IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Welcome to the New Ladies~ make yourself at home! We support one another while having some fun! Good Luck!

AFM~ Not much to report really, except all my pregnancy tests have been negative so far. Tomorrow is my official BW, so I'm expecting a negative and will gear up for my 3rd IUI.

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend!

Good Luck Ambers!:dust:

AF got me so I am definitely out this month. Good luck to the rest of you this month. I should be testing again at the end of the month- looks like the 29th.

PCOCS- will you put me down on the list for the end of the month?

I'm so sorry usamom. :hugs:

will you be trying again next cycle?

I still have a few more days to go, i can't wait.
Just in case it's neg, i have already scheduled an appt (in Oct. :dohh:) with my OBG who found my endo. Since i've been getting BFNs i want to get checked out, have another lap to make sure everything is still ok and good to go. Last lap was Nov 2010 and removed about 85%, had none on my ovaries.

Anybody else here with Endo issues? or prehaps TTC with Endo success stories?

Welcome to the new ladies! Like several of the others have said it's not intentional and like them I find after read through several posts I can't remember to address everyone individually it's nothing personal at all. This group has some amazing women who are incredibly supportive, you'll feel like you're at home in no time with this group!

Sending you lots of dust!

AF got me so I am definitely out this month. Good luck to the rest of you this month. I should be testing again at the end of the month- looks like the 29th.

PCOCS- will you put me down on the list for the end of the month?

I'm so sorry usamom. :hugs:

will you be trying again next cycle?

I still have a few more days to go, i can't wait.
Just in case it's neg, i have already scheduled an appt (in Oct. :dohh:) with my OBG who found my endo. Since i've been getting BFNs i want to get checked out, have another lap to make sure everything
is still ok and good to go. Last lap was Nov 2010 and removed about 85%, had none on my ovaries.

Anybody else here with Endo issues? or prehaps TTC with Endo success stories?

I guess you could say that I am ttc with endo, although wasn't aware of this until my lap on the 19th of July. They found 3 small patches on my left ovary which were cauterized and removed. The obgyn did tell me that with it removes my chances to conceive were way higher than without it being removed. Hopefully they can remove any residual endo that they didn't get last year!

Thanks, adroplet. Yes- I will keep trying every month as needed. Hopefully this next month is it. I hope you get your BFP this month- I just looked at your signature and see you have had several months of IUIs now. Good luck!

azLissie - 8/30
Rona - 8/30
Sweatpea70 - 8/31
kissyfacelala - 9/1
USAMOM - 09/2
Fallen Ambers - 9/4
SquirrelGirl - 9/14
Touch the Sky - 9/20
adroplet 9/7

Doing lots of [-o< for :baby::baby:'s so we can all be on :cloud9:

:dust:

Hi Mandy, Can u add me please I'm testing on the 13th of September if I get that far.

When are u having your transfer or have u had it already????

:hugs: usa mom, so sorry AF showed. You must have some short cycles to test so soon again?

I hope PCOSmom is ok. Haven't seen any posts in a while(unless I just missed them?) That OHSS stuff scares me, and I can't begin to imagine how painful it is.

today my OH and i had a MUCH needed spa day. i feel totally out of it because i am so relaxed... amazing. next appt tomorrow, and most likely EC tuesday!!

wow, your hubby went to the spa with you? Mine acts like it's the worst place to be. I set up a "couples massage/training session" where he was supposed to learn how to give me a massage and I learned to how to give him one. Yeah, that was kind of a waste. His idea of giving me a massage is to run his hand up and down my back in the same place for a couple minutes and then is done... :dohh:

good luck for the EC!!!!

Hi Everybody!
First, wishing everyone tons of good luck and sending out positive thoughts to all of you.

I am starting my first (and hopefully last) IVF cycle. I fly down to Jacksonville on Thursday the 8th for my baseline ultrasound and mock transfer!!! So exciting! Target Egg Retrieval date is somewhere between September 28-30th.

Just wanted to introduce myself and be a part of the group...

:wave: Good luck JamerC!!

Question for the IVFers -- are you all going under general anesthesia, or are there other options? General anesthesia freaks me out a bit... and after the lap I had in June I was pretty nauseous. But then again, not sure I'd want to be awake during the collection.... :shrug:

Well ladies I am very frustrated .... Back to the clinic this am for blood and ultrasound and the large follicles didn't grow much, one went from 1.5 to 1.6 so now I have 2 at 1.6, one at 1.5 and one at 1.4 and then lots that are smaller for a total of 9!! If the small ones get bigger I am at risk of having the cycle cancelled.

Anyone have this before?? I'm now down at dosing only 37.5IU Gonal F tonight and then back for more blood and u/s at 8am. Nothing like 8am visits all weekend on a long weekend for me and my hubby!

