IUI Feb anyone?

Good morning! I'm off to the hospital for my 7dpo blood test today. The lab will call me back with results before 3.00pm, so I can tell you guys after that... although they never really give me much info at the 7dpo test. They just always say things like 'your progesterone levels are fine'. Am I meant to get more/different information?
And also, if my progesterone levels are always fine, then why aren't I pregnant yet???!!!!

Good morning Zucchini,

When they tell you that your levels are fine, I would just go ahead and ask for the specific numbers. There should be no reason why they would not provide with that information if you request it. Good Luck, and let us know how it goes!!

Good luck zucchini! They never give the numbers either so I'm going to ask for them when I go in for bloods tomorrow - hopefully I should get the result later the same day.

Have been so crampy this 2ww!!

Not sure if it's good or bad.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 9 scan today..... I have 3 eggs in the right ovary measuring; 17.5mm, 17.5mm and 11mm and 1 egg in the left measuring 22.5mm. there were lots of other eggs measuring at 10mm and below but the sonographer said they didn't count these. So I am kinda boarder line at the mo.
Back to the clinic tomorrow at 9.30 for another monitoring scan and bloods (eek)

So as it stands I am hoping and praying that the egg measuring 11mm doesn't get any bigger and will hopefully shrink a little... also that the eggs measuring 10mm do not progress either.

Took my MIL to be to the appointment today, was so so nervous I felt like I was gonna be sick. I'm so worried that the cycle is gonna be cancelled that it's making me very anxious. Really good job she came with me too as I nearly concked out on them having my bloods taken. Been totally shit at having blood tests ever since my bleed last year (long story... but info in my journal for those interested).... really weird as before this it never used to phase me. I've not gone back to work this afternoon, i've got to relax and gonna do some meditation to try and chill me out.

Really don't know what to think..... :shrug:

Did any of you ladies use Pregnal injection prior to IUI?

My IUI was £695 + £9.95 for 5 clomid tablets and 1 pregnal injection. Also had to pay £226 for mine and DP's blood test. Hope that helps.

xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 9 scan today..... I have 3 eggs in the right ovary measuring; 17.5mm, 17.5mm and 11mm and 1 egg in the left measuring 22.5mm. there were lots of other eggs measuring at 10mm and below but the sonographer said they didn't count these. So I am kinda boarder line at the mo.
Back to the clinic tomorrow at 9.30 for another monitoring scan and bloods (eek)

So as it stands I am hoping and praying that the egg measuring 11mm doesn't get any bigger and will hopefully shrink a little... also that the eggs measuring 10mm do not progress either.

Took my MIL to be to the appointment today, was so so nervous I felt like I was gonna be sick. I'm so worried that the cycle is gonna be cancelled that it's making me very anxious. Really good job she came with me too as I nearly concked out on them having my bloods taken. Been totally shit at having blood tests ever since my bleed last year (long story... but info in my journal for those interested).... really weird as before this it never used to phase me. I've not gone back to work this afternoon, i've got to relax and gonna do some meditation to try and chill me out.

My IUI was £695 + £9.95 for 5 clomid tablets and 1 pregnal injection. Also had to pay £226 for mine and DP's blood test. Hope that helps.

xxx

I used Gonal F, Orgalutron and Pregnyl trigger for my 3 IUI's, (Well 2 as the first didn't go ahead so I didn't use Pregnyl here) I'd say you have a really good chance as your follies seem very healthy. I had only 1 follie this time which was 19mm and then one on my right which was about 15mm and my nurse thought that was excellent....

Best of luck to you.

Good luck on your IUIs Tansey and jappygirl!
I'm near Philadelphia and we get two IUI's in a cycle as well. Maybe that's how they tend to do it in the USA.

if you don't mind me asking, where do you go for your treatments? I live in Philadelphia and have my first appt on Tuesday and am very nervous. I am going to Abington Reproductive, I've read good things about them but don't personally know anybody who has gone to them.

Hi all, now I am really worried, the lab said my progesterone was 'borderline' so now I have to take supplements - starting today. This is really annoying because now I have to drive for miles to get the stuff, and I'm missing work this afternoon for this!
Is anyone else having trouble balancing all this and work as well?
Liz, I'm going to the Pennsylvania hospital for treatment, right in downtown Philly. They are all really nice people. Hope your lot is nice too!
Good luck on those follies Chesca!!!
Off to the pharmacy next I guess.......

zucchini - I thought the 7DPO bloods were to check if you have ovulated? If they are over a certain number this normally indicates that you have ovulated. I know you can have bloods to check the progesterone is high enough and you can take supplements to help like in IVF.

Hi Tansey, I know I definitely ovulated because I had a lot of ultrasounds to track the follicles and eggs - kind of cool seeing them in the ovary one day and in the tube the next!! The 7dpiui blood test was for the progesterone. So now I'm waiting to hear back from the lab to confirm which pharmacy I'll be going to this afternoon. Arg, arg, arg....
Hope the rest of you are doing all right!!

I see. In my clinic in the UK we don't get a scan to confirm OV, we have a HCG shot which ensures you OV (as long as there are eggs in the follicles!). Luckily i am getting an OV blood test as a nurse made a mistake - she forgot they don't do them anymore! lol.

