IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Hey Touch, can you update the thread title?? For those who are still around?? Maybe do Dec, Jan, Feb IVF IUI :)

Ive noticed that this thread doesn't seem to be very active anymore. Have folks that were here mostly moved on to another one? Would love to know where folks are so that I can follow everyone. I plan to be trying again very soon and want my support group back! :)

oh I am still around....just been very hard to come on....AF showed after IUI # 4...doing fifth and last IUI this month...hoping for the best but preparing for IVF in the winter....signed up for an information session Jan 2...I think my doctor is a quack...she said that IUI is not something the clinic does very well but IVF is something they do well :dohh::dohh::dohh: and it is my choice to continue with IUI or move on to IVF....we are unexplained now as my PCOS is under control and DH has good swimmers....

very sorry for your loss usamom....supporting you all the way when you try again....do you have enough donor sperm to give your child a sibling? :hugs:

Hi Kissy - I'm so sorry your 4th IUI didn't work. I am unexplained to and after my 4th IUI we have made the decision to move to IVF. You need to remember that the success rates are very low for IUI and decrease each time you are unsuccessful, so it may not be that your clinic isn't "good" at IUI just that the success rates are very low in general that they don't have a good "success" rate for it. Definitely look at their success rates for IVF and if they are not high enough for you to be comfortable there are other clinics in your area to try from - NewLife, ISIS in Mississauga, there is one at McMaster in Hamilton etc. IVF is a big step so you have to be comfortable in the clinic.

Sorry I don't pop over to this thread much anymore ladies I've been in a Dec / Jan / Feb thread.

I do have a journal for those who want to keep in touch that way as I won't always remember to pop back here.

ssehlmey-hun, my trigger was gone by either 5 or 7 dpo, I can't remember now. I tested it out. I've heard of it sometimes being around by 11 or 12 but not 16! I'd say for sure that's a bfp!!!!!!!! Congrats!

AFM-I'm still here-like Kissy, it's hard for me to come on. I feel like I've been ttc longest in the world and the only one nothings working for. I know neither of those things are true-but it's been tough times. Will try and pop in here and there for support.

Titi you are DEFINITELY not alone!!!! I am in the same boat as you and most of the women on this board are also still struggling. Anytime you need support drop me a PM or post in my journal. Hang in there!!!!:hugs:

Ive noticed that this thread doesn't seem to be very active anymore. Have folks that were here mostly moved on to another one? Would love to know where folks are so that I can follow everyone. I plan to be trying again very soon and want my support group back! :)

oh I am still around....just been very hard to come on....AF showed after IUI # 4...doing fifth and last IUI this month...hoping for the best but preparing for IVF in the winter....signed up for an information session Jan 2...I think my doctor is a quack...she said that IUI is not something the clinic does very well but IVF is something they do well :dohh::dohh::dohh: and it is my choice to continue with IUI or move on to IVF....we are unexplained now as my PCOS is under control and DH has good swimmers....

very sorry for your loss usamom....supporting you all the way when you try again....do you have enough donor sperm to give your child a sibling? :hugs:

hi kissyfacelala!

Can you look for another clinic? I'd be terrified of someone who wanted to do an IVF for me after telling me they don't do IUI very well.. Yikes... Best of luck to you and I hope you get your BFP very soon!

AFM- I have no donor sperm left. I'm "hoping" that I can get some for a sibling pregnancy. Right now I'm too scared to even call the cryobank to ask. We are in the middle of a major move and I have to switch REs. So once I get that worked out- then I'll deal with finding the donor sperm. Worst case scenario- I have to switch donors. Let's hope this is not the case.

I did really well the past few weeks with the D&C and all that. Now- suddenly- I find myself really struggling with it. Yesterday I just broke down in tears at work because I realized that there is a very real possibility that I won't be pregnant again for many months (and that's an "if").. Just trying to stay calm and go at this one step at a time..

I need to start a TTC journal instead of trying to post everything here..:blush:

Best wishes to all of you!! :)

Hang in there USAMOM!!!! :hugs: If you start a journal I'll stalk for sure ;)

Hi Kissy - I'm so sorry your 4th IUI didn't work. I am unexplained to and after my 4th IUI we have made the decision to move to IVF. You need to remember that the success rates are very low for IUI and decrease each time you are unsuccessful, so it may not be that your clinic isn't "good" at IUI just that the success rates are very low in general that they don't have a good "success" rate for it. Definitely look at their success rates for IVF and if they are not high enough for you to be comfortable there are other clinics in your area to try from - NewLife, ISIS in Mississauga, there is one at McMaster in Hamilton etc. IVF is a big step so you have to be comfortable in the clinic.

Sorry I don't pop over to this thread much anymore ladies I've been in a Dec / Jan / Feb thread.

I do have a journal for those who want to keep in touch that way as I won't always remember to pop back here.

Kissy I just looked and your clinic success rates for IVF are some of the highest in Ontario that I have seen!!!! I have looked at many many clinics when I was thinking of switching and yours is VERY VERY high.

ssehlmey-hun, my trigger was gone by either 5 or 7 dpo, I can't remember now. I tested it out. I've heard of it sometimes being around by 11 or 12 but not 16! I'd say for sure that's a bfp!!!!!!!! Congrats!

AFM-I'm still here-like Kissy, it's hard for me to come on. I feel like I've been ttc longest in the world and the only one nothings working for. I know neither of those things are true-but it's been tough times. Will try and pop in here and there for support.

Titi you are DEFINITELY not alone!!!! I am in the same boat as you and most of the women on this board are also still struggling. Anytime you need support drop me a PM or post in my journal. Hang in there!!!!:hugs:

Thanks hun....it's just when I first joined bnb in 2009 I'd already been trying for 10 months and all but like two girls I've known on here from back in the day not already only already have had baby #1 but some are even in the middle of their 2nd pregnancies......I feel like three years at 36 is insane.
I'll check out your journal!

