It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

H
What do you think about trying baby aspirin? I must say I'm a bit worried aswell about taking anything like that without docs say so. The thing I don't get is that I thought aspirin thins the blood, how does that help ttc?

I take baby aspirin when not on AF, Mum recommended I take it, apparently it decreases the chance of early miscarriage, not sure how it works though :shrug:

I'd love a maine coon! They really are gorgeous. The breeder that we got Noodles from also breed them. We used to get a cat show come here every year and I'd always go but it hasn't been here the last couple of years. I change my avatar fairly regularly (I wouldn't want my babies to think I had a favourite:haha:) so you'll see my others.

Lou, my OH is 5 years older than me, he's 41. He has been a star today, bless him. He says he'll do anything we need to do to get a :baby: I reminded him that he'll have to give a sample :haha:

I've just e-mailed two of my friends that know we are ttc (they'd both already e-mailed me). They hadn't asked anything about it (these two don't, they've been very good). Anyway, as part of my responses to them, I mentioned that I'd been upset today and explained what about and told them we are giving ttc a break. This is true as it is how I feel now but it should also stop any questions such as "so, any news yet?" should they arise!! Anyone else that asks will get the response that we are not trying anymore, I just want to put a stop to any possible questions.

Can you believe that I still have this 'pulsing' feeling?? Do you think I've a trapped nerve or something? I'm worried what it is now. It's not painful or anything, just annoying! Guess I'll just see if it goes over the next few days :wacko:

PS: Your cats are beautiful x

SilverWillow

What exactly is baby aspirin then? Is it actually called that or is it called 'baby' because it's lose dose, ie 75mg or something?

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that some women can develop a kind of 'blood clot' response to a new embryo, where their blood reacts by clotting and cutting off the placenta when it implants or something?? Causing miscarriages. Maybe as aspirin thins the blood it stops these clots happening so allowing the baby to implant and stick?

I take it you don't take it on AF because it could cause heavier flow? Do you take it the whole of the rest of the month? x

SilverWillow

What exactly is baby aspirin then? Is it actually called that or is it called 'baby' because it's lose dose, ie 75mg or something?

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that some women can develop a kind of 'blood clot' response to a new embryo, where their blood reacts by clotting and cutting off the placenta when it implants or something?? Causing miscarriages. Maybe as aspirin thins the blood it stops these clots happening so allowing the baby to implant and stick?

I take it you don't take it on AF because it could cause heavier flow? Do you take it the whole of the rest of the month? x

Hi there,
I take it most days but do forget some. I have read exactly what you said about blood clots, apparently it reduces this chance, but it is such a small dose it can't do any harm.
As far as I know it is called Baby aspirin because if its size, but I am not sure.
I don't take on AF because apparently it makes you bleed more which is not good (and it is not necessary then anyway because you are definitely not preggo!
I just take it because Mum suggested it, I think she saw it on a documentary about miscarriage.
xx

That pulsing is weird nat, that one cycle I had it and even oh could feel it when he put his hand on my stomach. Maybe it's to do with an increase in blood flow?
Tell oh he doesn't have to perform at the hospital, he can bring his little pot home with him:thumbup:. The hospital told me you can get help on the nhs up to age of 40 so thankfully youve still got plenty of time. Not saying youll need help but just in case. As I am guinea pig I'll keep you up to date with tests and probbing etc!

Morning Ladies,
Nat sorry she got you , you are right though relax have a month off I don't think we realise exactly how much pressure we out on ourselves to get that BFP :hugs:
How are the rest of us today?

Morning Donna

I am just grand - feeling full of energy, but having horrible niggling abdominal pains which are worrying me in light of my cyst discovery. Only one more big sleep until we see our bubba again. Have split a pair of trousers this morning, so desperately needing to get to some shops! And, my boobs are changing by the minute - size, shape, heaviness, nipple colour and now I have little white spots around my nipples... If I didn't know better I'd think I was pregnant!!!

How are you?

Cx

:rofl: me thinks you may well be preggers honey !! not a good sign splitting trousers !
Glad to hear your feeling well what time is the scan tomorrow?

I think you might be right!

It's at 4 pm - so at least I can go home straight after with Mr Windswept...

Is everyone else preparing for the cold spell? I am thinking I might be snowed in and so am planning the work I can do from home... Suppose we also ought to fill the cupboards! Our road is easily blocked, and the prospect of being snowed in makes me very happy! Needless to say, I am not 9 months gone yet - then it would be a different matter!

I think you might be right!

It's at 4 pm - so at least I can go home straight after with Mr Windswept...

Is everyone else preparing for the cold spell? I am thinking I might be snowed in and so am planning the work I can do from home... Suppose we also ought to fill the cupboards! Our road is easily blocked, and the prospect of being snowed in makes me very happy! Needless to say, I am not 9 months gone yet - then it would be a different matter!

I know that feeling well, living on a farm the roads block so quickly so I'm filling up the pick up and going to tescos to fill the cupboards just in case... congrats on your:bfp:

Good morning ladies, how's everybody doing?
:rofl: Stina you splitting your trousers did make me laugh!

Don't usually get it too bad here plus the supermarket is only a mile and a bit down the road so can walk if needs be.

A fellow Scot - hello Lady Gecko!

Toots - it's not funny - I am seriously running low on clothes! And I don't want to start buying big elasticated waists this early... But the rate I am going, I will not have anything to wear when I shrink back to size!

Donna - our supermarket is 42 miles away - over a mountain range, but the worst bit is the 11 mile long slog over hills and glens before we get to the main road! They say this cold snap could last until Christmas... Aren't we lucky to have another cold winter?!

Toots I agree - elasticated waists :haha:, Stina I apologise it really isn't funny(she says whilst giggling at the image of pants splitting up the back!)

:haha: it's not funny Stina:haha::haha:
How about getting leggings, they look nice with a nice top. Should be fairly comfy and not expensive so you won't be throwing money away on clothes you won't wear after :baby: is born.

That is a mighty fine idea Toots - I am planning on getting some nice comfy warm boots, so leggings will do just fine. They should be okay for work too, if I wear a nice top???

Glad you are finding humour in my pain!

It's wintry here now - ground is white already!

I think that will look just fine for work Hun although you may not have to worry if you get snowed in. Is it snowing earlier than normal or would you normally start getting it nov time? I bet it looks beautiful where you are all covered in snow.

To be honest, the Western Isles don't tend to get a lot of snow normally - we have the Gulf stream keeping our temperatures up (we have quite a small temperature range throughout the year, few icy days and few scorchers) but last year we had a fair amount of snow in late Dec/early Jan. It is stunning though - all the hills all pretty and clean and white, and the icicles on the rivers... I like it a lot!

Picture postcard perfect. We got snow and masses of ice last winter but that's v unusual as we live in a bay right by the sea. It made a really nice change but the ice was deadly! I walk to work and on one particular morning it was so bad I don't know how I got there without breaking something! They are predicting snow this weekend at the moment but I'll be surprised if we get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->