IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Congrats, usamom!!! So happy to see you got your :bfp:!!! This thread seems to be on a roll lately - let's hope we can keep it up!

AFM, still waiting for AF to show her ugly face so I can figure out when I might be doing round 3. Always waiting!!

Good luck to everyone currently in the 2ww - I've got my fingers crossed for all of us! :dust: :dust:

Sorry for the way you're feeling, August! :hugs:

I completely understand, and my heart is aching for you.

:wave: welcome Sarah! GL to you this month
Hope your iui goes well tomorrow titi:thumbup:
August, I am so sorry that you are feeling down over the shower, what a good friend you are! Try not to get too down, it is a happy time for your friend and before you know it she will be throwing you a shower, I know it! :hugs:

Hi does anyone one know when the earlist u can have a blood preg test

So......IUI in 3 hours and my basal temp this morning at 5 had shot WAY up. I know I'm not supposed to be worrying but I felt like I was ovulating yesterday and this temp rise doesn't make me feel any better since I've read your best shot at pg is if the sperm is already waiting there 12 hours or so before ovulation.....does anyone know if this is true for IUI? Does anyone else temp and IUI and is this normal/not normal? Thank you!!!!!!

augustluvers-WOW I agree with the others-very special and strong of you hun to be THROWING a baby shower!!! I can't even GO to them anymore and am having procrastinating even buying a GIFT CARD (because no way can I stroll through baby section) to send through the mail for upcoming shower for yet another "surprise/unplanned" pregnancy in my life. :hugs:

mrsdavisthe1-Do you mean the earliest they'll do one or the earliest you can get a +? IDK, I've only had blood tests at cd14 (always -). I guess if an HPT can pick up hcg as early as 9dpo (I guess even earlier in rare cases) then a blood test possibly even 7 dpo but probably not reliable at that point???:shrug: anyone?

Hello everyone,

USAmom - congrats, so happy for you! Please keep us posted and send some BFP happy vibes our way PLEASE!!!

Titi - have you talked to the doctors to calm you? I know its easier said than done but you really need to relax before you go in this afternoon. I would suggest a quick call to the doctors and tell them what you are thinking and check they don't think its too late. From what you are saying I really don't think it is too late for the IUI today - it all sounds normal (although I've never checked my temperature before an IUI) as I said before I had ovulation symptons in the day's leading up to the IUI. The trigger shot works to an exact time frame and I haven't heard that the sperm should be in you 12 hours before - if it was this case then the doctors would do the trigger sooner/schedule the IUI sooner. I think what you are reading about is in terms of having normal sex (not IUI) then you are recommended to that before you ovulate. I really think you should step away from the computer and go outside for a nice walk, a treat in a cafe, read a magazine and kill time that way before the IUI. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sarah - welcome and good luck with your first IUI!

August - well done for being so strong. One of my close friends with a baby often gives me her baby to hold when she knows I'm in the middle of a treatment cycle and says ''give her good baby vibes'' (to her baby) which I think is quite sweet. So as hard as this is for you, try and look on the positive - being near someone pregnant, and think happy thoughts and try and get some of those good baby vibes! :) Good luck

I want to thank you all for the beautiful words of encouragement. As I read them, they all brought a smile to my face and I really needed that. You girls rock! And I'm so grateful to have you all :hugs:

Titi ~ Good luck and many blessings to you on your IUI today, I pray that you haven't missed ovulation and that those swimmers get that egg. It's only natural to obsess over ovulation, especially when you are putting out so much money and time, you don't want to miss it, like I did. But anyway, let us know how it goes :hugs:

Someone asked about blood preg test ~ My Fertility Center does blood test at 15dpo.

As for me, my wonderful husband and I decided to BD as much as we can up until Monday, for safe measures... and I'm glad we started last night because this morning after going to the bathroom, TMI WARNING~ I had a massive glob of cm that when I grabbed with my fingers, it just kept coming!!!!! It's eggwhite with a little spotting and I don't know what the heck to think about it. It's like never ending and even sitting here I can already feel it coming and part of me hopes that I ovulate and fall pregnant this way. Your know, without the IUI and stuff :blush:

Baby Shower ~ This is her third and final child, it's a GIRL after already having two boys and I just got so excited that I took charge of the Shower! :haha::bodyb: That's how I ended up being the party planner.

GL for you results tomorrow touch!
HI to everyone else! Welcome bluebird and crc, good luck with the IUIs!
I'm back in for another scan tomorrow morning, keeping FX for more follies. They upped my meds so hopefully my 6 have increased! Have been super tired all weekend must be from the meds, anyone else get super tired from stimming?

Hi Harvest, thanks for the welcome - I think perhaps I ''met'' you on another forum on baby and bump a few months ago? I recognise your name. Are you still on IUI and if so what round? Good luck today - hope you have lots of ripe follies! :)

Hi CRC, yes i totally remember you from another thread. We are done with IUI, tried 4 rounds and none worked. 3 with clomid and 1 with injectibles. We are in the middle of our first IVF. I have never been so exhausted!!! They upped my meds on Friday and I have been a zombie ever since. Scan went well today, I have at least 8 follies now. Starting the cetrotide tomorrow aswell and back for another scan on Thursday. ER should be this weekend. How are you? still trying IUI?

