IUI December Buddies

Update on my CD10 ultrasound today. I have 8 follicles on the right and 5 on the left. Two on the left are leading the way at 12&13mm. I am so pumped to have two lead follicles!!! My previous two cycles I only had one each time.

And my lining is 9mm!

I am so happy with these results. I am continuing 100iu's of Puregon and go for another ultrasound on Wednesday. I will keep you posted. :)

Awesome! Happy for you! I go back on Wednesday as well! Can't wait to hear!!!!

Update on my CD10 ultrasound today. I have 8 follicles on the right and 5 on the left. Two on the left are leading the way at 12&13mm. I am so pumped to have two lead follicles!!! My previous two cycles I only had one each time.

And my lining is 9mm!

I am so happy with these results. I am continuing 100iu's of Puregon and go for another ultrasound on Wednesday. I will keep you posted. :)

That's great news, all on track :happydance:

Afm- the opposite! I called my clinic only to be told I can't see cons today or tomorrow and he's next free on Friday which will be too late for this cycle. She said I can have iui next cycle like its a dentist appt I'm making!
I was so mad but now so upset as next cycle ill be away cd1-8 and don't know think this will be ok because I will need scanning at least once in that time. :nope:
So now I'm looking at iui at beginning of feb. :cry:

Charliegirl27, that sucks!!! That almost happened to me this cycle too. Since I wanted to switch to injectables this cycle the nurse said I had to see the doctor first. He had already gone over them with me before though when we were originally going over my options. The next appt with him would've been Nov 30th so this cycle would have been a bust. I had to really convince her that he already offered them to me. I pleaded with her to talk to him and ask if we could go ahead without that appt since he and I already talked about it. She did and he said no problem. If she hadn't talked to him I would've missed this cycle and next cycle too because they close over the holidays and that would've been mid cycle for me. I'm 37, I can't afford to sit around and waste cycles. So I know how you are feeling. It is very frustrating!!!

And my lining is 9mm!

Afm- the opposite! I called my clinic only to be told I can't see cons today or tomorrow and he's next free on Friday which will be too late for this cycle. She said I can have iui next cycle like its a dentist appt I'm making!
I was so mad but now so upset as next cycle ill be away cd1-8 and don't know think this will be ok because I will need scanning at least once in that time. :nope:

Oh no! That stinks! Almost happen to me, so I immediately went on to do another clomid cycle, instead of injections :(. I hope a miracle happens and you get prego before then! Stay strong :)

IUI round 2! starting my 1st clomid pill again tonight and will have a follie check Dec 6th. Mrs.T what injectables are you doing. are there better chances with injectables?

For those that are experts on injections....how do they know what injections to give you? Is it based on your bloodwork on some CD? I'm confused as to how they know which hormone to inject.

CCC-my understanding is that you are more likely to get a mature follicle with injections (and you may get too many mature ones)

And my lining is 9mm!

So sorry to hear this, really feel for you xxx

Quick Update:

Tomorrow is the day I'm supposed to stop the birth control pills, however I took my last pill yesterday morning. My breast have been solid hard and in so much pain since day 3 on these birth control pills and I'm just so tired of it! They are KILLING me! I'm still injecting Lupron. I'm just waiting for the :witch: to come so I can schedule my day 2 or day 3 ultrasound and blood work. I've been spotting really bad the last few days so hopefully the :witch: doesn't take too long to come.

When I used to use BCP years ago, my period always came on day 2 of placebo which that means tomorrow will be day 2 off the pill. Getting really really excited!!!!

For those that are experts on injections....how do they know what injections to give you? Is it based on your bloodwork on some CD? I'm confused as to how they know which hormone to inject.

CCC-my understanding is that you are more likely to get a mature follicle with injections (and you may get too many mature ones)

Good question. I wondered that too. I go in for bloodwork and ultrasound tomorrow. I will ask the nurse and get back to you!

Good question. I wondered that too. I go in for bloodwork and ultrasound tomorrow. I will ask the nurse and get back to you!

