Is this normal for a 1 year old baby

thegoldminer

Reaction score
Hi, my grandson now 1 year 1 month was here Saturday night. There was a drink coaster that usually sits on the end table and he has seen it before and picked it up. Saturday night it was on the floor about 5 feet away and right below another end table. He picked it up and instead of putting it on the closest end table, he walked over and put it were it belonged. Then he is watching his 4+ brother play the WII game and crawls under the end table where we kid the controllers on a recharger, gets the second controller and walks over to the flat screen tv and is aiming the controller at the screen, pushing buttons and making sounds like he is working the game.

I just found it amazing to watch all this and wondered if it these are normal actions for a 1 year old. He watches everything his brother does, is very inquisitive, just amazes me. Thanks to anyone for their time on this. the grandfather.:flower:

children copy, they learn like a sponge, soak everything up they see and then try and do it themselves,
your grandson sounds like he loves his big brother, he has a great role model to follow,
every child develops at different stages, so there is no right or wrong, but sounds like he is a fast learner!

I agree it is totally normal! Emma often does this with the TV remote. And not a good habit for her to pick up but she has watched me bang the remote on the couch when it doesn't want to work. So now she bangs it on the couch before pointing it towards the TV. :dohh::haha:

James does it too (hes 19 months) when DH is playin his games...children do copy. :)

yep a few months ago Zander had the remote and was pointing it at the tv and got mad when it wouldnt do anything :haha:

i must say my wee boy does these things and has done for a few months. he likes to have a controller when my daughter is playing the wii and goes upto the tv and waves it about lol he will also give you things he finds on the floor and of recent noticed he can follow basic commands (he isnt talking yet and only makes sounds and garbles) this morning my OH said Zander give daddy the control over (referring to remote for tv) and low and behold he went over to the table it was on and brought it back to him! we were amazed lol i believe alot is to do with my daughter and him watching her.

Absolutely amazing, and totally normal :D

It's a wonderful age :flower:

my son is the same age and does exactly the same, totally have a proud mummy moment everytime. he knows how to switch the tv on, the wii and the playstation! he puts things where they are meant to be, which is so cute and i hope is a sign that he will be a tidy and neat boy unlike his daddy lol!

they learn so much so fast dont they? its brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->