Hello Ladies~

Well, as I predicted, my Beta came back as negative :cry:

So I need to stop the Progesterone and wait for AF to show up. The doctor said he wanted to change my medication this time around and mentioned a combination of Lupron, Menopure and Follistim.
More to come on that :)

Have a great Sunday everyone! Hubby is taking me out to eat at my favorite restaurant. What a sweetheart he is! :hugs2:

Hello Ladies~

Well, as I predicted, my Beta came back as negative :cry:

So I need to stop the Progesterone and wait for AF to show up. The doctor said he wanted to change my medication this time around and mentioned a combination of Lupron, Menopure and Follistim.
More to come on that :)

Have a great Sunday everyone! Hubby is taking me out to eat at my favorite restaurant. What a sweetheart he is! :hugs2:

Sorry to hear of the BFN Fallen :( Enjoy your dinner out at your favorite restaurant!!! :hugs:

azLissie - 8/30
Rona - 8/30
Sweatpea70 - 8/31
kissyfacelala - 9/1
USAMOM - 09/2 :hugs:
Fallen Ambers - 9/4 :hugs:
adroplet - 9/7
Wishful Think - 9/13
SquirrelGirl - 9/14
Caphybear - 9/14
Touch the Sky - 9/20

Doing lots of [-o< for :baby::baby:'s so we can all be on :cloud9:

Let me know if I missed anyone :)

Just in case you missed it ... I will not be doing to embryo transfer this month. My progesterone levels came back too high which makes it a votile enviroment for the eggies. I should know next Friday IF or HOW many survived to be frozen for next month :)

:hugs: to those whom had BFN's ... I know they are never easy to see....God knows, I know.

Hi all!
I am using Femara/Letrozole with a step-up protocol and Follistim and maybe a trigger (they haven't mentioned it) this month.

I am having my first IUI this month. I am not squeamish when it comes to pain, needles etc don't bother me. And I feel like a baby for asking...but do IUI's hurt? I think I'm just scared because my July D&C was hideously painful.

I pay out of pocket for everything. My husband picked up the meds the other day and it was $600. I knew it was going to be expensive, and I warned him, but it still freaked him out! lol poor guy.

Great luck to everyone!

Well ladies I am very frustrated .... Back to the clinic this am for blood and ultrasound and the large follicles didn't grow much, one went from 1.5 to 1.6 so now I have 2 at 1.6, one at 1.5 and one at 1.4 and then lots that are smaller for a total of 9!! If the small ones get bigger I am at risk of having the cycle cancelled.

Anyone have this before?? I'm now down at dosing only 37.5IU Gonal F tonight and then back for more blood and u/s at 8am. Nothing like 8am visits all weekend on a long weekend for me and my hubby!

Don't be discouraged ... From Friday to Sunday my follicles only averaged a 1mm per day. Sometimes it takes them a little longer to gain some gusto. Also, follicles that are 15mm or bigger can contain a mature egg. This was proven at my egg retrieval. I only had about 7 follicles over 18mm, but they retrieved 18!!!! Chin up!!! That Gonal F will help them along .... I promise that. :flower:

Hi all!
I am using Femara/Letrozole with a step-up protocol and Follistim and maybe a trigger (they haven't mentioned it) this month.

I am having my first IUI this month. I am not squeamish when it comes to pain, needles etc don't bother me. And I feel like a baby for asking...but do IUI's hurt? I think I'm just scared because my July D&C was hideously painful.

I pay out of pocket for everything. My husband picked up the meds the other day and it was $600. I knew it was going to be expensive, and I warned him, but it still freaked him out! lol poor guy.

Great luck to everyone!

IUI's should "not" be painful. There will be a little discomfort like your annual pap smear.

Trust me, I know all about paying cash out of pocket. This years grand total for us is upward of $35,000 so far and we aren't pregnant yet!!:wacko:

This years grand total for us is upward of $35,000 so far and we aren't pregnant yet!!

Holy Cow!!

Now that we're using meds and IUI's, money is going to start flying out the window. It's even harder now because my son's in college, and that's super expensive too. When it rains.......

Any updates on the August testers and early September testers?? Sorry if I missed anyone.

azLissie - 8/30
Rona - 8/30
Sweatpea70 - 8/31
kissyfacelala 9/1
USAMOM 09/2
Fallen Ambers 9/4
adroplet 9/7

Anyone need to be added to September?? Just reply to this message and I will get it updated.

I am out this month but will try to update this list as much as possible. :)

Me! Me! :wave:

September 14th is the day!

Janet -- no IUIs don't hurt! Like PCOS said, no worse than your average annual exam. This time around the lady seemed to have a heck of a time figuring out where to put the catheter. It took at least five minutes if not more. And though it wasn't fun to be laying there that long having this woman's head between my knees, it wasn't painful.

The shots aren't painful either. The Follistim pen is teeeeeeny tiny.

The worst part for me was the mental side of it. It's a big step up from just testing to suddenly treating. So take it easy on yourself!!!

I'm not worried about the shots at all. And now -thanks to you guys- I'm not too worried about the IUI either!

I'll be testing around September 30th. lmao but that's a lie, cuz I know I'll be testing as soon as the day after the IUI. POAS addict here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->