It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

I'm fine over here- just odd AF recently but I'm crossing it off as being sick with the flu 24 hours interferred with that. :shrug:

Hi Girls just thought i would pop on and let you know that im fine both knees were operated on and are sore and so swollen but im ok and well they are looking straighter even with all the swelling but we"ll see hope everyone is ok and will pop back on when all healed and give you the update in 6 - 8 weeks xx

Quick update ladies - Archie's op was a success, but he had post op complications and is relying on all sorts of machines, etc to keep him going. My thoughts of being in ICU for a couple of days were devastated when they said he'll be there for 5-7 days. He's gradually getting better and coming off the things that were keeping him going. He's still on ventilator, pacemaker, etc - but we hope he'll open his eyes tomorrow.

So pleased the op was a success and those tubes will all come off soon hun they are doing their job and he is a little fighter and will be home with you both real soon with those lovely big smiles xxx love to you both xx

Hi Ladies :flower:

Ink, glad you've had your ops, hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:

Hope everyone else is ok? Gone bit quiet on this thread :shrug:

I had good news this morning - my placenta has moved up so I don't need a caesarean :happydance: Baby looking good, measuring right for dates and estimated to weigh around 4 and half pounds at mo :cloud9: Seen midwife too and all good there - BP still staying constant at 100/60, urine fine and Bean's heartbeat good :thumbup:

Nursery is coming along good too now :thumbup: Painting all done and carpet being fitted on Tuesday :happydance: Just not heard about furniture delivery yet, going to chase that up soon.

Oh, and I've finished work now :happydance::happydance::happydance:

x

Thank you hun yeah im mending slowly its very slow going with both knees been done but at least its out the way.
I cant believe how quick time has gone and you now finished work means its really close now wow i wish you all the best and cant wait to see your new arrival posts xxx

That's great news, Nat! Glad things are falling into places as this baby gets ready to come.

Ink- hope you're doing good with your recovery.

Wind- any updates? Hope your family's doing well and Archie is doing great.

:hi: Everyone else!

Everyone ok?

Bean and I are doing good :thumbup: Carpet in nursery has been fitted this morning, is just a bit of glossing to do around the window which OH's stepdad is coming to finish off tomorrow and then all painting is finished :happydance: Just got border and wall stickers to put up then. Furniture being delivered Friday too so it should all be finished within next week or so now :happydance: Will post a nursery pic when it's all done :thumbup:

I sorted through all the stuff we have for little one at the weekend and put things in some kind of order in carrier bags, so can then put everything away when furniture is here :thumbup: My mom has kindly taken all blankets, bedding, towels, cuddle and dry robes etc to wash and dry for me and I am going to wash all baby clothes this week. I can't wait to put everything away when the furniture is put together :cloud9:

Loving not being at work :flower: Got plenty keeping me occupied at the moment, with the above and some meetings with friends lined up this week and next. Spent the day shopping with my mum yesterday as she had the day off work, bought a few things I needed for my hospital bag (which I plan to put together very soon now) and a baby monitor (used the gift card work bought me towards this).

x

Hi girls :)
Hope everyone is doing ok. Ink- glad your op went well. How are you doing now DG? Nat, well, what can I say to you?! I can't believe how fast everything is coming around for you! You must be getting so excited now. That's great news about the placenta- what a relief :) Can't wait to see a pic of the finished nursery. Oh, and Happy Mothers Day Nat ;)

How is everyone else doing?
Everything is good here. Alex is crawling around the place like a demon now, so he's keeping me on my toes! He's such a little character now. I was looking through some photos of when he was first born yesterday, and it's amazing what a proper little boy he is now. We've started a new group on a Friday called Jo Jingles, which he loves. It's all about music, songs and instruments so we all have a great time!

I'm alway thinking about you girls on here :) If anyone wants to keep in touch via Facebook too, then let me know- I'm usually on that more often xx

I'm on facebook too!!!!! I'm doing good too. :shrug: Got blood work back on DH's levels - let's just say the medicine is rising his level but it's also affecting something else which means it's not doing the job it's supposed to do. :dohh: So they are giving him another medicine to take with the current one to prevent it from making oxygen to store in his fat. :shrug: Hopefully that'll do the trick and the results of the blood work in 4 weeks will give us the results we've been waiting a long time for. :thumbup:

How's everyone doing?

Happy Mother's Day to you too Kim :hugs: I've had a lovely 'from the bump' card plus some beautiful flowers, chocs and a dvd! Very, very clever baby I have here who can go shopping without leaving my tummy :haha: Can't believe our Bean is due 4 weeks tomorrow :wacko:

Nursery is coming along nicely now, all furniture except wardrobe is up - OH worked really hard yesterday on it all, bless him :hugs: Will soon be ready to put everything away :cloud9:

I am on Facebook :thumbup: Would be great to keep in touch on there too :thumbup: Kim, have you heard how Archie is doing? x

Wow DG, you guys really are going through it aren't you? I hope that you get some positive results in a few weeks.

Aww Nat, sounds like bubba did really well choosing some nice presents ;) I wanted to say 'she' then- I still reckon you're having a girl ;) I spent a fair chunk of my day today in Wolverhampton actually- Dan & I went to the match. I'll send you a message about FB x

Oh sorry, about Archie- he's out of hospital now, and doing really well :) The poor boy had a few setbacks & it was an awful time for Stina & her OH, but they all stayed strong. I'm sure she'll update when she's able.

