It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Hey girls, how is everyone?

Sorry I've not been on for a while. Have had my mum up to stay for a week, then one of my sisters and 2 of my nieces came to stay so it's been a bit of a full house!!

Tina- you'll be really missed on here. I hope you enjoy your travelling and you and your OH just concentrate on being together and enjoying each others' company. I hope you'll still be able to pop on here from time to time.

Nat- what did your OH make of the match then? Not the most exciting by the sound of it, but a good point :thumbup: How are you feeling at the moment? Not long now until your midwife appointment is it?

Well, I'm starting to feel a lot more like my old self. I was finally discharged from midwife care on Friday which was a relief as it meant I must be getting better, but it made me feel a bit sad in a strange way. It's weird to have midwives be such a big part of your life for so long, and then they're suddenly not there. Sounds stupid I know, but the midwives I saw throughout my pregnancy and in hospital were so lovely. Makes me feel sad that I'll probably never see them again- because of the complications I had during labour, birth and afterwards, it's unlikely that we'll be having any more children.

Alex is doing fantastically well. He's gaining weight and growing beautifully. He seems to be changing so much every day, becoming more alert and being able to focus on things further away. He even lifted his head right off my shoulder this morning, to look at his daddy :cloud9: OH and I left him for the first time yesterday, to go to the match. I was in tears all the way to Old Trafford but I'm glad I did it. Alex was an angel for our friend (who used to be a nanny so is probably even better qualified to look after him than us lol) and she gave him 2 feeds with my expressed milk, so he seems to have no problem feeding both from me and a bottle :) It did OH and I good to have some couple time together too so all in all, yesterday was a big success. Tomorrow will be the first day at home where I've not had either my OH or mum with me so it will be a bit strange, but I know I need to start thinking about getting into some sort of routine with being able to go out with him and in a week or two, looking at a couple of mother and baby groups so I'm not shutting myself in the house all day every day. I feel a bit uneasy about feeding in public so I may well take a bottle of expressed milk out with me on occasions, unless I'm going to a place like the Trafford Centre, where I know they have dedicated feeding rooms.

Anyway, enough of my ramble! Here are a couple of recent photos of my boy :cloud9:

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 3
  • 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
Im ok,just waiting 4 a date 2 go in 4 my op,im nervous but its gonna have 2 be done

Hi Ladies :flower:

Kim, Alex is so gorgeous :hugs: You must be very proud. Glad you are feeling better yourself now too :thumbup:

My midwife appointment is at 9.30am tomorrow morning. It will just be my paperwork I think for now. Not half as excited about seeing her this time as last, just can't see the point in doing all of this until I've had a scan to check this pregnancy is real this time :nope: Early scan is next Monday and I'm dreading it but at the same time wish it would hurry up :wacko: I just need to know now.

I had a bit more brown spotting yesterday. Was hardly anything, literally just about three times when I wiped during the morning and haven't had any more since. But it has really worried me that it is my body giving me a slight sign this time to warn me something is wrong again :cry: This is about the time our last little bean stopped developing and I'm scared to death it's going to happen again girls :nope: I wish I could just bypass this first trimester and be pregnant with a fully-formed little baby and in 2nd Tri!

Sorry to be so down, I know I should try to stay positive but it's very hard after how silent my last mc was x

aw nat i totally feel for you hun,i'm sure next week when u get ur scan u'll have a very healthy little baby in there,is there no way you could get in any earlier,even go to a&e:shrug:

:hugs: Aw Nat! Hope you get that checked out soon for your peace of mind. Hope that's nothing to worry about.

Hey girls, how's everyone doing? Hope everyone is well.

Nat- will be thinking about you tomorrow and keeping everything crossed for you that your little bean (or beans) is growing well. How did the midwife appointment go?

Things are all fine here. Had a good week last week. One of my friends came down from Newcastle for the day on Thursday and we managed two whole hours in Starbucks without a peep from Alex :) OH and I have been out both yesterday and today (yesterday we had a meal out with friends and today we went out for lunch, and Alex behaved brilliantly both times). We had a bit of a wobble with him on Friday. He absolutely refused to nap all day and was up from 7am until 9pm without a sleep. I didn't get a minute at home at all to do anything, so it was a little stressful. He wanted my attention constantly- what a diva! I've come to the conclusion that he likes to be stimulated a lot, hence him behaving so well when we go out. I could be spending a lot of time going for walks with him in his pram and in his car seat, going for drives!

Kim, good to hear you and Alex are doing well. That's a long time for him to be awake at his age!! He was obviously determined to have lots of attention from mummy :hugs:

I am feeling a bit nervous about later but not too bad at mo. At least I am going to find out early if anything is wrong this time. But obviously I am praying all will be ok. I have definitely felt more pregnant this time but still not getting loads of symptoms like some others do. Tiredness hasn't been so bad the past few days which is scaring me a little but it has been replaced by a lot of gas and having a bit of trouble in the loo department sometimes :blush: Have gone off a few foods too and struggle to finish my evening meal most nights at the mo, just get halfway through and don't want any more. Do also have some slight tenderness coming and going in boobs and nips too but not a lot. I am amazed though how un-bloated I am this time :shrug: I was constantly huge last time!

How is everyone else? It seems very quiet on here these days x

hi nat been thinking of you today,sorry couldnt get on earlier to wish you luck

i'm sure everything will be fine hun :hugs:

Nat- I'm fine... Just coping with yet another appearance of AF. So been keeping myself super-busy this past weekend with fun stuff.

Ladies, my scan went really well :happydance:

Got very clear pic of baby, who measures in today at 7 weeks 5 days, so spot on pretty much what I thought :thumbup: Great, strong heartbeat measuring 176bpm!! Couldn't believe how fast and strong it was!

I am so, so glad I booked this early scan. It has given us both just the reassurance we need that this little one may just be ok :thumbup: Got 3 piccies (will upload one tomorrow) and a DVD too! Best £80 I've ever spent.

EDD from scan today is 18th April 2012. Only a day short of the anniversary of our horrid 12 week scan this year :wacko: We are on :cloud9:

x

Oh Nat, that's wonderful news! I'm SO pleased for you :) I can't imagine what a relief it must have been for you to see your healthy bubba on the screen. You definitely did the right thing getting the early scan. And with that EDD, it seems very much like fate is on your side this time around.

I've had a pretty successful day. Took Alex into town for the first time, and he behaved so well. We were there a good couple of hours and he allowed me to walk around the shops, get some photos printed off and have a jacket potato for lunch in Debenhams without kicking off once :) Very proud, and it has done my confidence the world of good being able to take him out on my own.

How is everyone else? It's definitely quieter in this thread nowadays. Anyone seen/heard anything from Lou?

I know :cloud9:

I want a ticker now on my siggy but can't seem to get it! I have clicked on someone else's and done my due date etc but when I click 'get my ticker' it just keeps taking me to a page about cord blood!! So I can't see where the code is to copy and paste?? :shrug:

Can anyone help please? x

click on mine i got mine easy enough and they do alsorts of tickers

Hope everyone is well. It is very quiet on here these days :nope: I hope Lou is ok, she seems to have disappeared again :cry:

I am saying goodbye for a bit though, OH, I and kidney bean are off on holiday Saturday :happydance: We are first spending the weekend up in Cumbria, staying with OH's uncle, then are off up to East Lothian, Scotland Monday-Friday for a little break on a caravan park by the coast :thumbup:

We have a lot to do tonight, tomorrow and Saturday day as we haven't even thought about what we are taking etc yet - mind has been on other things up to now really!

Have a good weekend and week ladies and speak again soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->