• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is/was your LO a really bad sleeper? support and advise thread!

Sadly no sttn here! We now have 2 canines cutting after the nightmare of the molars. Obviously that means sleep is terrible! We had 2 glorious nights of only waking twice - only 1 of those after I went to bed :happydance: but last night was back to every 1.5-2 hours :dohh::wacko:

LO is so active all day now that I never really get the chance to come on bnb much anymore. I do keep hoping that everyone is having sleep improvements but that doesn't really seem to be happening judging by the updates I've managed to read. Boooo!

:hugs: to everyone, I'm still here in spirit and in sleep deprivation even though I don't post much! :flower:

Oh Firefly :hugs::hugs: to you,it' so hard isn't it?! allthough your nights of only 2 wake ups sound blissful,just a shame they are not consistent!:wacko:
Sleep is still very hit and miss here and I don't think I have had more than a few hours sleep in a row:dohh:
I just keep praying that one day soon she will start sleeping better.
:hugs::hugs: to all.

Sadly no sttn here! We now have 2 canines cutting after the nightmare of the molars. Obviously that means sleep is terrible! We had 2 glorious nights of only waking twice - only 1 of those after I went to bed :happydance: but last night was back to every 1.5-2 hours :dohh::wacko:

LO is so active all day now that I never really get the chance to come on bnb much anymore. I do keep hoping that everyone is having sleep improvements but that doesn't really seem to be happening judging by the updates I've managed to read. Boooo!

:hugs: to everyone, I'm still here in spirit and in sleep deprivation even though I don't post much! :flower:

was thinking about you firefly the other day - still coming up to newcastle in march?
sorry about the teething, but those two night sound wonderful!!
:hugs:

Hi Kosh! Yes the plan is still to come up in March - probably heading up around the 25th and then will be staying for just over a week so would be great to meet for a coffee if it's possible :flower:

Claire, I was talking to my OH the other day and saying that I now genuinely can't remember what it was like to go to bed and sleep a full night with no interruptions. I have no idea whether I'd even be capable of sleeping for more than 3 hours without waking up these days!

We've been back to the osteopath in desperation as the sleeping had gone from being so much better after our appointments in October to being completely horrific again when the molars started coming in. The 2 great nights we had followed on from the first appointment again and then the canines decided it was party time. Gaaaaaahhhhh!!

We've been thinking quite seriously about night weaning now as I'm sure that it's one of the reasons he wakes so much and at 16 months I know he should be able to go for a decent amount of time without feeding. Everyone I know thinks that I'm insane not to have done it already but what if it doesn't stop him waking up and then I have no way of getting him back to sleep?!?!?

Yes Firefly, I know that I would wake up often even if I had the chance to sleep through.I think my body is just so used to broken sleep it wouldn't know what to do!!:wacko:

Reading you post about night weaning made me feel really anxious for some reason?:shrug:
I think it is because I worry about it also causing us more problems too and the thought of trying to get her off to sleep without boob fills me with horror:nope: tbh I don't really have a plan and I guess I'm just seriously winging it and hoping that one night she will just go to bed and not wake up!!:haha::haha: - we can live in hope right ?

We have had 2 wake ups already,so I'm not too hopeful about a great night,but also hoping she proves me wrong!:thumbup:

Oh Kosh and Firefly,I'm so jealous that you might be meeting up!:cry:
Would love to meet for real!:thumbup:
:flower:

Hello ladies!!

Sorry nobody's sleep has improved :wacko:

Alex had improved, although he's been a bugger to get off to sleep and a few occasions the last two weeks he's sat chatting to his teddies in his cot until gone 11, after going to bed at 7!! And from
There woke at 3, 6, & 7 then up for the day between 8.30 and 9.