Happy mother's day to y'alls. Hope you get sweet gifts for Mother's day. it's not mother's day here until May. :shrug:

Hey ladies - glad to see everyone is doing well. We are back on track, as Stork says, we did have a few set backs, and our world turned upside down a few times! But we are here, and Archie is doing so well that he's busy crawling from one end of the room to the other at 9.20 pm, with no signs of bedtime being close!

In short, op was supposedly a success, then he went into JET in theatre (heart rate racing to uncontrolable levels) and had to be put into a controlled coma, they tried to bring him out of it, but had to put him back to being paralysed, chilled and sedated. We were warned that there was no treatment for this, and that it was just the machines keeping him alive. They tried again after 5 days and although this problem had solved itself it showed a new problem. This was complete heart block and he needed a pacemaker to keep him alive. They scheduled him for another op to have one fitted permanently, but at the last minute his own heart started to do its thing. We were delighted, but our happiness was blighted by word that some neurologists were coming to do an assessment on Archie as they thought he might have brain damage from the op. it had been 5 days since he came off sedation, and he still lay still with a blank expression - there was no hint of our Archie until 10 days after the op, and I was petrified. It was like we had a newborn back, and he was learning everything from scratch... I could follow his progress day by day - by the end of day 6 post ICU he was the equivalent of a 4 month old. We went through all the stages again - trying to get neck control, discovering his hands, hand to eye coordination, sitting unsteadily, sitting sturdy, head butting the floor trying to crawl. He's now on the move and trying to pull himself up all the time. They put it down to exhaustion... I saw an element of the animal instinct to 'play dead' - he was terrified, and rightfully so.

It has been the hardest experience ever and I am so glad it is over. When I say over, we do have another appointment on 10 April - and I am nervous about what they will tell us. They left residual holes and a leaking valve, and they didn't touch the valve that was supposed to be one of the reasons for the op. I am petrified they make us go through this again.

One important thing that came out of this experience is that they did DNA tests, and it turns out it is not Mr W and I who caused this, and there is no reason for us to think brothers/sisters may be affected... So I am back to charting cycle days, etc. onwards and upwards!

Hey ladies - glad to see everyone is doing well. We are back on track, as Stork says, we did have a few set backs, and our world turned upside down a few times! But we are here, and Archie is doing so well that he's busy crawling from one end of the room to the other at 9.20 pm, with no signs of bedtime being close!

In short, op was supposedly a success, then he went into JET in theatre (heart rate racing to uncontrolable levels) and had to be put into a controlled coma, they tried to bring him out of it, but had to put him back to being paralysed, chilled and sedated. We were warned that there was no treatment for this, and that it was just the machines keeping him alive. They tried again after 5 days and although this problem had solved itself it showed a new problem. This was complete heart block and he needed a pacemaker to keep him alive. They scheduled him for another op to have one fitted permanently, but at the last minute his own heart started to do its thing. We were delighted, but our happiness was blighted by word that some neurologists were coming to do an assessment on Archie as they thought he might have brain damage from the op. it had been 5 days since he came off sedation, and he still lay still with a blank expression - there was no hint of our Archie until 10 days after the op, and I was petrified. It was like we had a newborn back, and he was learning everything from scratch... I could follow his progress day by day - by the end of day 6 post ICU he was the equivalent of a 4 month old. We went through all the stages again - trying to get neck control, discovering his hands, hand to eye coordination, sitting unsteadily, sitting sturdy, head butting the floor trying to crawl. He's now on the move and trying to pull himself up all the time. They put it down to exhaustion... I saw an element of the animal instinct to 'play dead' - he was terrified, and rightfully so.

It has been the hardest experience ever and I am so glad it is over. When I say over, we do have another appointment on 10 April - and I am nervous about what they will tell us. They left residual holes and a leaking valve, and they didn't touch the valve that was supposed to be one of the reasons for the op. I am petrified they make us go through this again.

One important thing that came out of this experience is that they did DNA tests, and it turns out it is not Mr W and I who caused this, and there is no reason for us to think brothers/sisters may be affected... So I am back to charting cycle days, etc. onwards and upwards!

Ah bless you,i can't even begin to imagine what you and ur hubby have been through,and poor little Archie,but i am so pleased that he is making a recovery it amazing how strong the little ones are.

So is this you back ttc from now?

That had to be scary watching Archie go thru all that. :hugs: Glad to hear the dna test showed that it's not the genes so hopefully no more problems from here on out with Archie's heart. :thumbup: What a sweet boy- crawling from one end of room to the other end... :shock: He's not even sleepy. :haha: but yeah, make sense he "played dead" for that time when he had the surgery and had to be put in a coma/paralysis stage to prevent other problems. :flower:

How's everyone else doing?

Mornin dg,I'm ill,caught this horrible cold that's goin round

Mama- that sucks... Colds are no fun. I just have sinus allergies- normal for this time of year. :shrug: Think I rather be sick with allergies than deal with having to "deep clean" and "scan heads" for lice. Arugh... They seriously don't pay me enough to do the work I'm required to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->