It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Murdhuacha - it was me that suffered from cystitis and the docs told me to pee straight after... Which is pretty much what I did - and it didn't do me any harm - look at my signature!

I had a nice soak, and then came home (had been in my other cottage) - so am lying in front of the fire with a duvet and my big fluffy pillows! My mother in law has told me not to leave the house again, and is going to bring me cranberry juice and tend to my dogs and ducks so I don't have to! (It can be handy having her live next door, I suppose!)

I am happy to hear all that positive mental attitude for this month's cycle, ladies! This IS your month!!!

Go get that sticky bean, girls!

That sounds so cosy windswept! I hope a days rest does you good:hugs: Can it be a bit tricky having your mum in law next door? As much as I love mine I don't think I could live next door to her!:wacko:

Thank you so much for the replies Toots and Windswept, your replies have reassured me. Oh and congratulations Windswept, thats great news.

Another thing, my :witch: is due on the 4th of Nov but I'm having stomach cramps (which I sometimes get with cystitis but these feel different) and my bbs are sensitive, well its really just my nipples which aren't ever really that sensitive. I'm wondering if its symptoms or if its just wishful thinking :blush:

The less said about the neighbours the better! It could be a lot worse... I could have a grandchild for them to dote over!!! THAT is going to be a big test! I'll never be rid of them.

Thank you so much for the replies Toots and Windswept, your replies have reassured me. Oh and congratulations Windswept, thats great news.

Another thing, my :witch: is due on the 4th of Nov but I'm having stomach cramps (which I sometimes get with cystitis but these feel different) and my bbs are sensitive, well its really just my nipples which aren't ever really that sensitive. I'm wondering if its symptoms or if its just wishful thinking :blush:

Anything can be symptoms! I had normal AF type pains, irritability and skin break outs - I was sure she was on her way... I have to admit that apart from being hungry all the time, thirstier and having bouts of nausea, heartburn and headaches, I still wouldn't know I was pregnant... I would think I just had a horrible UTI.

Yeah I've been getting slight heartburn but nothing too bad, that could just be something to do with the spicy food I had the other day though lol. I've been peeing a lot more too, although once again I'm not sure of thats something to do with the cystitis because I've been drinking more water to try to flush it out.
This waiting around to test is horrible :(

The less said about the neighbours the better! It could be a lot worse... I could have a grandchild for them to dote over!!! THAT is going to be a big test! I'll never be rid of them.
You must have the patients of a saint!

Hi Ladies

I am not dissimilar to you Windswept with the MIL thing - OH's mom lives just down the road, same street as us! So I do wonder how much interfering there may be if we should have a child x

That's something I've wondered about nat. My oh mum lives about 10 mins drive away, I'd never cope having her as close as you and windswept! But i have often wondered if we end up with a little one how much 'input' we will receive!:haha:

My mother lives just around the corner and I know she's going to drive me crazy when a :baby: eventually comes along.

MIL will be sticking her oar in no doubt :( Stepmum's never had kids... and Mr Matt's brother's Ex was not about when little one was very small.... so she never got the chance then.

I think the hardest times will be:

1. When I come home with baby to begin with - getting into a routine and needing my own space to learn the ropes and get to grips with it all. I have it in my head that she will be around constantly, when I will want peace and time to myself, with my little one.

2. Constantly being told how she did things with her three... She had Mr Windswept early in life (17) and her youngest late in life (he's 13 now) so she is always comparing the way she did things with them and will no doubt share her experiences with me!

3. Making my own Mum feel better about the fact that Granny Island is spending soooo much time around little one when poor Granny Mainland won't get to spend much time at all...

But, saying that - she's just phoned to ask if she can bring me a takeaway from town... So it can be helpful too!

I think it is inevitable that they will want to 'help' when the time comes - whether they are up the road or ten minutes away!

I worry about making sure my mommy will see :baby: enough and as much as OH's mom will. We live about half-hour drive from my parents. OH brought this house on his own only months before he met me and we do plan to move (partly to be more 'halfway' between both families and partly to a nicer area). But with the housing market as it is, he is in a fair bit of negative equity with this house and also banks are asking for millions of pounds deposits!!

The house is perfectly fine for us, enough room etc, but we will move when we can x

I think it is inevitable that they will want to 'help' when the time comes - whether they are up the road or ten minutes away!
Definitely, my best friends MIL was all over her first baby. It was her first grandson and she couldn't get enough of him. She was there early in the morning and left late at night. He's 3 years old now.
She's just recently had a little girl, her MIL was there for the first week when she got home but my friend spoke to her and told her she would like some bonding time with her babygirl and she also wanted her children to spend time together so now she calls before visiting to make sure its ok.

It's going to be tough, Nat, to make sure my Mum sees enough of mine - she's already expressed that this is going to be a big issue for her when mine comes along (she doesn't know to expect her/him yet)... She lives a 3 hour ferry ride and a 6 hour drive away - so timely and costly for her to visit often. Plus, she's moved to an area away from the rest of my family, so when I go to visit I have to add an extra few days onto my trip - which isn't always possible. I should probably make the most of maternity leave and stay with her for a few weeks???

Windswept, whos that in your avatar?! Has someone had bubbas?

Yeah! That's my gorgeous girl, Spice with her litter of adorable puppy dogs! That was her wedding present to us - she gave birth 2 days after we got back from honeymoon! They are 7 months old now, and we kept a gorgeous little black girl - Whisp. We also have Sula, who is my bestest buddy, who has shared all my adult life with me and knows all my secrets! I love my girls!

Our area has an aging population, so our neighbours keep telling us to stop producing offspring with four legs and feathers (had 25 ducklings when the pups came along) - and to start repopulating the island!

That should have read 'four legs OR feathers' - we haven't created a new four legged duckling!

if you had done though windswept.... you and hubby could retire to Barbados on the proceedings.... sipping "mocktails" now ur preggo of course ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->