It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

I wanna come live with you! Loads of ducks as pets, how fantastic!
How do you stop them breeding?

Erm... I think we might have to separate the boys from the girls, or maybe interfere with the eggs. At least if they are enclosed we will be able to monitor what is going on - last year we knew they were incubating, but had no clue where or how many! The other thing is if they breed in the enclosure we can tame the ducklings from the start, making them more suitable for passing on to a new owner. But I hate giving animals away - I am firmly of the belief that if I bring an animal into the world it is my responsibility to ensure it has the best quality of life, which made having Spice's litter of pups quite difficult! Thankfully each pup went to a fabulous home and I have regular updates...

So I guess you can't 'fix' a duck like you can with a cat for example? When we took in our rescue cat with her babies it was really difficult to rehome as I think I was probably being to fussy! I'd never have forgiven myself if the two that went had not gone to good homes but thankfully my brother had one and a very dear friend of my mums had the other and then we kept the two that were left. I'd like to rescue more animals but we haven't really got the space.

Mr Windswept's problem is that we do have the space - I'd take more on in an instant!

I'd absolutely love a parrot/macaw, but it would be quite impractical with a clean freak hubby. I'd also take on any dog that needed loving, but 3 is more than enough in the house - Mr W keeps talking about getting a spaniel and a pointer for working the estate and putting them in the kennels, but I would get too involved and move them indoors! One thing is for certain, we'll never have another cat!

I would love a giant house rabbit though! Maybe Baby W will want one when they are old enough to ask?!

You'll have to make sure you get little one on side then send them to daddy to ask for more pets:haha:.

Evening ink, I can't get warm! Heating is on full blast but it's making no difference. We've got a cellar which doesn't help keeping the house warm plus oh still hasn't got round to putting all the skirting boards down, it's drafty!
How's things with you? Had a good day?

aww poor you wrap yourself up in a blanket hun or bring the quilt down xx
ive had a really weird day i havent really felt awake all day and have felt really tired, and so nervous this cycle as i normally at least 8 days beofre af is due have really really sore boobs and nipps but i have nothing and my af is due either in two days or four days ( 24-27) and tonight my boobs have been tingly and what feels like creeping which makes them feel like they are itchy and thats it apart from feeling sick at night time now which started last night with gagging straight after dinner and the lightheaded got me today where i couldnt finish the ironing ( good excuse ha!) but none of that is like me at all and as for not having sore boobs im hoping thats down to taking the soy from cd3-7 at 9pm every night, i wish i knew now but i only have boots tests in and i think that they are too high imu to pick anything up this early as im not 14dpo until 6th dec should i wait that long ?

I gotta ink it really sounds v promising. The tiredness and sickness are a really good sign aren't they. I'm not going to be surprised if you get a BFP!:happydance:. If I was getting your symptoms I reckon I'd be peeing on a stick right now:haha:. Would it be worth trying the boots test or could you get to the shops to get a different brand?

Hello ladies!
It's been a good while since I've been on.
How's everybody been?

I believe this is my month.
AF is scheduled on Dec 10, but I feel like she's going to arrive any minute.
I just feel weird.
Lets hope this is it.

Baby dust to all!
:dust:

I gotta ink it really sounds v promising. The tiredness and sickness are a really good sign aren't they. I'm not going to be surprised if you get a BFP!:happydance:. If I was getting your symptoms I reckon I'd be peeing on a stick right now:haha:. Would it be worth trying the boots test or could you get to the shops to get a different brand?

Hiya hun just thought i would update you and thank you for the message back. I did a sneaky test this morning first thing but it was negative so will try again in a few days what i woudl really like to do is get a frer but i cant get one round here so frustrating but hey im cd23 to day so only tomorrow or in a couple of days to wait. Am still feeling sicky, tired, disrtupted sleep, headachy, cramping which seems really low down and mainly really low left at times, boobs feel huge,( but OH hasnt said anything i think he doesnt want to get his hopes up as he has noticed i dont push him away when he touches my boobs), my boobs are not sore anywhere at all - now this is getting me really excited and i know i shouldnt but its a HUGE difference for me as the normal kill me very low back ache , gagging not often but it s there and now needing my bed a 5pm !!!!!. so i will let you know as soon as i do not too keen on the boots ones buts that all i can get when OH isnt about as he doesnt want me testing at all !!!!!

Good morning ladies, we've had a little bit of snow:happydance:, only a light covering but it looks so pretty! How's everybody doing?
I'm rooting for you ink, got everything crossed!
Welcome back Britt, glad to hear you've got plenty of pma.

thank you toots all good so far, although a negative test but will try again when oh at work in a couple of days. we have loads of snow and its still falling very pretty makes mr want to put tree up but not going too as it will be gone in a couple of days i recon.
how is everyone ? xxxx

Morning ladies! Had a hectic morning so far - my handbrake froze on this morning, then I went over to my wee cottage (didn't go last night as energy reserves had run out), and discovered the pipes have frozen :( Mr Windswept is there now trying to coax them to defrost without bursting, but I hate to think what mess will be caused if it doesn't work... The whole bay in front of our house was frozen over - it's the sea for goodness sake - it shouldn't freeze! So, it is pretty chilly all in all!

Brittbrat - great that you are so positive, same for you Ink... I'm excited by your symptoms and can't wait for Mr Ink to go to work so you can get testing again!!!

My tummy is getting bigger and bigger and I am down to one top that suitably covers my belly (and that I can wear in this weather). More snow forecast when we are heading to Inverness - and the road through Skye is not the best when it's snowing - I pray that we get to go so I can get more clothes!!!

aww hun i hope you do get to get some more clothes and that snow stays away til you have shopped and you are nice a warm at home.
Talking of home i hope those pipes do get unfrozen with the least amount of disruption hun xx

Hey Stina, my god it must be cold where you are if even sea water is freezing! I saw on the news at lunchtime a place in Scotland is the coldest part of britain at the moment with a crazy temp of about -24! How did mr w get on with the pipes?

Yeah, Altnaharra - you wouldn't want to live there! I thought our minus 12 was bad enough! This reminds me of my times in Iceland...

Mr W couldn't get it defrosted, so he's switched the water off and drained what he could to minimise the damage, but I'm not convinced it won't be wet when we get over there next...

How are we today Ladies? I am excited about Daddy coming to stay tomorrow! I love my Daddy.

I hope there's not going to be to much damage done, with any luck he's done enough to stop any probs. How long is your dad staying for?

He'll be here from Friday evening until first thing Monday morning, we're all getting the ferry together... Not long, but it'll be so nice to see him. Also, he won't have his girlf and Mr W is out most of the weekend, so we can do 'daddy-daughter' stuff - we share a lot of interests and never get a chance to do them!

Have you got any plans this weekend?

Hey ladies. Today's been good. I thought AF had arrived today. But she still hasn't shown her witchy face. :)

Windswept: I hope you can go get more clothes, lol! That's good that you'll get to spend some daddy-daughter time with your dad. I wish I was closer with my dad.

Toots: I wish it snowed here. The last time it snowed here was in 1989. I've always wanted a white Christmas. Guess I'll have to get out of FL for that, lol.

Inkd: I don't think I've ever talked to you. How long have you been TTC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->