Isobel / Isabel / Isabelle

lucilou

Cooking again!
Reaction score
What spelling would you think is most obvious?

I really don't want my kids ot have to spell out their names all the time, so if you heard the name, how would you 'expect' it to be spelled? Also, would that be the spelling you would choose for your baby?

Isabelle first. Isabel is kind of common too I think. But Isobel would really throw me off & it doesn't look as pretty.

I would expect to see it spelt Isabelle and it would be the spelling I would choose too.

x

Isabelle for me too..DS2 was going to b named this if he was a Girl..very pretty name..x

Isobel - Because that is how my friend spells it, so I always think of it spelt like this xx

I like Isabel. When it's spelled Isobel, it makes me want to pronouce it like eye-so-bell. :dohh:

I like Isobel the most, but think Isabelle is most common. Lovely name either way!

I would say Isabelle is the most common spelling and that's the one I would choose myself xx

Thanks everyone - I am leaning towards Isobel, as somehow it just looks more traditional. Although Isabelle looks nice and girly....

it's a tricky business!

I like the traditional spelling of names, however with my little one we went with isabel, as my husband is dyslexic and found it easiest!!! However, most people we've come across instinctively spell it like this, and the rest have looked at me gone out when i've had to correct them. If you want to know and you're interested, Isabelle is the spanish version, and the oldest i think, isobel is the scottish version, and isabel is the english version, or that's what i read anyway!!!

I like the traditional spelling of names, however with my little one we went with isabel, as my husband is dyslexic and found it easiest!!! However, most people we've come across instinctively spell it like this, and the rest have looked at me gone out when i've had to correct them. If you want to know and you're interested, Isabelle is the spanish version, and the oldest i think, isobel is the scottish version, and isabel is the english version, or that's what i read anyway!!!

thanks! I had a feeling Isobel was more popular in Scotland...

Isobel, spelt this way, is number one on our list....

Well i'm going to throw a spanner in the works and i would spell it Isobelle :D

So its a bit of Isobel and Isabelle haha x

Well i'm going to throw a spanner in the works and i would spell it Isobelle :D

So its a bit of Isobel and Isabelle haha x

Nice! I've seen you can also spell it Ysobel/Ysabel but I am already struggling with three choices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->