IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Not to rub it in pcos, but I own a prius.. 40mpg baby! Lol

I had to find a car with the best safety ratings...after getting into a T-bone accident and totaling my car....I'm literally scared to death while driving. Everyone who saw my car said that I should be dead. I walked away with some cuts and bruises.
I had an angel on my shoulder that day!!

Mrs C ~ When I went in for my cd 12 ultrasound my eggs were not mature enough for me to take my Ovidrel Trigger Shot, so they called me back in on cd 14, by then the eggs went from 11mm to 21mm and 22mm, so I was told to go home and trigger right away, and to come in the next day (cd15)for my IUI... My chart/temps indicated that I ovulated on cd 14, so when I go in this monday for my cd 12 ultrasound I'm going to take them my temp chart and show them that they missed my ovulation =) LOL That was long, sorry...

I only take Clomid 100mg cd 3-7 and then the Ovidrel Shot to trigger ovulation.

When's your first check on the follicles?

no way! what a nightmare, yes, definately show them, they need to come up with a solution to ensure it doesnt happen again, otherwise its a waste of money and also another wasted cycle when your journey to get BFP is long enough, you must have been so frustrated. :hugs:

Mine was a strange one, they were at 20mm on the friday, I was told to trigger at midnight on saturday, however my boobs started hurting on saturday afternoon as if I've ovulated already, and they didnt stop hurting until AF arrived. We did the IUI on monday afternoon at 1500hrs and i mentioned it, but he said there was loads of CM there when he did the AF - was a bit weird when he was down there and chatting away to me.....

first check is this friday, when is your first scan?

I forget how lucky I am, I live 5 miles away from my FS, scans are done at 8am, I work from home most of the time so doesnt infringe on that, my boss is FANTASTIC and supportive and tells me to take all the time I need (I always work overtime to compensate) I'm really lucky they are so flexible.
they may change their minds if i have to keep having IUI and IVF all through next year too......

I keep pressing "post" before I'm ready to post.....:growlmad: now I'm typing in a notepad before I cut and paste to post....:thumbup:

Asa9841, good luck for thursday, is it the first scan this cycle or?

Readyformore - wow, what a logistical nightmare, well done you for doing all that, I admire you. :juggle:

Squirrelgirl - good luck!! FX they are large enought for the trigger so that you dont have to keep going back. what cycle day are you on?

Hi Pixie77, how are you getting on? still those cramps? lots of baby dust :dust: fx you get your :bfp: ths time

Harvest2009, ha ha, that so happened to me. I was convinced that the tiny bit that came out ment it wouldnt work... dont worry, like you say, you'll get the knack and be an expert at it soon. Oh yum, blackberry pie!! im baking this week, a cake for my aunts 65 birthday, i started cake decorating as a hobbie to try to keep me from thinking about TTC all the time, found that i really enjoy doing it, might get into doing wedding cakes too....

MrsDaviesthe1 - glad your Pregnyl went well, when is the IUI? hope you are ok. :hugs:

Girls, im on second cycle of IUI now but dont think I'll be doing it until October, should we turn this thread into IUI/IVF August/September/October or should we start a seperate thread for October/November?

Mrs C P ~ I was a little upset because like you said it was a waste of time and money. Esp. when I’m paying just to walk in the front door of the Fertility Center :wacko:

My cycle day 12 ultrasound check is on Monday… only five more days :happydance: And then by the end of the week next week I’ll be in my 2ww hopefully. This is also my second IUI cycle, my fertility center does three rounds of IUI before you go in and meet to see what ‘other’ options can be sought. :shrug:

Squirrel Girl ~ let us know how your scan went today. I hope your follies were big and mature :hugs: What cycle day are you on by the way?

Harvest ~ when I did my trigger shot there was a bit that came out and I too... stabbed myself because I thought I was wasting it! :haha:

Mrs.Davis ~ Sorry you felt like no one was talking to you. I sometimes only have time to type a quick update on myself, as my schedule at work and home, plus school has gotten a little out of hand. Talk about feeling super duper tired all day every day. Plus, sometimes I’m gone for two hours and when I come back, there’s like 5 pages of stuff that I missed! :haha: Also, is this your first IUI?

Touch the Sky ~ I’m so happy for you that I haven’t stopped talking about it to my husband. :haha: he’s like, “who’s this friend of yours?” I had to explain the whole bnb site and stuff. He’s glad I have this place because I’m sure before I was driving him crazy with all my TTC talk! Ha! How are you feeling? Any symptoms? Tomorrow’s the beta right?

PCOS ~ I hope you’re making out ok with all those meds. I tend to get crazy on Clomid, and surprisingly this cycle I’ve been ok. Oh and I get 38mpg and gas here in South Jersey is $3.39 (I have a Nissan Rouge, of which I begged my husband for it for about four months before he traded in his sports car for my black baby that I call Edward… shhh… just don’t tell him that I named after someone in Twilight because he’ll have my car destroyed!) :haha:

My FS is 30minutes from my house but 2 minutes from my job, I can literally walk. So I usually schedule my appointments right before I come into work. They open at 7:15am and close at 7pm. So I’m pretty blessed with these hours.