Hi all, now I am really worried, the lab said my progesterone was 'borderline' so now I have to take supplements - starting today. This is really annoying because now I have to drive for miles to get the stuff, and I'm missing work this afternoon for this!
Liz, I'm going to the Pennsylvania hospital for treatment, right in downtown Philly. They are all really nice people. Hope your lot is nice too!

Hi Zucchini, I must say that i'm really struggling to balance work with this cycle. I have appointments/ interviews every day of the week and with my scan appointments for the IUI going day to day I keep having to phone in work to tell them I won't be in which means my colleagues have to do them aswell as there own. Luckily my boss is very understanding but no one else on my team knows about our fertility treatment. I really worried that they will all be talking about me because I've been in and out of work LOADS for appointments since christmas. I took time off for my IVF last year but I really thought I could manage both for this cycle.

Hope you got to the pharmacy ok,

xxx

xxx

Hey Chesca,

You Follies seem good to me. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Did they happen to tell you what your estrogen level was?
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

What kind of progesteron supplements to you have to take? Pills or suppositories? Good thing they found out early, so that is a positive thing :hugs:

I am definitely having trouble with balancing work and the treatments and doctor's appointments. I feel like I am telling my boss every week that I have to leave early or come in late. I finally just gave him a little bit of info letting him know why am I am going to DR so often. After I told him, he was a lot more understanding, and just asked that I make up the time during the week when I missed a few hours.

Maybe that might work for you, best of luck!!

xxx

Hey Chesca,

You Follies seem good to me. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Did they happen to tell you what your estrogen level was?

Hiya Jappygirl,

They didn't but I actually didn't think to ask, will do tomorrow though! What am I aiming for as I haven't got a clue what the estrogen readings mean?

Thank you!!

xxx

Hello everyone! Feeling a bit better now as I have got the 'goods' :haha:
They're suppositories, and they look really weird, have got to figure it all out later I guess!
I'm lucky about work in that I don't have set hours except for when I teach classes or have a meeting - other than that, for the research part of my job I work at home. But between all the IUI stuff and preparing for class, I am getting way behind on my research!! Hopefully I'll get a nice big BFP this cycle and then can catch up a bit.... and then have the maternity leave talk with the boss!!!!!
Babydust to everyone :dust:

Hello everyone! Feeling a bit better now as I have got the 'goods' :haha:
They're suppositories, and they look really weird, have got to figure it all out later I guess!
I'm lucky about work in that I don't have set hours except for when I teach classes or have a meeting - other than that, for the research part of my job I work at home. But between all the IUI stuff and preparing for class, I am getting way behind on my research!! Hopefully I'll get a nice big BFP this cycle and then can catch up a bit.... and then have the maternity leave talk with the boss!!!!!
Babydust to everyone :dust:

Which progesterone supplements are you on? I've been on utrogestan since the iui last week - not fun to put in but I'm getting used to them! They told me to lie down for 30-40 mins after putting them in - fine at night but a bit of a pain in the mornings. Not entirely sure why they gave them to me as after my last iui back in November they said the progesterone was fine.

I'm getting way behind with work too - got proposal due in for end of the month...eek!

Just got phone call about blood test result and apparently it's fine! :happydance: They said the level was 65 (is that good?) but still have to continue taking progesterone supplements next week.

I see. In my clinic in the UK we don't get a scan to confirm OV, we have a HCG shot which ensures you OV (as long as there are eggs in the follicles!). Luckily i am getting an OV blood test as a nurse made a mistake - she forgot they don't do them anymore! lol.

That's what I've done too - just had hcg shot. But how cool to actually see the eggs in the tube zucchini!

Chesca - I used pregnyl for my first 2 iuis, ovidrel for the second 2. As far as I can tell they're practically the same thing - depends on what your fs prefers (I changed fs for my second 2 iuis). Your follies sound good - I wish I could get so many!

Ok so been back from 2nd day of monitoring..... day 10.

Completely confused as today my follicle readings were around 12, 11 and 10??? I asked her about the readings from yesterday and she was like 'the highest yesterday was a 12'????? So I told her what the sonographer (was a different one today) told me and she didn't say anything. I asked her was my eutrogen reading was from yesterday and she said it was 250 something but today when i've asked they said it was 7.95????

I'm going back in tomorrow for another scan and bloods but if they think everything is ok they will do IUI tomorrow without having used the Pregnal injection.

So confused as i'll only be day11 tomorrow and I normally don't ovulate until day 18 at the earliest.

Am I missing something?? What size follices do they aim for when doing the IUI?... they told me today at least 20?

Hope everyone is doing ok today

:dust:

xxxxx

xxx

Hey Chesca,

Hiya Jappygirl,

They didn't but I actually didn't think to ask, will do tomorrow though! What am I aiming for as I haven't got a clue what the estrogen readings mean?

Thank you!!

xxx

I am not 100% sure, but the RE told me that your estroen level would be approximately 200 for every mature egg. When they told me to trigger and we were going to start IUI the next day, my level was just over 800. I hope this helps :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:!

xxx

Hey Chesca,

Hiya Jappygirl,

Thank you!!

xxx

I am not 100% sure, but the RE told me that your estroen level would be approximately 200 for every mature egg. When they told me to trigger and we were going to start IUI the next day, my level was just over 800. I hope this helps :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:!

That's exactly what I thought hunny. Will have to have a chat with them tomorrow as i'm quite confused now!

:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"