• Archie - 5 days old 2.jpg
    Archie - 5 days old 2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Archie & Granda - 5 days.jpg
    Archie & Granda - 5 days.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9
Stina he's absolutely stunning - a proper Bonny wee Archie x
You both must be over the moon xx

Morning all, how's everybody doing today?
Oh my goodness stina you have an absolutely gorgeous little man there! You must be so in love with the little fellow:baby:. How are you finding your first few days of being a mum?

I'm really pleased today because my Apimist royal jelly, pollen, honey and propolis blend has arrived:happydance:. Can't wait to get started on it and hopefully it'll make a difference. It's bloody expensive but hopefully it'll be worth it. £16.70 for a 414gm jar!

Thanks Guys - I quite like him too!

I'm going to write up a full account of my caesarean experience at some point - I took notes whilst in hospital to do so. Might be a while before I get round to it though, so in the meantime:

We went into hospital at 2 pm on the Monday - had to wait nearly 2 hours for a bed! There is a bit of a baby boom on Lewis & Harris just now, and 6 ladies were discharged that day (maternity only has beds for 9 women). It was so busy! We settled in and I was seen by my consultant - scan showed still breech, and they were worried about fluid levels so threatened an emergency section that night. Thankfully that was not required. Saw the anaesthetist, and the nurses prepped me for the op (shaved my bikini line, measured me up for stockings, took bloods, etc). I slept okay, but was a little nervous about the next day!

When it came to the op, I wasn't too anxious or scared - I was more excited to meet my bubba! The spinal was not a pleasant experience for me, that was by far the worst bit of the procedure. When it eventually worked, I was wheeled into theatre and the fun began. Mr Windswept was amazing, for someone who can't watch Casualty for his fear of blood and needles! I knew exactly where they were working most of the time, and could feel the pressure and tugging as they took my baby out. He cried straight away, and so did I!

They held him over the screen for me to see - and a lasting memory will always be the sight of the umbilical cord and his swollen goulies - that's all I saw. And all I heard was, 'he's got red hair'! They took him to me once they'd cleaned him up a bit, and put him on my chest - he was so close due to the screen, that I couldn't see him properly. But from what I could see, he definitely wasn't a Kyle, Cameron, Ciaran or Connor... We both agreed that! He was taken away and up to maternity, along with Mr W. It took a while before they dealt with cysts (removed my womb to get a look at ovaries, which were clear, so verdict was that I had had endometreosis and the pregnancy had dissolved the cyst). I was meant to go into the recovery room for an hours sleep - I told them I wouldn't sleep and just to take me up! They did as I asked and I was back in my ward with my baby before long.

I feel I missed out on skin to skin contact at the birth, which makes me sad, but it hasn't done us any harm! We have it all the time now!

That night was the longest and most frustrating one of my life - so hot, attached to lots of machines and had a catheter in (which leaked) and had my wee one by my side but was unable to tend to him myself... The next day felt like the first day of the rest of my life - I was so delighted to be up and about and was getting lots of praise for how well I was moving about.

That's enough for now! Cx

Attachments

• P1020238.jpg
    P1020238.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 18
aww hun you looked so well straight after well done you and congratulations to you both he's beautiful xxxx lots of love from us all xxxxx

Oh Stina, he is absolutely gorgeous :kiss::hugs: What a handsome little fellow! You both must be so delighted.

Glad to hear the caesarean went well too and that you were up and about quickly and are now able to have lots of time with your little man :thumbup: I must admit, I really don't fancy an epidural, it is the one thing I think I will try to avoid unless absolutely necessary. I just don't like the thought of a needle in the spine at all :nope: But obviously it is necessary for a c-section unless you are put to sleep, which I wouldn't want to be as you'd miss :baby:'s arrival then. So that is the only time I think I'd want one (remember me saying this for future - I can imagine my post now after giving birth saying "I had an epidural after half an hour" :haha:)

Huge congratulations to you both! x

well girls i may have to cave in tomorrow morning and test although all i could get was an sainsburys own brand one, as i have had really really wet let down of watery cloudy cm all day and have been back and forth to the bathroom thinking af has started but no only this watery cloudy cm, boobs are so sore at sides that when i walk they kill, and i keep getting a burning sensation through them and have a slight headache am tired but drinking lucozade to help me through the day just one small bottle i might add as coffee doesnt seem to hit the spot at the mo, will let you know tomorrow if i do it xx

Oh Stina, he is absolutely gorgeous :kiss::hugs: What a handsome little fellow! You both must be so delighted.

Glad to hear the caesarean went well too and that you were up and about quickly and are now able to have lots of time with your little man :thumbup: I must admit, I really don't fancy an epidural, it is the one thing I think I will try to avoid unless absolutely necessary. I just don't like the thought of a needle in the spine at all :nope: But obviously it is necessary for a c-section unless you are put to sleep, which I wouldn't want to be as you'd miss :baby:'s arrival then. So that is the only time I think I'd want one (remember me saying this for future - I can imagine my post now after giving birth saying "I had an epidural after half an hour" :haha:)

Huge congratulations to you both! x

i had an epidural with my oldest daughter and i wish i never had it, it was ok going in but only worked on the lower part of my tummy and i had all the pains going through my legs and i have had back trouble ever since so at the moment its really playing up with all what i have going on at the mo xx

Good luck for testing Ink :thumbup: Is AF late?

