Ladies!!! sorry i've been missing for so long. It's been a busy few weeks.

welcome to all the new ladies, wow it's been busy on here. I'm sorry you're having to join us, but hope your journey will be a quick one.

Never2late, i'm so sorry you're ivf was changed to iui, must have been so disappointing. But you never know, this may do the trick. It only takes one little egg x

Soontobe dont feel that you've bullied your dh, I'm sure he's doing it because he wants to. I do understand that if dh's results are ok then you'll feel to blame. This is exactly how I feel, although dh doesn't blame me at all. Hugs xx

Garnet nice to see you xx

Thanks to the ladies posting with their BFP's. it's great to hear some positive stories.

AFM- snowbaby didn't work. That was our last ivf/FET so will just keep trying naturally. Thanks for thinking of me girls xx

sorry about Snowbaby Donna.. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello Ladies!!! sorry i've been missing for so long. It's been a busy few weeks.

welcome to all the new ladies, wow it's been busy on here. I'm sorry you're having to join us, but hope your journey will be a quick one.

Never2late, i'm so sorry you're ivf was changed to iui, must have been so disappointing. But you never know, this may do the trick. It only takes one little egg x

Soontobe dont feel that you've bullied your dh, I'm sure he's doing it because he wants to. I do understand that if dh's results are ok then you'll feel to blame. This is exactly how I feel, although dh doesn't blame me at all. Hugs xx

Garnet nice to see you xx

Thanks to the ladies posting with their BFP's. it's great to hear some positive stories.

AFM- snowbaby didn't work. That was our last ivf/FET so will just keep trying naturally. Thanks for thinking of me girls xx

So sorry Donna. Good luck with trying naturally

Hi hope everyone is well. I am off on holiday soon, unfortunately AF is due while I'm away :growlmad: and next month DH is away at the crucial time so pinning my hopes on this month. I'm hoping I can just relax and not worry about whether AF will show up or not. Be back soon to catch up. Take care ladies :hugs:

Donna, like the other ladies, very sorry to hear. I was in a similar place a few months ago after all the failed and expensive treatments, then TTCN and self-dosing.

And good luck Willow.

Hi all, after a birthday last week I decided to hunt down a new doc as my regular one moved away at Xmas last year. So got a new GP and she immediately gave us a referral to the FS and sent me off for a bunch of bloodwork. Hopefully the start of something positive!

Hi all, after a birthday last week I decided to hunt down a new doc as my regular one moved away at Xmas last year. So got a new GP and she immediately gave us a referral to the FS and sent me off for a bunch of bloodwork. Hopefully the start of something positive!

That's great news ,good luck :hugs::hugs:

That's great news ,good luck :hugs::hugs:

Thanks....kind of good and bad! The next available appointment is end of October...:shrug:

It's been awhile since I have posted anything, but have been quietely reading everyone's posts. i am so sorry for all who have had a BFN, I know how you feel and my heart goes out to you all. I am going in on Friday to have my laperoscopy and hysteroscopy. Am nervous and relieved at the same time. Maybe there will be some answers that we can have answered. If all is well, then we can go for one moer IUI (we have enought meds to go through and IUI, but not enough money to go for another IVF at this point). We have had to pay for everything out of pocket like so many couples and I know that has added to the stress (that includes all vitamins of course, acutpuncture, part of our therapy, etc). Has anyone on this thread gone through both surgeries at once, and did you get a BFP fairly soon afterward? Let me know your experiences!!! Thank you ahead for any input!

It's been awhile since I have posted anything, but have been quietely reading everyone's posts. i am so sorry for all who have had a BFN, I know how you feel and my heart goes out to you all. I am going in on Friday to have my laperoscopy and hysteroscopy. Am nervous and relieved at the same time. Maybe there will be some answers that we can have answered. If all is well, then we can go for one moer IUI (we have enought meds to go through and IUI, but not enough money to go for another IVF at this point). We have had to pay for everything out of pocket like so many couples and I know that has added to the stress (that includes all vitamins of course, acutpuncture, part of our therapy, etc). Has anyone on this thread gone through both surgeries at once, and did you get a BFP fairly soon afterward? Let me know your experiences!!! Thank you ahead for any input!

Ok. Let me help you out here. I just had lap and hysteroscopy last month both together. I tried naturally a couple days ago but don't know what the result will be. Anyway, that is not the point.
Let me save you some agonizing pain!
They didn't tell me that for the first 24 hrs after the procedure to stay lying down as much as possible (not that you really want to do anything else). The point is, lying down flat is supposed to help the gases disperse.
I did not know this and felt fine 3 days after the procedure but on the 4th day, I had unbelievable neck and shoulder pain!!!
I found out that you are really supposed to lay flat as long as you can so the gases don't rise up to your neck and shoulder area. It is painful!
Good luck!!!!!!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi,
I'm new here and love all the positive comments and thoughts. I was so depressed this morning. I found out my hospital (Kaiser) only does IVF up to 42 years of age. I had my 45 birthday a couple of weeks ago. I went through 6 years of clomid, etc., basically everything but IVF. So, I said to myself, "That's ok, it's all going to be natural, ok, that's ok" I started thinking about my mother, grandmothers, and my sisters. My mother had me when she was 42. My grandfather (on my moms side) was the youngest of 12, so his mom had to be in her 40's right? (this is where you say, "yes!") And my granny, (dad's mom) had her twelfth child in her 40's. I have a message out to my Uncle asking him her age. When I find out, I'll let you know. I am the youngest of 6. One of my sisters had her son when she was 42 (She got married in Dec. and got pregnant in Feb!) and my other sister (and her dh) got nervous they would conceive after babysitting my new nephew (when she was 44,) that her dh got a vasectomy! This is all positive to me. When I told my "newly wed" sister (at the time) that my dh and I were told by the docs, when to, (you know) and how often, she said, "No, man, you got to do it all the time!" (Sorry for being graphic) Anyway, I am now going to pretend I am 18 and my dh is 20! Now I just have to convince him that he really isn't as tired as he thinks... (sorry if my post is too graphic)

