It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Hey windswept have you thought of any names you like for baby windswept?

Hi brittbrat, you said you've been trying for over a year, have you had any medical advice yet or are you just taking it as it comes?

Hi brittbrat, you said you've been trying for over a year, have you had any medical advice yet or are you just taking it as it comes?

Taking it day by day for now. If nothing happens by 2011, then I'll see someone about my options. If :af: arrives this month, I'm going to try soy isoflavone and preseed in Nov and Dec to see if it helps.

What about you? How long have you been TTC? Have you done anything that seems to be working?

Toots - thanks for asking! I am always thinking of names! I have lots of potential girls names, but lacking boys:

Girl: Leila, Rowan, Freya, Maisie, Carra, Isla, Iona
Boy: Finlay, Aulay, Robin, Harris (but we live on the Isle of Harris, so it wouldn't be right!)

I don't think we will be bothering with middle names, unless they go well or our chosen first names can go with family names. Such as, Finlay John or Aulay Angus.

I have been really struggling with the names thing, as there are some horrendous names on the names forum and I don't like many of them. Think we'll stick to more traditional names rather than the Jaydens, Atticuses, etc!

You've picked out some lovely names there. I agree that there are some really awful chavvy names out there! I actually heard someone call their child in town the other day, he was called Armani!

Well Britt this will be month 20! Going to see the fertility doctor at the hospital next month so hopefully they will be able to shed some light on what's going on. Oh and I are both 32 so I wanted to get some medical advice as time is ticking on!:wacko:

Well Britt this will be month 20! Going to see the fertility doctor at the hospital next month so hopefully they will be able to shed some light on what's going on. Oh and I are both 32 so I wanted to get some medical advice as time is ticking on!:wacko:

I'm 20 so I have plenty of time. I'm just not very patient :dohh: lol
GL and I hope you get you :bfp: REALLLLLLY soon! :hugs:

Yes, Chavvy... That is the word for it!

I think we are lucky in Scotland to have some really lovely Celtic/gaelic names - and we have a very strong culture in naming after grandparents, etc. And in this respect, I think it is nice to follow tradition - rather than call our kid some of the names you'd expect to hear in housing schemes in the east end of London!

I put my suggestion of Aulay on the names forum and was amazed that no-one liked it! But I have decided that it doesn't really matter what folk think, as long as we (and the little one) like it! And, it means something to us.

Yes, Chavvy... That is the word for it!

I think we are lucky in Scotland to have some really lovely Celtic/gaelic names - and we have a very strong culture in naming after grandparents, etc. And in this respect, I think it is nice to follow tradition - rather than call our kid some of the names you'd expect to hear in housing schemes in the east end of London!

I put my suggestion of Aulay on the names forum and was amazed that no-one liked it! But I have decided that it doesn't really matter what folk think, as long as we (and the little one) like it! And, it means something to us.

Agreed! It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. As long as you and your DH love it, that's all that matters.
At least your names have a meaning. At least you haven't chosen something like Lumpley :rofl:

Thanks Britt. I've definately had enough of waiting now! Just want a bfp and a little bubba.

Totally agree with Britt there windswept. I think youve got some lovely ideas. I've never come across rowan before, I really like that.
:rofl: lumpley! That would be just cruel wouldn't it!:haha:

Rowan is the name of a very lovely friend. It is also the name of a beautiful tree with red berries (aka the mountain ash), which has lots of superstition and special luck attached to it.

Some people think of Rowan Atkinson when they hear the name, but I think it is a very feminine name on the right person.

afternoon all - windswept Finlay is the name DH and me like for a little boy that and Riley what a coincidence !!

Totally agree with Britt there windswept. I think youve got some lovely ideas. I've never come across rowan before, I really like that.
:rofl: lumpley! That would be just cruel wouldn't it!:haha:

VERY cruel. When I think of the name Lumpley, I think it should be said in a british accent. So I'm pretty sure there is somebody in the UK with a child named Lumpley! And they should feel real proud for having the guts to name that poor child something like that :rofl:

I met someone tonight named Patience. And she was white. :dohh:

DF and I decided our first boy will be Christian Edward, and first girl will be Bailey Renee. :dance:

Seems we all agree on nice normal names. There certainly are some comical ones out there! You hear the mother shouting these stupid names making sure everyone can hear it, it cracks me up!:haha:

Seems we all agree on nice normal names. There certainly are some comical ones out there! You hear the mother shouting these stupid names making sure everyone can hear it, it cracks me up!:haha:

Agreed! My friend is naming her daughter Eraleigh. Original, but odd.

Finlay is our first choice for a boy - great minds think alike Donna!

Toots, have you thought of any names?

Let's just hope I can get to the point where I have the option of what to name him/her

I rather like gabriel for a boy but I'm undecided on girls names. I went on a web site a while ago to look at all the name choices but there are so many, it'd take the whole 9 months to go through them all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->