I'm still waiting to ov! :growlmad: CD18 today and monitor still showing 'high' this morning, has been since CD12. But have had some EWCM yesterday and today :happydance: and plenty of ov twinges, so think it may be just having a big build-up :haha: It is not unusual for me to ov as late as CD20/21 so the cycle length isn't unusual. We have stuck rigidly to the :sex: every 2 days since CD11 (and CD8 before that so a 3 day break there), so hopefully this is keeping the :spermy: nice and fresh :thumbup:

The pain about the timing of this month though is that, should I not get preggers, the :witch: will be due bang around the time we go away to Slovenia :growlmad: Never mind. But obviously hoping she doesn't show and I get a :bfp: either just before we go or whilst we're out there :thumbup: Just won't be able to try any slovenian wine then :nope:

x

no hun its due thurs so i might just test tomorrow and see if it shows anything and then again on thurs the day its due wish me luck xx
good luck on you testing hun i hope you get your BFP before you go and im sorry about not being able to try the wine but you will have a good reason for not tho the best reason lol xx

Evening ink, good luck with the testing. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Hun.

aww thank you dont know if what i have going on is good but OV was certainly different for me so im really hoping . at ov i had the most stretchy egg white cm i have ever had it stretched to 6 inches , ive never had egg white cm ive only ever had watery cm.
I now have lots of watery cm and i mean lots as of today i kept feeling this let down and though omg af is here two days early but NA just this cloudy watery cm so thats why i think that i should test maybe, i have no cramping to report just the odd twinge in my back and the boobs hurt at armpits and they have a burning sensation through them every now and again and hurt when i walk but thats it really. Normally im cramping like hell by now but nothing so test i will in the morning and then again on thurs to make sure and then i'll let you all know xxx

Hopefully the acupuncture has worked:thumbup:. It's all sounding great so I will hope to see a :bfp: in the next couple of days! You certainly deserve it Hun.

Aww Stina, he really is the most gorgeous little guy :) Honestly, it sounds like you coped with the c-section absolutely brilliantly. At our antenatal classes, they stressed that it's never too late for skin to skin so I'm sure you and Mr W have made up for it well since! How are you finding motherhood so far?

Happy belated birthday Nat. Sorry I haven't been on the board to wish you happy birthday at the time. Hope you had a lovely day :) I share your fear of the epidural by the way. Not trying to be tough or make out I can do it all without pain relief, but the needle in the spine proper freaks me out too! Going to try as hard as I can to cope without, all being well.

Inkd- keeping fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Sounds like you've got some promising symptoms there!

Lou- sounds like you're well kitted out for this month :) You never know- it could be your mix (as pricey as it might be) that could make all the difference ;)

How is everyone else?

Well, I've had quite a few days of it. On Saturday evening, we noticed a drip coming through our ceiling through a very fine crack. It got worse and worse until this morning, when I came downstairs to find half of the ceiling on the floor :( What a nightmare! So, we've had to get a plumber to come out and fix the leak (turned out to be the bathroom sink) as well as a builder to come and see when he can fix the ceiling (will be Monday because it needs time to dry out but he can't fix the hole, so the entire ceiling has to be rebuilt and plastered). All this has been going on in the middle of having the decorators in the house, starting baby's room who are also going to have to come back at the end of next week to redecorate our entire kitchen :(
On top of that this morning, I rang Mamas and Papas to get the furniture delivered next week (the carpet will be going down in baby's room on Monday). The woman on the phone told me that my wardrobe and dresser/changer was out of stock for 6 weeks!! I asked how it was possible that it was out of stock as when we bought it 7 weeks ago, it was in stock and we were told our name would be put on our items in the warehouse and we could have it delivered anytime. She said she had no idea. I was on the verge of tears at this point, seriously! She went off to have a word with the manager and warehouse and somehow, they 'miraculously' found our furniture in the warehouse. I hope it hasn't just been taken off some other family :( Anyway, it's all being delivered and put together on Thursday so it's safe to say, I've got my hands full here for the next 10 days or so!

We've got our hospital visit tomorrow evening so I'm quite excited about that. Anything to get me out of the house and take my mind off ceilings, walls, floors and furniture (oh, and we've got a guy coming next week to sort out our fence, guttering and driveway). Who said maternity leave was meant to be relaxing!?

windswept he is absolutely gorgeous well done:thumbup:

good luck ink with testing :thumbup:

i hope o hurrys up for you nat,not sure if i o or not this last month but af go me anyway so a new month for me:dohh:

i hope everyone else is keeping well:hugs:

:howdy: morning Donna, how's you today? I'm currently sat in work with bugger all to do and I'm bored senseless!

Morning ladies :hi:

You having a quiet spell at work then at the mo Lou?

Donna, how are you?

Ink, waiting to hear if you've tested?? :shrug:

My flippin monitor is still only on 'high' :growlmad: I'm now worried I'm not going to ov at all this month and wondering if maybe my body hasn't recovered from the mc yet :nope: Planning to DTD again tonight to keep up with the 'every 2 days' thing for a bit longer, just in case eggy suddenly pops out :haha: I have acupuncture at 4pm today :happydance: Maybe this will push it out! :haha:

2 weeks today we go to Slovenia :happydance::dance::yipee::headspin:

yes i tested but as always it was NEG, but got up this morning feeling so hungry and a little iffy, and had luch but couldnt finish it went up to pee and gagged twice and still feel a little ify and really really tired so will test again in the morning and every morning til it shows up or i get af, but im really hoping she takes the longest awaited holdiay for over a year !.
Lou so sorry to hear that you are bored if you are on the computer play solitair til you get the busy spell back lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->