IUI Feb anyone?

Hi everyone!

Can I join you all??

AF arrived 2nd Feb and started clomid on the 3rd, first monitoring scan set for 10th feb.

Little bit about me:

1st cycle of IVF Feb 2010
2nd cycle FET December 2010
Both cycles ended up being cancelled before ET.

1st cycle of IUI as I had a very rough IVF cycle and i'm hoping the less invasive option may work so giving it a go.

Anyone experienced any side effects with clomid?? I'm driving myself nuts with worrying about the side effects! Took my first tablet last night and then a few hours later started to feel a little on edge and then hardly slept at all. Took my second tablet tonight and sat down to watch TV then the right side of my bum and under my thigh went numb and had a little tinging in my right arm. The feeling came back as soon as I got up (just had a bit of pins and needles feeling) but i keep thinking my leg/ arms feels funny now. Am I being paranoid???? I can sometimes get a numb ass if i'm sat funny on the sofa and occasionally I do get some tingling in my arm. I really wish the FS hadn't mentioned the side effects!

hope everyone is ok!! :hugs:

xxx

Hi Chesca,
I took clomid for the first time this cycle, and the only thing I really noticed was I woke up a few times with a fast heart rate and basically like having a panic attack. Maybe the feeling you had of being "on edge" was from the clomid? Not sure..Plus, all the emotions and anxiety going along with TTC in general doesn't help. I told my FS about the side effects I had and he actually said he had never heart of the rapid heart rate, etc, but that everyone responds differently so he doesn't doubt it. He mentioned trying a different medication if I wanted next time. Not sure what he was referring to..maybe femara?
The pins/needles in your leg/arms doesn't sound related..could be just from positioning..plus now you are hyper aware of every little feeling and anticipating side effects as well! Hard not to though! Ok, good luck again and hang in there...

Hi everyone!

Can I join you all??

AF arrived 2nd Feb and started clomid on the 3rd, first monitoring scan set for 10th feb.

Little bit about me:

1st cycle of IVF Feb 2010
2nd cycle FET December 2010
Both cycles ended up being cancelled before ET.

1st cycle of IUI as I had a very rough IVF cycle and i'm hoping the less invasive option may work so giving it a go.

Anyone experienced any side effects with clomid?? I'm driving myself nuts with worrying about the side effects! Took my first tablet last night and then a few hours later started to feel a little on edge and then hardly slept at all. Took my second tablet tonight and sat down to watch TV then the right side of my bum and under my thigh went numb and had a little tinging in my right arm. The feeling came back as soon as I got up (just had a bit of pins and needles feeling) but i keep thinking my leg/ arms feels funny now. Am I being paranoid???? I can sometimes get a numb ass if i'm sat funny on the sofa and occasionally I do get some tingling in my arm. I really wish the FS hadn't mentioned the side effects!

hope everyone is ok!! :hugs:

xxx

I took 4 rounds of clomid and found that it made grumpy and hyper-sensitive to everything...or maybe that was just me being an emotional wreck!

Thank you everyone for your help!! I really appreciate all your comments. :hugs:

Still feeling anxious and tired.... kinda feel like want to escape from my own body!! But you guys are right, i'm so sensitive to feeling the side effects that i'm not doing myself any favours. Gonna try my best to chill out and try to switch off.

How is everyone else doing?

xxxx

Chesca someone asked me how I was doing on clomid and I said it hadn't affected me at all. Until this week that's what I thought BUT now I know that I was feeling really angry, even evil and not very tolerant of situations = basically not myself. Then I started to feel happier and more myself and I realised that I had been affected!

Hi all, I didn't notice any side effects with Clomid, although I took them last thing at night so might have slept through whatever was going on.
I think I'm 3dpo today and my nipples are killing me!!! I hope that means something. Also very twingey in the uterus area.... hope something good is happening in there :haha: I think 3dpo is too early for any symptoms though so am just trying to chill out.
How is everyone else doing?

Hey Ladies,

I am so glad for this thread. :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:
I had my first IUI yesterday and the 2nd today. No symptoms yesterday, but today really bad cramping and what feels like a lot of pressure in my lower abdomin. Did anyone else have this happen after the IUI?? I did take clomid CD3-CD7, Follistim on CD9, and then the trigger on CD14. Maybe it is just a reaction to the superovulation that the RE was trying to achieve. Any ideas?

