It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Hi Stina :hi:

Firstly, belated Happy First Anniversary :wedding: That sounds a lovely weekend for you both. Glad you had a nice time and that all is well with :baby: When was your actual anniversary?

I already feel like I could do with a pillow to hug and put between my knees or something - feel like there's pressure on my hips lately, don't know whether it's a bit of stretching or something going on :shrug: I worry I disturb OH but he's seemed ok so far.

How much baby stuff have you got so far? x

Thanks Nat! Our anniversary was yesterday - 3 April... It was lovely to reminisce on our big day, it was so special!

I have one of those full length pillows that I rest bump on and that goes between my legs - it is great! But it is feels like there are 3 full sized people in the bed when I use it and Mr W is there!

We have most of the big things for bubba:
cot
crib
moses basket
pram/buggy/car seat all in one
nursery furniture (and nursery all decorated, ready)
baby carrier (back loading, for bigger bubba - still need front loading sling as we will be out and about a lot, I hope)
vests, babygros, socks, mittens, hats (but no clothes for outside the house)
some bedding, but not much as I want to decorate according to its sex (bought a sleeping bag and snuggle blanket yesterday)
Reusable nappies (TotsBots), and nappy bin

My MiL is busy collecting toiletries, so haven't bothered with those (although I'd rather use organic and know she won't be buying that). She's also knitting cardi after cardi, and my Dad's girlf is knitting shawls. My Mum is talking about getting us a bouncer thingy.

It's just wee things - but I want to get a theme going/buy according to sex cause I am so bored of creams, whites and yellows!

Also, need to find myself some maternity jammies and hospital bag - got all the pads, etc yesterday. Oh, and, I got new bras - gone from a size 34b to a 40d - couldn't believe it!

Have you bought anything yet, Nat? Are you going to stick to team yellow?

Cx

:hugs: hi girls, sorry I haven't been on here for a while but ive been having Internet troubles. I hope I haven't missed anything! I'll try and log on again later when I get home.

Hi Lou :flower: Good to hear from you, hope all is well with you :hugs:

Stina, I haven't bought a thing yet, I won't until after first scan :nope: I have got a few things upstairs that I've had free from pregnancy mags (some wipes, a sun shade for the car and some kind of buggy bag) But my mum has got a few things already - about 3 packs of nappies, some bibs, some bodysuits, scratch mitts, a little soft toy that rattles (v cute :hugs:) and she is crocheting a shawl! :haha: Mum and dad have offered to buy our travel system and OH's mum and sister are putting together to get our cot :thumbup: OH and I are starting to look at ideas of what we like, ie the colour theme we may do the nursery, nursery furniture etc. Reckon that, all being well at the scan, mummy and me may do a bit of shopping then :haha:

Meant to say earlier, my mum and dad had some brilliant news at the weekend - my dad has had a big win on the football pools :happydance: Nearly £15k!! So pleased for them as it gives them a bit of security as they approach retirement.

x

my af is due on thurs this week, you know my symptoms have been all so so different this month the biggest thing i have noticed is that my boobs are not sore, my nipples -YES !!!! ouch !, but no sore boobs thats weird, and i am really wet down there like teally wet and when i feel the let down keep running to bathroom to see if period has started as i have had period type cramping everyday since 6dpo so i dont know what to think and i have my last acupuncture appt this wed pm for this cycle so we will have to wait and see

Wow, lots of news to catch up on in here today!!

Nat- how wonderful for your mum and dad! I bet that'll give them some comfort in the coming years :) As for aching hips etc, I bought a DreamGenii pillow from Mamas and Papas (you can get them in Mothercare too and presumably online where they're probably cheaper!) and it is really comfortable, especially when you need something to rest your bump on as you get bigger ;) Glad to hear that you had a nice day yesterday too.

