It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Do you know many Beths? I don't think I've heard of any up here - and can't think of any famous ones (except the character in Little Women)...

don't know any Beth's so not a common name and it's a simple beautiful and more importantly easy to spell for :baby: good choice

In fact Beth on here is the only one I know. My bosses daughter is Bethan and that's shortened to Beth but apart from that I can't think of anyone. It's difficult to choose isn't it cos you want to be individual without being ridiculous. I think it sounds a lovely name, does it match in well with your surname. I like the name nell but i bet it would get changed to Nellie which I'm not so keen on.

Aran and Eva/Eve are our two choices have afew middle names to go at also.

Nell is lovely too.

Beth Morrison??? Would you give her a middle name? I wouldn't mind if she was given the nickname of Betty - I quite like that! It's my Mum's favourite Aunty's name.

Mr Windswept really doesn't like my first choice of Leila, and my second choice of Rowan has been given to a wee girl who will inevitably be a classmate of our LO's - so that wouldn't work.

Hadn't thought of that Donna - she'll be able to spell her name long before other kids with longer names!!! It's quite a simple one to write for a wee one too.

We had our daughters middle name before her first name !!!
worked out well in the end though has quite a nice ring to it.

I love your names too Donna - I realised that I had Adam and Eve on my list together!!! Is Aran for a boy or a girl?

I need to be thinking of boys names too, as my instinct may be wrong. Mr Windswept would be really chuffed if we called him Angus (after his grampa), but there are so many with that first name and second name on this island - so I'd like to find something more unique. I wonder if he'd go for Gus, rather than Angus.

Betty would be cute Stina. You seem a bit like me in liking the older sort of names.

Stella is also a pretty name... But I don't know if I could use it. It's my favourite Great Aunty's name, and she deserves to have little uns called after her, but not sure...

Thats my nans name! I really like it but if we used it we'd end up offending the other nans. Its a tricky business isnt it cos you want to get it right ad not give them a name they hate!

Yeah, Florence is lovely too - a bit fancy for my wee one maybe? I dunno, it makes me think of that beautiful woman in Florence & The Machine! So, more city-esque and sophisticated than my wee island girl. I was so tempted by Katie Morag - have you seen Mhairi Hedderwick's books about the wee island girl with that name?!

Off to doctors via holiday cottage changeover - back online this evening... Cx

Aran Stephen for a boy and Eva/Eve Elizabeth Anne for a girl.
my friend has a little girl named Stella - named after the beer as that's what her dad drinks!! no word of a lie... (they are very chavvy though they have a son called Sonny and an older girl Mercedes)

Lovely name choices Donna. I can't stand chavvy names, those poor kids are stuck for life with those names!

Thanking you muchly sweetie - the funniest bit is when you hear them being told off - it's Stella patricia , Sonny Douglas and mercedes edith will you come here and behave!!!!! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: OMG! When will these people learn:haha:
It's funny when I see people screaming these stupid names at the top of their voice then they kind of look round to check out who's impressed by the names! I think I've said on here before that the funniest one I heard was Armani, it's a designers surname for gods sake!:haha:
I think the celebrity trend of naming children after fruit etc has a lot to answer for!

hiya girls hows your day been ? . Im now on cd3 and taking soy as of tonight so lets see what happens this cycle lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->