I have had some cramping with both my IUIs.

How did all the IUIs go ladies? Mine went ok but the post-thaw count was only 7 million with 27% motility. Still a chance but I'm not going to get my hopes up so I'll be better prepared for a BFN. Hope your numbers fared better everybody.

Lots of :dust: all around

This time round I've had some cramping..but not sure whether that could be the utrogestan as the cramps seem to be worse in the morning??

Well Sat and Sun I had loads of aches on right side where my follies were. I don't normally get that much of a noticable OV so hoping that I had a least one juicy egg released!

Chesca someone asked me how I was doing on clomid and I said it hadn't affected me at all. Until this week that's what I thought BUT now I know that I was feeling really angry, even evil and not very tolerant of situations = basically not myself. Then I started to feel happier and more myself and I realised that I had been affected!

Tansey I feel exactly the same.... I seriously have no patience at all at the mo!!! xxx

Hope everyone is doing ok,

:dust: to you all,

xxx

Hey there,

I hope everyone is doing good after their IUI's. Is anyone temping to confirm OV? My temp shot up from 97.5 to 98.3. I am pretty sure that OV'd.

Hi all, just checking in. I'm at 5dpo (4dpiui) and know I ovulated because I had follicle tracking. My temps went up at ovulation, but then I had two really low temps on 3dpo and 4dpo, now today they were up high again. I was getting my hopes up for an implantation dip - before it lasted two days! And then I realized that 3dpo was probably too early for that anyway. So who knows.:shrug:
In the meantime, my cramps haven't let up at all yet and boobs are now super sore - wearing bra to bed and trying hard not to move too fast in general!!!
I wish I knew if all this is from the clomid or from something else. Hope it is something else!
Hope all of you are doing well and coping better with the TWW than I am... going to bed for some :sleep: (this is my favourite smiley right now)

I'm 4dpiui today - this 2ww is going so slowly I broke my self-imposed rule and had a mini-rant to dh last night (making it very clear that even though I was complaining about people asking if we are ever going to have kids this did not mean that I wanted him to confront them about it - that would let the cat out of the bag). Having odd intermittent cramps - no idea what's happening..

Zucchini - did you have follicle tracking after your iui? I had follicle scans up to day of trigger shot but then nothing, and since I haven't been temping either I don't really know whether I o'd...

Hi Robyn - No, nothing after the IUI. I'm going in to the hospital on Thursday for a 7dpo blood test, but that's it.
Coffee time for me :coffee: Have a great day everyone!

I have an appointment on the 24th to go in and talk about getting my first IUI... I am very nervous!

If any of you don't mind sharing, around how much do you pay for your IUI? I have no idea what to expect... I am pretty sure our insurance will not cover the actual IUI, not sure if it will pay for anything else...

Thanks zucchini - that's what I'm having done too - blood test on friday!

When in Rome - be happy to tell you costs of iui (eek!) but as not in States might not be very helpful?

Hey Zucchini,

I am having my 7DPO blood test done on Friday also!! How long will it take for you to get your results back. I should have mine by the end of the day on Friday, so I will let you know what it is. Keep us up to date!! :hugs::hugs:

How is everyne else feeling today? Any unusual symptoms to report? I actually have just one, but I am sure it is probably just me drinking too much fluid before I go to bed, but I am waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. Which I dont usually do. Anyone else?

:hug::dust::dust: to everyone!!!

Hey girls I'm having OV blood test on friday too! But I probably won't get the results unless i ring the nurses and beg the following week - and I'll probably know one way or the other by then :dohh:

Had pain on left side all yesterday!

Hi All,
Do you mind if I join in too here. It seems that my cycle and testing day could be around the same time as most of you guys.
I'm on my 3rd IUI with Gonal F and Orgalutron. (I'm based in Ireland and haven't seen anyone else use these drugs)
We had the IUI on 2nd Feb with 1 follie on left size 19mm and then 2 follies on right about 15mm I think. We are due to test on 16th and I can't wait. I'm going mad.
How are other people coping and taking their mind off this.

Best of luck to all out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->