Stina- Happy Anniversary (belatedly!). Hope you and OH had a wonderful time. I can't believe how well prepared you are for bubba! We've been holding off until V Day to start buying anything major (which is Wednesday! Yay!) but I have a feeling that even then, I'm going to be a little bit cautious about buying things. I need to seriously start getting things though or our boy will be here and there'll be nowhere for him to sleep/sit in!! Oh, and I've had spots across my chest for a few weeks so at least I know it's not just me lol.

Lou- nice to see you pop back- hope you'll be able to come on for a chat again later :)

My day's been pretty ok- bubba is more active now which is good, as he had a quiet weekend (which I hate!).

hi i thought i best update,i've had a horrible day betas arent rising enough everthing is expained in my journal:cry:

Morning girls. Hope we're all doing ok this morning?

Today is my V Day, so I'm very excited! It feels like it's taken ages to get here in one way and in another, it's going so quick!
Have been playing music to bubba over the past couple of days and he loves it- favourite so far is Coldplay ;)

I'm ok... Just baffled. I will figure it out eventually though... :shrug: Glad you're alright!

Morning folks

So sorry to hear that things aren't going well Mama - keep us posted.

Kim - Happy V Day! Time to start shopping!

Well, all is well with me - except that stupid annoying things keep happening and I am really clumsy (Kim has seen my stupid antics on facebook). Had our first antenatal class yesterday - was good, but they really made Mr W feel out of place (letter said he was invited to 1st and 4th sessions, but they made him leave the room at times). Seeing the labour rooms was interesting - but a little scarey! Midwife kept going on about forceps and epiosiotomies - two of the many things a pregnant lady tries to avoid knowing too much about!!!

Just discovered a lovely catalogue of baby clothes - vertbaudet - and trying to choose unisex items, but it's so hard as I keep being swayed by pinks and blues...

morning girls glad you are all ok. as for me well two days away from period and all i have is what feels like period cramps since 6 dpo on and off and creamy wet cm and my last acupuncture for this cycle this afternoon so we will soon find out at least hopefully by the end of this week if its worked or not.
O the only different thing i have this time is sore nipples which i dont normally get so i dont know but will let you all know tho, hope you all have a good afternoon xx

morning girls glad you are all ok. as for me well two days away from period and all i have is what feels like period cramps since 6 dpo on and off and creamy wet cm and my last acupuncture for this cycle this afternoon so we will soon find out at least hopefully by the end of this week if its worked or not.
O the only different thing i have this time is sore nipples which i dont normally get so i dont know but will let you all know tho, hope you all have a good afternoon xx

Hi Ladies :flower:

Happy V Day Kim! :happydance: Big milestone :thumbup: Glad that :baby: seems to like his music already, how cute :hugs: I plan to start playing tunes to our little grape (our name for him/her at the moment :haha:) when s/he can hear.

Stina, it must all be starting to seem very real to you now with the antenatal classes starting. Why did they send Mr W out at times though? I've heard of Vertbaudet, will have to have a look at that a bit later on.

I'm still feeling fine all day but having restless nights :wacko: Had to get up twice to pee the last two nights now so it definitely seems there is getting more pressure on my bladder at night now :shrug: But it's fine in the day, I don't 'go' any more than usual during daytime :wacko: Had the aching hips, pins and needles and weird dreams again too! I dreamt something about scan photos last night, I'd got three photos but none of them were of the screen with the :baby: on, they were all of me just lying on the scanning bed!! I was planning on complaining and my mom was saying they must have a really cr@p photographer :haha: I was panicking in the dream saying that there must be something wrong if they wouldn't photograph the :baby:!! Bizarre :wacko:

Ink, keep us posted on how you get on. Feeling very 'wet' was a symptom for me so really hoping it's a positive sign for you too :thumbup:

x

Lol Nat- that really WOULD be a bad photographer if you only got given photos of you :haha: Glad you and grape are doing ok (are you following which fruit or veg your bubba is each week?!).

Inkd- fingers crossed that's a good sign! Hope your acupuncture goes well later :thumbup:

Hehe Stina, I'm still chuckling at your escapades :haha: Ooh wow, exciting that you've started your ante natal classes already! (I say already, but time is going on!). Hope your OH wasn't too put out at having to leave- wonder if they'll do that with mine?

