It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Morning girls, hope everyone had a nice weekend. Goes by way to quick doesn't it! Anything exciting going on?
Kim has there been any movement?\\:D/

Mornin Toots, not much happenin at this end me dear.
Got cases out Saturday and started organising holiday stuff.

Morning Lou :flower:

And to everyone else.

How was everyone's weekend then? I had a nice one. OH and I were dirty stopouts Friday night :haha: We went out with some of his workmates. One of them has a barge on a local canal and everyone went over there. We all had a pub meal and then sat under a gazebo all the guys had put up having a drink into the early hours :thumbup: I was driving back though so no alcohol for me. Some of the others stayed over, camping out under the gazebo or sleeping in their cars. We got home about 1.30am!

Then Saturday I went shopping with my mum, just got a few things for myself and some birthday pressies for some that are coming up soon. Then did the garden and some housework yesterday.

Wondering if Kim's little guy has started his journey yet? :hugs:

x

Hey nat, that sounds like a fun night. 1.30am is way past my bedtime:haha:.
I worked all day Saturday and then on Sunday we went to my patents for lunch and also see our niece. It's her bday on Wednesday but we wont see her on the day so gave her cards yesterday. Taking her clothes shopping in Thursday, god help me!:haha:
Only 2 days of work this week then I've got 2 and half weeks off:happydance:
Donna, how long till you go on your hols?

Hey girls :)

Nat- sounds like you had a fun weekend! And not long until your break now Lou!

Well, I've had a demoralising day really. Went in for a sweep today at 40+5 and despite the midwife saying for weeks that his head is REALLY low down and also saying the same thing again today, she couldn't do the sweep because my cervix is still long and completely closed. She's booked me in for another one on Thursday (41+1) but it really felt like she was doing it because she felt sorry for me. She's going to be ringing me anytime now with a time for my induction, which will be next Monday.

I feel like my body is letting me down :(

Oh Kim don't let it get you down , I had to be induced with my LO, it's really not that bad, and as for your body letting you down - rubbish your body is doing such a good job that's why the little guy is staying put !!

Thanks Donna. You helped to bring a smile to my face then :)

I think it feels worse because everyone that's seen me, has been telling me that there's no way I'd go overdue and definitely won't have to be induced, because he's so low and because he's been right on his dates for everything. I know it'd be ok if I have to be induced- at least I know I'd be going into hospital and wouldn't come out until I had my boy ;) I just feel disappointed because it will mean I can't use the birthing pool (which would have helped with my PGP) and all of our plans having early labour at home will be out of the window. I just can't understand how he has been in the right position for so long, but nothing's happening :(

It doesn't mean that all your choices go out of the window just yet, there's still time for him to make an appearance..
Has the midwife discussed what you can and can't have ?

No, nobody has talked to me about my options because they didn't think we'd need to have that conversation lol. I know it will rule out the birthing pool but I'm not sure how it would work trying to stay as mobile as possible in early labour. I guess I'll be able to talk it through with her at my next sweep attempt!

Awww, Kim - sorry to hear he's making you wait... If it's any consolation, 8 August is a fab day to have a birthday! It's served me well... DOB would be easy to remember 8811, mine is 8881!

Aww Kim, sorry your little guy is making you wait. As others have said, there is still time for things to happen on their own without an induction :thumbup: Why is it that you can't use the birthing pool after induction?

Also, sorry for being thick, but what exactly is a 'sweep'? I know it's something to do with cervix but what exactly do they do?

Stina, hope you are doing ok and little Archie is ok :hugs:

We are doing fine. Got a lot of support from family, but a little fed up of outsiders looking at my little boy with pity. When I look at him I see a strong, happy and handsome little man, not a poorly baby.

A week to go until our next appointment, eager to hear what the consultant has to say...

In the meantime, I am making the most of every minute and very glad that he's been really content since we got back from hospital - I think I'd be hypersensitive to any screams or cries. We do have a movement sensor mat for his basket now, so that reassures us he's not stopped breathing.

Here's another photo update...

Attachments

• dads2small.jpg
    dads2small.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 9
Stina he looks soooo cute , fab photo...
Kim you can still be mobile as long as you feel comfortable, i walked round the unit and was fully mobile until about 6 hours before she was born (got very tired and uncomfy) hooked up to a drip mind you but hey it was on wheels - all it needed was a skateboard attached ! x x
hope everyone else is good xx

Oh Stina, what a beautiful picture. He really is such a gorgeous little boy :)

That's good to know, thanks Donna. I really don't like the thought of being strapped to the bed for hours on end without being able to move, especially as my PGP is at its most painful when I'm led in bed!

Nat- a sweep is when the midwife inserts a finger/fingers into the cervix (lovely mental image!) and moves them around to try and stretch the cervix and 'sweep' the membranes. Obviously it's not possible to do if the cervix is padlocked shut like mine!

Had a call from the midwife last night. The final sweep attempt will be on Friday morning and if nothing happens from that, I will be induced at 1pm on Saturday (it was brought forward slightly because of my PGP and because there are apparently a lot of inductions booked on Sunday and Monday!).

Good news Kim, not as long to wait now then. A sweep sounds lovely :wacko: Made me laugh how you said your cervix is padlocked :haha:

Everyone else ok?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"