Titi-sounds like your scan went really well today too! Good luck with the IUI on Wednesday

August-:hugs: So sorry you are having a tough time. Hang in there and I have everything crossed that this cycle works out for you

Hi to everyone else, hope you had a good weekend.

Hi Harvest, its good to talk again although I'm sorry you are also still here. I'm glad to hear you've moved onto something else - I do feel they keep us trying the IUI for ages. In the Netherlands they won't let me start IVF until I'e done 6 rounds of IUI - I've tried to argue this many times but at the moment they won't budge. I'm really at the end of my patience because IUI with the meds is also exhausting me and if we do have to do IVF I want to have energy for it! I'm in the 2WW of my 3rd round of IUI - but I've had 4 months of the meds because one had to stop as there were too many follies. If this doesn't work I'm going to talk to them again - maybe I'll negotiate with them I'll do one more IUI or something! Good luck with the IVF, I can imagine you must be exhausted. Are you also working or did you stop with IVF? I always think I would need a month off for IVF - I can barely get through the working day now! Good luck with the ER - will be thinking of you. x

Wow 6 cycles, that is alot. Our Dr recommends 3 but I pushed for 4 because I wasn't ready for IVF yet. Are you cycles funded? We pay out of pocket so it is kind of up to us based on our Dr's recommendations. I have also heard that 6 months is the max you can do clomid? But not too sure about that. Yup still working through the IVF, planning to take next week off for the EC recovery and the ET. Dr says I only need 24 hrs bed rest after ET but I am taking 48 just to be cautious. So excited for the weekend, can't wait to make some embies!!! Good luck to you, I'll be thinking of you too :hugs:

Hi Harvest, we have the same kind of healthcare in the Netherlands as the USA. So we pay a mandatory private healthcare monthly but then everything we get is free - so we are paying every month (but we do that anyway regardless of fertility treatment) but everything we are getting (6 IUI's with meds and 3 IVF's if we need it) will be covered so we don't have to pay anything extra which is good. I also thought 6 months was the max - I'm doing Puregon not Clomid but I think its a similar kind of thing - this is my 4th month although they consider it my 3rd but they seem to think its ok to keep going...Taking a week off for the ET sounds like a good idea and the bed rest too - I think it doesn't hurt to do this. In Zita Wests books she always says that women are bad at nurturing themselves and I think this is true - we forget how to stop and rest so I think its really good that going through this we do remember to do that! Are you really noticing the difference of being on all the IVF meds vs the IUI ones, overall have you found it much harder? My hospital is really trying to talk me out of ''rushing'' to IVF because of this - they say its so much harder to deal with that what I am - so I was just curious if you feel like this? Good luck this weekend - so excited for you. Take the bed rest but if you can manage send us a quick note (or get your hubby to do it ha ha!) so we know how you are. Get some nice relaxation CD's to listen to if you can. x

Hello ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I join. I had my initial u/s yesterday and my lining looked good and no cysts. I am on clomid 100 mg CD5-9. I get a second scan next week. This would be our third attempt at IUI. The last two were cancelled due to no sperm. DH had a VR last December :dust: to everyone!

Now this seems pretty kick@ss ... although the price tag seems a bit steep for me!!
https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/detectfive-progressive-pregnancy-test.html

Now this seems pretty kick@ss ... although the price tag seems a bit steep for me!!
https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/detectfive-progressive-pregnancy-test.html

I saw these when you first gave me the link to their website. Very neat- but I agree- a little too pricey!

Ok, so I just got the call back from the FS. I trigger tonight at 9pm, with the IUI scheduled Friday at 10am. I can't believe I'm almost back to the 2WW!

Thanks everyone for the reassurance.....DH and I have been ttc #1 almost 3 long years at advanced reproductive age and are paying all these treatments out of pocket ($1,600 this first IUI), & can't move on to IVF so I guess all that got me really anxious.

The Dr. was super nice about it though and did an ultrasound to check for me. I was ovulating during the ultrasound (Follicles just collapsing) and he seemed to think that was right on track, esp. where I have three follies that he thinks will likely rupture at different times.

IUI was even easier than I thought. The speculum hurt a little bit but I didn't even know he'd done the IUI. They said that given my response to the meds and DH post wash count and how easily the catheter went give much higher rate of success........can only pray now!!!!

Good luck and dust to everyone else and welcome Happybunny!!

Ok, so I just got the call back from the FS. I trigger tonight at 9pm, with the IUI scheduled Friday at 10am. I can't believe I'm almost back to the 2WW!

eek we will be in it together!!!

Yeaaa LittleBird!!! Best of luck this cycle! :)

Thanks everyone for the reassurance.....DH and I have been ttc #1 almost 3 long years at advanced reproductive age and are paying all these treatments out of pocket ($1,600 this first IUI), & can't move on to IVF so I guess all that got me really anxious.

The Dr. was super nice about it though and did an ultrasound to check for me. I was ovulating during the ultrasound (Follicles just collapsing) and he seemed to think that was right on track, esp. where I have three follies that he thinks will likely rupture at different times.

IUI was even easier than I thought. The speculum hurt a little bit but I didn't even know he'd done the IUI. They said that given my response to the meds and DH post wash count and how easily the catheter went give much higher rate of success........can only pray now!!!!

Good luck and dust to everyone else and welcome Happybunny!!

Titi-- best of luck with this cycle! I hope this is the one!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mee toooooooo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->