I'm came down to my dads in cardiff Thursday night. I left at 7.45 hoping he would sleep in the car as its his bedtime. No such luck! He slept 8-8.30 then chattered away the rest of the journey. He refused to go anywhere near his travel cot, so was in with me, and even Then he only slept 1.30-3, & 4.30-8 :cry:

Last night my brother babysat and he was a nightmare for him. He refused to sleep and screamed bloody murder with big fat tears, again petrified to go near the cot, so they were sat downstairs eating ice lollies at 11pm when I came home :dohh:
So he was in with me again.

The last two nights he has woke at 3am on the dot and screamed for over half hour. Nothing could console him. Cuddles, dummy, bottle, nothing! Really awkward as he's waking my brother up and he had to be up early :nope:

Tonight he's had a temper tantrum so again he's in bed with me.

I think maybe his teeth are to blame. His molars are coming through, and he's got bright red cheeks, a runny nose and awful nappy rash. And he's been so grizzly today, which is very unlike him :nope:

One development though......he started walking yesterday!!! We were at my friends house having coffee and I saw him move out of the corner of my eye and he walked about 8 steps to her computer!! Hasn't stopped since! Only sad thing is OH isn't here with me, and I know he'd be gutted tools it so I'm not going to say anything and let him witness it himself at home and let him think its the first time lol

Hope you all have good nights ladies!!

He's also off his food, which is very unlike him??? I haven't been able to get a full meal down him for days. He's literally spitting all food out into his hand and mushing it everywhere? But he's been eating the odd bits like raisins and stuff but he even refused ice cream and chocolate today, which worried me?

What does everyone think? Teething or any other ideas???

No STTN here either I'm afraid. On the whole LOs sleep is better and we're into a much better routine but still no more than a 4 hour stretch if I'm lucky. I too am winging it and hoping that LO will eventually sttn without me having to do anything drastic. I've considered night weaning but no idea how to go about it. In fact I've considered stopping BF altogether as it's really starting to get a bit much. LO is going through a real clingy phase at the moment and wants me all the time. She won't let daddy do anything and I get 'mummy, mummy, mummy!' all day long. Who knew it was going to be so hard!

He's also off his food, which is very unlike him??? I haven't been able to get a full meal down him for days. He's literally spitting all food out into his hand and mushing it everywhere? But he's been eating the odd bits like raisins and stuff but he even refused ice cream and chocolate today, which worried me?

What does everyone think? Teething or any other ideas???

My LO goes off food when she's teething so that could be it. Since her molars have come through she's eating much better.

I feel for you mrs hedgehog - Alex is getting a bad case of separation anxiety at the moment, which I know is down to his age, but probably not helped by the fact I went back to work 5 weeks ago :-(

Oh Gemma,Mrshedgehog and everyone else still on this thread :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Gemma,I would put the lack of interest in food down to teething too,lucy has done the same thing with her teeth and then starts eating again in a day or too. perhaps the fact he has also started walking has put his sleep to pot too? too much to do to be bothered with sleeping!:haha: we should meet up soon so they can run around together!:thumbup:
As for the travel cot,I have to contend with this one soon as I'm going away for a couple of weeks in April.........just don't know how I'm going to get her to sleep in it????:wacko:
our night was ok I think.....can't really remember:haha: has a lie in,as DF took her 1st thing so I feel human!:thumbup:
:hugs::hugs: to all.
xx

Gemma, I would say the lack of eating is due to teething too. We had this on and off the whole time the molars were coming in, then the beginning of last week LO ate like a piglet and then the last couple of days where more teeth are cutting he won't eat anything again. He'll decide to eat really random things too while refusing favourites. Today he's eaten some dried apple rings, maybe a 1/4 piece of toast and that's it. He's not even that interested in the boob which is very odd for him!

As for the night weaning we've decided to try the Dr Jay Gordon approach as it seems to be the gentlest method that I can find. The idea of it gives me a knot in my stomach but I really don't feel like there's a lot of choice :nope:
Mrs Hedgehog, we've also got the insane clingyness and demand for boob the whole time recently and it's getting to me too. I just feel a bit trapped, I still enjoy bfing but the constant demand os getting really tiring and means I can never get any 'me' time, but his eating is still so variable that I'm really worried he'll stop gaining weight without it. He's not huge anyway - only 25th centile....oh :dohh::dohh: I don't know what to do!