Hi to the new people and sorry to all those :witch: got. AF is supposed to be here today and isn't but I would be completely shocked if she just isn't late. I'm pretty sure that we didn't BD during the time we needed to. Plus I feel crampy. I got AF early last month so my guess is I'll get her late this month and be back on track for Friday. Is what it is!

Hi,
I'm new here and love all the positive comments and thoughts. I was so depressed this morning. I found out my hospital (Kaiser) only does IVF up to 42 years of age. I had my 45 birthday a couple of weeks ago. I went through 6 years of clomid, etc., basically everything but IVF. So, I said to myself, "That's ok, it's all going to be natural, ok, that's ok" I started thinking about my mother, grandmothers, and my sisters. My mother had me when she was 42. My grandfather (on my moms side) was the youngest of 12, so his mom had to be in her 40's right? (this is where you say, "yes!") And my granny, (dad's mom) had her twelfth child in her 40's. I have a message out to my Uncle asking him her age. When I find out, I'll let you know. I am the youngest of 6. One of my sisters had her son when she was 42 (She got married in Dec. and got pregnant in Feb!) and my other sister (and her dh) got nervous they would conceive after babysitting my new nephew (when she was 44,) that her dh got a vasectomy! This is all positive to me. When I told my "newly wed" sister (at the time) that my dh and I were told by the docs, when to, (you know) and how often, she said, "No, man, you got to do it all the time!" (Sorry for being graphic) Anyway, I am now going to pretend I am 18 and my dh is 20! Now I just have to convince him that he really isn't as tired as he thinks... (sorry if my post is too graphic)

Not graphic at all, trust me. (take a look at all the smilies) TMI is commonplace on the BnB. :haha: Is there another place you can go to get IVF done?

I really like reading here because of the variety of stories and the fact everyone accepts that someone in their 40s is entitled to try to TTC if they want. Def not the attitude everywhere out there, is it?

Jenslaura will you try to find another provider that will do IVF?

i just turned 40 this past June & I have been trying over 3 years with one MC. Its a battle but today I was thinking that I am taking a new approach. Going to lose some weight so that will make me feel better,. and have as much sex as possible!!! Seriously that can't possibly hurt!! but only make me feel better. I will do another round of IUI in a month or so, take it easy and then by my 41st I am going to due one invitro if that doesnt work. I am going to try and acceptt my fate.. Good Luck to everyone I will continue to post my details as they come about/ This month we are just doing OPK and timing intercourse no assisttance! No bills!!!

Hi,

Hi and welcome to bnb and yes def it's possible ,am also 45 and am determined to get pregnant naturally ,also use softcups after intercourse and I temp as well to confirm ovulation and use ovulation predictor kits ,also having intercourse around the fertile time and maybe take some vitamins for you and hubby and to be in the best place possible both physically and emotionally :thumbup:Hope this isn't too much and good luck :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I often think about the 'do it all the time' comment as when I have got pregnant it was with none timed BD. So I kinda of think the body may indicate one thing but do another and frequent say every 3 days BD covers the bases if ovulation varies plus you get healthier sperm maybe as regular brewing of them occurs.

Thank you for all the positive feedback. I am having fun trying to figure out all the abbreviations for terms, AF, BNB, etc...

Twotogo and Maddy40, no I won't be able to go anywhere else for IVF, too old, or have to have an egg donor (can't they check mine :growlmad:) and that was a big no from dh.

But I have positive news...I heard back from my Uncle and he told me that my grandmother had my Aunt when she was 42, and him when she was 45! All these pregnancies, stated in my last post and here were all natural! :happydance: So, again, I believe all of this is encouraging for all of us!!

Bravemom, thank you for your recommendations. I have never heard of "softcup" I googled it, and will try it!

Thank you for all the positive feedback. I am having fun trying to figure out all the abbreviations for terms, AF, BNB, etc...

Twotogo and Maddy40, no I won't be able to go anywhere else for IVF, too old, or have to have an egg donor (can't they check mine :growlmad:) and that was a big no from dh.

But I have positive news...I heard back from my Uncle and he told me that my grandmother had my Aunt when she was 42, and him when she was 45! All these pregnancies, stated in my last post and here were all natural! :happydance: So, again, I believe all of this is encouraging for all of us!!

Bravemom, thank you for your recommendations. I have never heard of "softcup" I googled it, and will try it![/

If you want to travel there are some clinics across the US that will do ivf after 42. But honestly I bet you'll do fine on your own.

Still no AF but negative tests today. I'm just hoping that my cycles aren't getting weird on me again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->