It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

My GP insisted last time that if we did conceive again that we have an early scan as I have already had one ectopic and a late MC so they will monitor me every 2 weeks until 12wks then every month until 26weeks - so if all goes ok baby and me will glow in the dark!!!
Due 8 August 2011

thats really good hun but am sure all will be ok good luck xxx

I'm afraid that patience is not something I have much of either Stork, but something you really, really need in the first 12 weeks. It is so darn difficult.

I set myself milestones each week - something to look forward to or to work towards. This week I have my Daddy coming to stay and I had booked myself in for a prenatal treatment rather than my usual massage. I get that at lunchtime, and cannot wait! Maybe you should set yourself goals, Stork? At least Christmas prep will keep you occupied to an extent.

I am very excited that I will be announcing a week tomorrow - well, the Christmas cards with the announcement will go out next Thurs, so folk will start getting them on Saturday. And, I have a big party to go to - close friends joint 30th, so can tell people there too!

Ink - I am feeling good today - had a lovely yarn with my SiL last night, really lovely to have someone who doesn't mind talking babies so much and who has the same frustrations/worries/upsets as I do with regards MiL!!! It always turns into a therapy session!

That is a fabulous date! I was born 8 August 1981 - cor, that's my 30th birthday!

It will make the time pass much quicker for you, Donna - having reassurance checks every couple of weeks. When will you see your doctor?

Going to book appointment for end of week and then it will only be just over a week to having scan. I will ask to be induced again as had problems in last few weeks with LO don't want a repeat of that.

If you get induced will it be before due date? Or will you be able to guarantee such a superior birthdate for your bubba?!

You are lucky if you can get scans at short notice - our clinics are fully booked way in advance!

we have an EPU unit 20miles away and they are very good, our daughter was a week early , so roughly the same timescale for this one .

I'm afraid that patience is not something I have much of either Stork, but something you really, really need in the first 12 weeks. It is so darn difficult.

I set myself milestones each week - something to look forward to or to work towards. This week I have my Daddy coming to stay and I had booked myself in for a prenatal treatment rather than my usual massage. I get that at lunchtime, and cannot wait! Maybe you should set yourself goals, Stork? At least Christmas prep will keep you occupied to an extent.

I am very excited that I will be announcing a week tomorrow - well, the Christmas cards with the announcement will go out next Thurs, so folk will start getting them on Saturday. And, I have a big party to go to - close friends joint 30th, so can tell people there too!

Ink - I am feeling good today - had a lovely yarn with my SiL last night, really lovely to have someone who doesn't mind talking babies so much and who has the same frustrations/worries/upsets as I do with regards MiL!!! It always turns into a therapy session!

LOL its nice to have a good SIL that you can talk to mine lives in Connecticut so its rather expensive but email is the only way and thats not the same. i wish i had someone closer to talk to too but i dont feeling a little nrevous this cycle for some reason but there got to wait til monday to find out x

Hi Ladies :flower:

Glad to hear everyone is well this :cold: day. Do we all have snow? The Midlands has it and it's still snowing a bit. Glad I don't have work today :happydance:

Ink, sounds like it could be promising for you this month - you might be next! :thumbup:

Afternoon girls, hows everybody doing?
Donna has it sunk in yet?!:happydance:
Spent the first part of the morning with oh which was nice, he didn't have to be in work until 12.30. But he had to leave slightly earlier to go to see his Nanna as she is having problems with her stair lift. When he got there he was having to shout through the letter box to talk to her cos she was stuck uptairs. Poor soul was frightened cos she thought the only way she'd be able to get down was step by step on her bum. Oh mum is having to leave work to go over to her as shes the only one with a key to get in. She really shouldn't be living on her own but refuses to leave her own home which is understandable but I think she's getting to the point where she doesnt have a choice, she keeps falling aswell. Its an awfyl thing to get old isnt it.
This really is such a lucky thread, one by one the BFP are rolling in:happydance:. Ink, I have a feeling you may be next to be bitten by the it fell out BFP!!

Poor Granny! It is heartbreaking when they lose their independence, eh?

I agree, this thread is a lucky one! So stick with it girls and we'll all be getting fat together!

I just had my prenatal treatment - which is basically a back and shoulder massage with you resting bump on a bolster pillow one side first, then next and then a facial. She also put lovely cream on my stretchy bits to stop them marking! Was lovely and relaxing!

I could really do without work this afternoon - got a huge list of errands to run and want to go over to my cottage to turn the water off... Be midnight by the time I get home.

That sounds like youv'e had a well deserved treat. Midnight before you get home! You're going to be exhausted. You must be relying on a reserve tank of energy there girl! Are you turning the water off in case the pipes freeze?

Yeah, there have been a few reports of pipes freezing, so best get over and drain the water and turn it off before we have a disaster!

I am not sure where I am going to get the energy - it might be a struggle! At least I drive a camper van, so if worst comes to worst I can fold down the bed and have a snooze!

Are the roads in a bad way with the snow today?
Its bitterly cold here but we've still got no snow or ice so the roads are fine.

We are okay, it's more the ice as the snow has compacted and gotten slippery. It's just that the road I live down is not a priority road for gritting as there are only a few of us down there, and the village my cottage is in is at the foot of a big slippery hill! The snow stopped last night, at about half a foot - which is lots for us, but nothing compared with Perth and Dundee area! They are wading in it up to their thighs!

I love this extreme weather, but do feel sorry for everything living outside - I am going to rescue a poor duck who was abandoned at a freshwater loch which is frozen solid, so he has no food source. I have been feeding him, but he needs the body heat and company of my wak waks!

Not really sunk in yet , give it a couple of days and I'm sure shock and madness will have descended. :haha:

Stina, I've been thinking the same today about the poor creatures that are living outside. I've been feeding our feathered friends daily and I wonder how the poor things keep themselves warm, especially at night :nope:

Have seen Woody our woodpecker a couple of times again today, he (or she!) really is beautiful x

I love that someone else cares! A lot of the smaller birds really struggle to keep warm - we put up roost boxes for them to help, and half the village pigeons share my ducks house, along with the robin! Its the small ones who die quickest, like the wrens - they need to eat constantly and without enough fuel in their bellies they can't stay warm.

My poor lonely wak wak has lost his two buddies in the bad weather - not sure if they died or if they flew off, but this wee guy really needs someone to take him to warmth and plentiful foods! And that is what I intend to do!

Super Stina to the rescue!

oh Stina youre a woman after my own heart! I'm glad there are still good people around that will put themselves out for a creature in need. I worry about how the wildlife cope in extreme conditions, we think we've got it tough!!
It's good to know we're doing our bit girls by at least ensuring our feathered friends have enough to eat.
Stina are your ducks just kept as pets or for eggs?

They are pets - very free range pets! They decided that they'd prefer to find their own shelter and just to come to me for food... Although we are in the process of catching them up to keep them inside, as we had an accident with one this year (duckling was caught by an otter), and we want to keep them safe.

We are also worried about their reproduction rate! This year two pairs produced TWENTY FIVE ducklings! Of which, 22 are left - so that would mean hundreds next year! So we'll need to do the opposite of what this thread is trying to do - try not to conceive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->