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a bf rant :blush:

We had a horrible night last night with loads of wake ups and then up for the day at 6 after not going to bed until 8. He woke up at 4am and I gave him some nurofen, got him back to sleep and then I couldn't get back to sleep at all. For some reason 4am is my witching hour...if I get woken up around then I end up really struggling to fall asleep again. OH is ill but he got up at 7 and let me go to bed for a couple of hours this morning so I feel slightly less rubbish than I did.

Claire (and everyone else), would love to be able to meet up too. I keep trying to work out if it would be possible but haven't come up with any genius ideas so far! :flower:

I managed to get him to have a bit of weetabix this morning and we are currently in the pub with a kids meal winging its way to him - let's see how much of it he leaves :haha:

He refused point blank to go near the travel cot so I had to go to bed with him at half nine ish. He slept until 2, but wouldn't got back to sleep until 4.30, then slept until 8.15. Typically I didn't get to sleep until gone 1, and 5 so I've only had just over 4 hours and I've got to do the 3 hour drive back home, no doubt with him screaming in the back :wacko:

Firefly, its says you live in Hampshire, is staines easy for you to get to? That's where me and Claire met before so maybe you could join us one Saturday morning soon? :thumbup:

Good idea Gemma about meeting in Staines! Firefly, let us know if you would be up for that?!:flower:

Never ending here. First septic tonsillitis, then 12 month jabs, measles rash and temperature, now 2 more huge teeth coming ... Zzzzzz!

Gemma ... Ava always goes on hunger strike when she's teething.x

Claire, we're having a boy! Probably our last one, this pregnancy is killing me. OH is having to do most night time wakes as my SPD is so bad now I can barely get out of bed, let alone lift her out of her cot. A pain because she settles twice as fast for me so I lie in bed wide awake, feeling totally useless!

She went down at 7.30 and hasn't woken yet which is a good start for us!xx

Never ending here. First septic tonsillitis, then 12 month jabs, measles rash and temperature, now 2 more huge teeth coming ... Zzzzzz!

Gemma ... Ava always goes on hunger strike when she's teething.x

Claire, we're having a boy! Probably our last one, this pregnancy is killing me. OH is having to do most night time wakes as my SPD is so bad now I can barely get out of bed, let alone lift her out of her cot. A pain because she settles twice as fast for me so I lie in bed wide awake, feeling totally useless!

She went down at 7.30 and hasn't woken yet which is a good start for us!xx

Oh LuLu, that sounds an awful run of things!
So were the 12 month jabs tough? we haven't had them yet or the MMR due to having to be refered to a paediatrician about the MMR.I'm dreading it TBH.
Lovely that you are having a boy - one of each!! lol I'm sorry you are having a tough time with the SPD.:nope:

:hugs:

She was a trooper for the jabs, only whingey for the third one. She came up,in the measles rash after about 5 days but it didn't bother her and went after 2 days. She just had a temperature and was a bit snotty but as she has also only just recovered from her tonsilitis, it could have been that. My whooping cou jab was worse, I'm still waiting for my arm to g back to normal!

Ava slept last night! 7.30 pm until 7am!! No tears at bedtime and a happy camper this morning who ate all her breakfast. I felt groggy because of the sleep! We have just had a huge tantrum about nap time but she has finally dropped off for her usual 20 minutes!xx

Wow LuLu!! that's a great sleep! I have never had this and look forward to the day it happens! although I know I won't sleep through as I'm not used to it.
Lucy was good with all her other jabs with hardly any crying,so I'm hopeful she doesn't react too badly to these ones.:wacko:

How's everyone elses nights?
Ours are pretty standard,sleep for 2-3 hours at a time. Not terrible but not fantastic - enough to get by on! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->