Charlie - I had s/e onlly when they increased clomid....it was horrible. but at 50mgs which is usually where they start I didnt feel a thing. I understand being impatient I am as well! That sucks about having to wait...UGH!!!!!

Lady - welcome!!!! I felt the same way las tcycle...Why are we so excited to be sticking ourselves with a needle..LOL

Mrst - those are awesome numbers...congrats!

Clomidqueen - good luck on this cycle! Injectables give you a better chance at more mature follicles and more eggs. It also helps more with your lining where clomid can thin it out.

type a - I do believe that you E2 number gives them a baseline to follow and depending on that number they might adjust the dosage. They will also look at your ultrasound and see how big your follies start out on cd3...for me my first E2 and ultrasound was on cd7 which was on the last day I took Femara.....according to those results my Dr gave 3 days worth of gonal-f at 150miu. I hope that helps.

august - woohoo..this is so exciting!!!!

IUI round 2! starting my 1st clomid pill again tonight and will have a follie check Dec 6th. Mrs.T what injectables are you doing. are there better chances with injectables?

I know this was directed at mrs. T , but I wanted to share my knowledge :)

In the beginning my RE said that clomid has an 8-9% chance of working. He said normal 21 year old college kids have a 20% chance naturally. Injectables have a 25-30% chance. (I believe these are the numbers he gave me, please forgive if I'm a little off) So, yes injectables give you a better chance to have more than one follicle, while clomid rarely produces 2 or more. Also, clomid depletes the uterine lining where the embryo implants. And injectables actually help the uterine lining. Also, my gyno told me clomid can do something negative to your cervical mucus.

I honestly was scared the first time around and did clomid against my RE's advise. Did another round and when nurse told me about it depleting my lining, I freaked out asked if I could do injectables, without a follow up consult with RE (he would be out of town). And then I realized I hadn't planned for the money it would cost for meds and monitoring. And just did the clomid cycle and each time I only produced 1 egg. And clomid did not do any damage for me. So far, with injectables I have 3 big ones on my right and one big one on my left.

With that being said, my hubby has plenty of friends who got pregnant on their first round of clomid. I can't remember my RE's exact wording but it was something to the effect that the reproductive system is not predictable always anyway.

Hope this helps!

I am on Puregon. This is my first time on injectables. The noticeable differences for me this time is I have two growing follicles, my previous cycles I only had one each cycle. Also, my lining seems thicker at an earlier stage and my estrogen level is much higher. My doctor wouldn't say if there was a better chance but his nurse told me she sees better results with injectables. I figured I'd give it a try. My husband has a low count and I figure if there are more eggs, it gives his swimmers more targets.

Hi ladies!! I would like to join you!! I am preparing for my iui and I am currently cd 9!!
The FS doesn't reccomend that I take any medication and wants to try it natural..hubs has a pretty low sa but all my numbers have come back great!!
Hoping This works as we have been trying for what feels like forever LOL

Hoping to make some friends and see some BFPs soon!

Hi ladies!! I would like to join you!! I am preparing for my iui and I am currently cd 9!!
The FS doesn't reccomend that I take any medication and wants to try it natural..hubs has a pretty low sa but all my numbers have come back great!!
Hoping This works as we have been trying for what feels like forever LOL

Hoping to make some friends and see some BFPs soon!

:) good luck! Hope it works too.

Hello ladies! I should be having my first IUI this December hopefully, fingers, toes, legs,etc crossed :) Started my first round of Femara yesterday, on CD 4, waiting for CD 12 for my ultrasound to see if IUI #1 gets to occur. I'm so excited, yet worried, just a million emotions ! Has anyone who has taken Femara had the tiredness S/E? I felt like the walking dead today at work when I'm usually bouncing off the walls. Hope to enjoy the coming days with ladies who are going through similar experiences!

Hello Ladies, I will be going for my 3rd round of IUI starting end of this week.Had 2 chemical with previous two IUI's and i am dead scared what is gonna happen with this one. donn want to loose this one as i dont have anymore strength left to face the same again.
Please please please pray for me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"