Deafgal, sorry to hear you're still confused at the min- must be frustrating for you.

One of my friends is going through a rough patch at the moment. I'm usually fairly reasonable at giving advice to people (I tend to be someone my friends feel comfortable with going to for advice) but I'm genuinely stumped at what to say to this friend:
She is married, with 3 children- a boy and twins. She was on the pill but just found out that she is 4 weeks pregnant (it blows my mind after all we've gone through to get our BFPs that it can still happen like this for some people, but that's another story!). Her OH was adament that he didn't want any more children and is sticking by this now he knows about my friend. He's basically told her to 'deal with it' or he's going to leave, but there is no way she'd even consider it. She doesn't want to lose her husband though, obviously. I just don't know what to say to her for the best :nope:

Kim, the name 'Grape' has stuck since I read somewhere that :baby: was the size of a grape a couple of weeks ago :haha: S/he may be slightly bigger now (I've seen tickers saying 'prune' at the 10 week mark :haha:) but I just keep calling it Grape!

Oh dear about your friend, I don't know what I'd say to that either! Funnily enough one of my friends knew someone in a similar situation, she already had 3 and got pregnant with her 4th (accidentally on purpose though apparently!) and the hubby was adamant he didn't want anymore. But given time he has now come round I think so hopefully your friend's chap will be the same :thumbup: Hopefully it is just the initial shock for him and he will calm down.

I'm with you too - how on earth do these women conceive when taking birth control??!! :shrug:

Oooh, tough one to deal with Kim - I don't know what I'd say to that one either - perhaps he will calm down in time... Men can be so stubborn, but no woman should feel that she has to make that kind of decision.

Mr W was told to go and get a coffee when we were doing the relaxation techniques and pelvic floor exercises... Virtually the 2nd half hour of 2 hour session. I think it's cause the physio wanted to tell us that in order to test our pelvic floor muscles we should give a little squeeze when our OH is inside us... It makes me laugh that midwifes/obstetricians are so prudish around our men - how do they think we got pregnant in the first place?! I think Mr W has been put off going back to be honest - didn't help that everyone he's spoken to has laughed at him going... Why?!

Nat - the dreams are so vivid and real, aren't they? I have woken up numerous times and been really upset with poor Mr W cause he's done something bad in a dream! Also, have to admit to a lot of really naughty dreams!

I suppose I had better own up to one of my daft antics... Don't know if I can blame baby brain, but it didn't really help the mood when it happened! We have kennels, with big runs - but I have moved all the dogs inside since I met Mr W and so they sit empty. I put 4 ducks in one of them as they have loads of space and are safe and warm. I went to get their eggs on Monday, and as I closed the door behind me to stop them flying out, the latch closed and I was trapped. It was proper windy and wet, and I didn't have my mobile. We live in a teeny village, off any roads, and as it was such a crappy day, there was no-one out and about. The only lifelines were my MiL (who's house looks down on ours), but she was in a room at the other side of the house; my hubby coming home (but he was heading to a meeting and wouldn't be back until 7 pm - it was now 3.15 pm) and my FiL coming back to their house (probably not til after 6 pm). I was eventually saved at 5 pm by my MiL, who, incidentally had been watching me for over an hour wondering what I was doing!!! It was interesting to see how the dogs responded to my anxiety - Sula, my old girl, stayed by my side and barked for help when I asked her to; Spice, Mr W's old girl, found a bone and lay down to chew that and Whisp, our baby, went for a wee swim around the bay!

No harm done, but I feel really rather stupid - and was pretty baltic, wet and pretty exhausted when I got out! I never did get those eggs, as I didn't want to upset the ducks any more than I already had!

Today I knocked all the magazines off a shelf in a shop and dropped a box of chocolates into the dog's water bowl. Clumsy clumsy Stina!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->