Update : Today’s my last clomid 100mg day!!! :happydance: I’m cycle day 7 and a week away from ovulation! :happydance: But I’m having a little dilemma… Am I allowed to have :sex: the day before the IUI? I just don’t want to miss ovulation like last cycle.

good luck w/your scan august! does your dr do a scan on the day of your IUI? mine does. always makes me feel better cuz then i KNOW i haven't ovulated yet.

i feel good.. HAPPY.. :cloud9: it is still so unreal to me! no real noticable symptoms yet, just some light cramping, sore bbs, and fatigue. yes my 1st beta is tomorrow and i can't wait! they already said i will most likely have my 2nd beta on saturday. i had to POAS again today to make sure it was still real.. lol :happydance:

Touch ~ its completely understandable that you are testing still. I'll probably test until i'm 6 months pregnant, just in case, lol You wait so long to get that positive, so when you do get it, you want to constantly see it. ... And I'm so glad you are feeling great and happy. thats how it should be!

My doctor did not do an ultrasound the day of IUI, they did one the morning before. But I'm sooo going to take my chart in so that they can see that I ovulated the day before the IUI.

Mrs cp:hi i am doing okay we are doing timed babydance so tommarrow at 10pm
Auguestluvers:its okay i understand.

Babydust to everyone fx'ed for me and my fingers are also crossed for you guys.

Hi ladies, hope you are all well today. August GL with your upcoming scan, nice to be done with the clomid for another month.
GL to you with yoru scan too asa!
Glad you are feeling so happy touch! I feel super happy for you too, so nice to see you finally get that BFP :)
AFM-did my injections last night and they went much better, it was nice to have DH cheering me on, it really helped. Question for you ladies though, I had the worst cramps in my legs last night in bed! Has anyone else had them from Gonal F? Not sure if it was a side effect or not but my calves are still killing me!

Hi ladies, hope you are all well today. August GL with your upcoming scan, nice to be done with the clomid for another month.
Glad you are feeling so happy touch! I feel super happy for you too, so nice to see you finally get that BFP :)
AFM-did my injections last night and they went much better, it was nice to have DH cheering me on, it really helped. Question for you ladies though, I had the worst cramps in my legs last night in bed! Has anyone else had them from Gonal F? Not sure if it was a side effect or not but my calves are still killing me!

YES, YES, YES .... I almost couldn't walk when I was doing my injections. I wasn't using Gonal F, but I think they are all made up of the same stuff!!!! I even went to my Family Physician because I was SOOOo scared cuz they hurt so bad. A couple days after I stopped using my injections, the pain completely disappeared!:thumbup:

YES, YES, YES .... I almost couldn't walk when I was doing my injections. I wasn't using Gonal F, but I think they are all made up of the same stuff!!!! I even went to my Family Physician because I was SOOOo scared cuz they hurt so bad. A couple days after I stopped using my injections, the pain completely disappeared!:thumbup:

Thanks PCOS! glad to hear I am not alone on this. But ur saying this is gonna last for the next 10 days? UGH!!!
I will definitely do some yoga tonight, maybe the stretching will help :)

i also just wanted to add that the reason i don't address people individually (i'm a total repeat offender on this one) is because
a) there a lot of people and its hard to keep track
b) i become incredibly self involved when cycling. i mean seriously.. lol. sorry ladies!! but i do read everyones posts and wish the best for EVERYONE!

:dust:

Thanks PCOS! glad to hear I am not alone on this. But ur saying this is gonna last for the next 10 days? UGH!!!
I will definitely do some yoga tonight, maybe the stretching will help :)

Ya I had the pain for over a week ... it felt like my muscles were too tight. I would try stretching them. It was most uncomfortable at night when I was trying to sleep. The good news is ... it goes away very quickly after the injections end.

My RE is 10 mins from my office, so i do all my appts on my lunch break. i'm always out and back within an hour. didn't realize how lucky i was!

I think I have you beat - I can look out the window of my office and see my clinic! I always also ask for the ultrasound appointments before 8am so that I am in and out and at my desk by 8am. That way nobody even notices. When I was having IUI I would have to leave mid morning to have them done and my boss is aware of our situation and is very supportive and knows there are times I need to leave during the work day. I work long enough hours so its not like I am struggling to make up the time I'm missing ;)

As an update for me .... I have an appointment with our doctor on the 30th where we will discuss the previous cycle and whether or not we should be doing one more IUI or cutting our losses and moving to IVF.

Good luck to all you ladies heading into your IUI for this month! I'll have my fingers and toes crossed that you all get your BFPs!

My RE is 10 mins from my office, so i do all my appts on my lunch break. i'm always out and back within an hour. didn't realize how lucky i was!

I think I have you beat - I can look out the window of my office and see my clinic! I always also ask for the ultrasound appointments before 8am so that I am in and out and at my desk by 8am. That way nobody even notices. When I was having IUI I would have to leave mid morning to have them done and my boss is aware of our situation and is very supportive and knows there are times I need to leave during the work day. I work long enough hours so its not like I am struggling to make up the time I'm missing ;)

As an update for me .... I have an appointment with our doctor on the 30th where we will discuss the previous cycle and whether or not we should be doing one more IUI or cutting our losses and moving to IVF.

Good luck to all you ladies heading into your IUI for this month! I'll have my fingers and toes crossed that you all get your BFPs!

GOOD LUCK springy!!!!!! :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->