[/QUOTE]

Kissy I just looked and your clinic success rates for IVF are some of the highest in Ontario that I have seen!!!! I have looked at many many clinics when I was thinking of switching and yours is VERY VERY high.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope Mary and I add two more success stories to those numbers!!:baby::baby:

I'm pretty sure. I've had cramps on and off for last couple of days. My beta is supposed to be on monday and they really want me to go in to do it since I won't be cycling afterwards. Did you do a beta for all of your IUI's?

Springy - have you started with your IVF process yet or just the training so far?

Monica - who is your doc again? I can't believe she seriously said that even though they present it as a very reasonable option.

I'm pretty sure. I've had cramps on and off for last couple of days. My beta is supposed to be on monday and they really want me to go in to do it since I won't be cycling afterwards. Did you do a beta for all of your IUI's?

Springy - have you started with your IVF process yet or just the training so far?

I only did a beta for the first IUI...the second IUI I was in Portugal when AF came and then IUI#3 I had no hope since DH swimmers were not good and then IUI # 4 I did not go since the less blood they take the better! They did not say I needed to come in and so I did not...

so tomorrow is my CD8 scan and bloodwork....been on puregon since CD3 with 58 IU daily...I think it is low so I did one more click on my pen for 66 IU....whatever...I want more than one follie!

Mary..have you tested...cramping can be sign of implantation....:hugs:

No I haven't tested. I'm 10dpiui and it's likely a bit early. I'll wait probably until Sunday unless I start spotting before. Did you ask about getting put on progesterone suppositories?

Monica - who is your doc again? I can't believe she seriously said that even though they present it as a very reasonable option.

my doctor is Dr.Karnis...she said IUI success rates are very low...and they do present it as a reasonable option and she continued to say that many continue to do IUIs because IVF is something they seriously do not want and she also said that I have only done 4 IUIs but if I want to increase my chances then IVF is my choice

she said IUI could work for me...overall she made it my decision....I feel they are too laid back...it has been a year since I have been on metformin...first 6 months she said try on your own.....then we did clomid for 3 IUIs and then it was my decision to switch to injectables...and now it is my decision to do IVF....

maybe my expectations are too high but I wish doctors would say you have to do this and be more assertive with their decisions....are they not the experts????

my doctor is Dr.Karnis...she said IUI success rates are very low...and they do present it as a reasonable option and she continued to say that many continue to do IUIs because IVF is something they seriously do not want and she also said that I have only done 4 IUIs but if I want to increase my chances then IVF is my choice

she said IUI could work for me...overall she made it my decision....I feel they are too laid back...it has been a year since I have been on metformin...first 6 months she said try on your own.....then we did clomid for 3 IUIs and then it was my decision to switch to injectables...and now it is my decision to do IVF....

maybe my expectations are too high but I wish doctors would say you have to do this and be more assertive with their decisions....are they not the experts????

Amen! I feel the exact same way. I wanted more solid answers from her. She told me the exact same thing...IUI's will work, you just have to give them time. I asked 'what if there is something wrong...she basically said that I won't know unless I do IVF. Well then, hello, what am I waiting for?

No I haven't tested. I'm 10dpiui and it's likely a bit early. I'll wait probably until Sunday unless I start spotting before. Did you ask about getting put on progesterone suppositories?

I did not ask about progesterone support yet...I am thinking I am gonna ask for one week post IUI progesterone testing...my luteal phase is always 14 days...nothing out of norm and I do not spot before...the only that worries me is that my temp does not rise significantly right after ovulation...slow rising and before AF arrives there have been only one or two cycles where my boobs have been tender and my nipples sensitive...I do not have PMS or any other indication that AF is coming except for a temp drop....

Well good luck with this one. Maybe this will be the one you've been waiting for!

Well good luck with this one. Maybe this will be the one you've been waiting for!

here's hoping we won't need to go to that IVF teaching session on Jan 2....lets start the holiday season and 2012 with a BFP!!!

well I am off to bed...have to be at clinic for 7 am!! :growlmad:

good night!:hugs:

Yes and no ... we had our consultation and then we met with the IVF nurse yesterday. Today I called back because I had a few questions and I was told "the Doctor is really busy, you should book an appointment to see her Monday" SERIOUSLY I have a 2 min question and you're telling me to take MORE time off work?!?! I was VERY unimpressed. Our gut instinct all the time was to switch clinics but we felt comfortable with the new doctor so stayed. My hubby was SO angry tonight that even he said "we need to switch" so we are going in on Monday morning and we are requesting a referral to Hannam Fertility in downtown Toronto.

Amen! I feel the exact same way. I wanted more solid answers from her. She told me the exact same thing...IUI's will work, you just have to give them time. I asked 'what if there is something wrong...she basically said that I won't know unless I do IVF. Well then, hello, what am I waiting for?

I know that I was told IUI success rates are only around 8 to 10%. Other people report them being higher and closer to 25% but I'm not sure I buy that ... given my experience with them!

And I have been told the same thing - if they can't find anything wrong and you are "unexplained" they really can't figure out what is wrong with you unless they do IVF. That may give them some idea if it is an egg issue, if it is a fertilization issue etc. None of that they can tell by doing IUI etc.

But all I can say is if you are not comfortable with your doctor ask to see someone else. But honestly look at the clinic success rates as they were significantly higher than a lot of other places.

Hang in there ladies!!! This journey is very difficult I think about you ladies often. Praying you get your BFP!!!!! :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->