It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Thanks Stina, I had so much PMA right up until a day or two ago :wacko: Think I just want it so much :cry:

Lou, I agree about the docs. Surely it would be better for everyone ttc to get tested right at the outset so any problems were found there and then and sorted out. Admittedly we haven't made an appointment yet but OH did mention it to docs on a routine visit a few months ago and doc said we'd need to be trying for at least 6-12 months, even with our ages :shrug:

I've started peeing a lot today girls (although have drunk several cups of tea :haha:). This is a classic symptom of AF coming for me :sad2:

Nat it's also a sign of being pregnant too so don't count yourself out just yet :hugs:

Nat- I actually did a few things differently this cycle. Obviously had the acupuncture and the Chinese herbs but also used Conceive Plus for the first time (sorry for tmi) and started taking baby aspirin. Can't say for definite which was the thing that helped me get here, but I would say most likely to be the acupuncture. When I was having the stomach massage after the acupuncture, it felt tender on my lower left side. Doc said he thought it could be some sort of blockage, so worked on that area to disperse whatever it was. He said after that, the egg would be able to go through my tubes and to 'my warm place' more easily lol. Who knows if it was true or not, but the success rate for acupuncture is meant to be good.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel so down today Nat and Lou- I hope I haven't been completely insensitive and upset you guys :(

Kim, do not be silly! It is not you that has upset me, it is my own stupid moods because it is :witch: day and because any symptoms I had have all gone. My body is unbelievably quiet :wacko:

If AF shows, the first thing I am going to do is book an acupuncture session :happydance: If I can get in early this next cycle I may well then give ttc another go in December to see if it helps before docs in new year. Will you still be able to continue your sessions now that you are preg? As you'd booked six or so hadn't you? x

Don't be daft Kim! My mood is probably because it's Monday!! I'm chuffed to bits for you and we're all v supportive of each other here on the crew:hugs:
Hope you're staying with us?!

Evening ink, how are you doing? I'm not up to much at the moment just odd jobs at home. I've got the next 2 days off work which is rather nice:happydance:

Yeah Nat, I'd booked six sessions but only had two done (had them two weeks in a row, just after AF had gone, and just before ovulation). I'm going to leave off them for now until I (hopefully) get to 12 weeks and look at it again.
Lou- no way you'll get rid of me that easily! You girls have been the reason why I want to come on here so often- I don't know what I'd do without you!

:friends: glad to hear that! Has it started to sink in yet? Have you estimated a due date yet?:happydance:

Nope, definitely still hasn't sunk in yet. I've been officially banned from taking any more tests by OH, but hoping I'll feel a bit more like I'm getting to grips with it once I've been to the doctors in the morning. I think because I haven't got many symptoms (just the cramping and a bit of tiredness), I'm still a bit paranoid than AF will show her head!!
As for the EDD, I looked it up in one of my gazillion conception and pregnancy related books, and looks like it would be 1st August :)

A summer bubba:baby: Do you think you'll tell anybody once you've seen the doc or not thought about it yet? You could make a Christmas announcement :happydance:

***UPDATE***

I think I have a scan on Thursday... Well - midwife phoned Mr Windswept and said scan would be on 28th Nov, so I called to be sure as that is Sunday - and she said 'oh no, it's Thursday'. So I am hoping it's this Thursday - don't know the time yet but that is irrelevant.

I did chase them earlier as my pains have returned, but not as serious as they were. Just hope everything is okay, but so glad we have another scan booked!

Lol Stina, hope you're right!
Lou- we'll tell my Mum and OH's parents I think and *maybe* one of my closest friends but I think I'll wait until Christmas to tell my sisters, and then tell everyone else after 12 weeks. It still seems surreal though- I can't imagine the words, 'I'm pregnant' even coming out of my mouth!

It's good that you've got another scan booked Stina- sounds like they're looking after you well! Hopefully they'll be able to give you some positive news too :)

That's great news Stina, will you have a pic to show after the scan?
Kim, saying the words 'I'm pregnant' to those close to you is going to be an amazing feeling!
Question girls, did either of you bother to keep the swimmers in after dtd? The nurse last week told me that it's a myth and it doesn't matter if you get up straight away. Just curious. I seem to remember you didn't Stina but correct me if I'm wrong.

Forgot to ask Kim, how did you tell oh? Was he with you at the time or was it a surprise?

Question girls, did either of you bother to keep the swimmers in after dtd? The nurse last week told me that it's a myth and it doesn't matter if you get up straight away. Just curious. I seem to remember you didn't Stina but correct me if I'm wrong.

Id like to know this too x

Id like to know this too x

I would like to know too! I don't think it can be a myth because last month I didn't bother and afterwards loads of it fell out but the last few days when we've been DTD I have been holding it in (with whatever item of clothing is to hand-lol) and then lying still for 30 mins and when I went to the loo none came out at all! I was amazed!
It may be that it is possible to get PRG without doing this but surely it has got to up the odds a little!? :winkwink:

Sorry to blow that myth ladies - but due to my recurring cystitis I tended to go to the toilet quite soon after (didn't want to increase chances of the infection). I did attempt to keep it in for a while, by putting my hips on a pillow and waiting 20 mins or so earlier in the month, but later on I just went to the loo. I ovulated much later than I thought according to my dates on scan and my dates on the digi test.

Toots - I hope that I get a picture - but the last ones showed 3 massive lumps and a teeny tiny wee womb with a blob in it! I will ask for a closer up of bubba!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->