IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Semen Collection for IUI.. HELP! (lubricant, special condom?)

Hi,
My husband and I have been ttc for 18 months. For 6 months we used clomid and timed intercourse. We also did three months of IUI. My nurse told me that it was okay to collect his semen sample from interrupted intercourse (i.e. unprotected sex, pulling out into cup).

I'm now going to a new office and they say that the sample must be collected via masturbation with no lubricant. This is just not going to happen for my husband.

I looked online and found that Preseed personal lubricant is "fertility friendly, safe for use while ttc" as it does not harm the sperm. Has anyone ever used this or heard of it?

I have also heard of a special condom for collecting the sample. Has anyone used this special condom? If so, is it comfortable? Has anyone used it in combination with the preseed?

Why can't we just collect the sample from intercourse with no protection? Can my cm cause harm to his sperm?

Thanks!

I had these same questions back when I got my first IUI... because my husband will not masturbate, he's been taught from an early age that it was wrong (Christianity Based Religion) and therefore he has never tried it before. What we do is this:

I lay on my stomach, on my bed, and he gets on top naked. Almost like 'dry humping' but it's the only way he gets turned on enough to ejaculate for the IUI sample. We use no lube and obviously he doesn't get inside of me.

I hope you guys work something out :hugs:

augustluvers that's nice of you to share that as another suggestion! Hmmm I might even pose that one to my dh!

augustluvers that's nice of you to share that as another suggestion! Hmmm I might even pose that one to my dh!

I'm telling you, even the Doctor was like... "oh, that's different, but it works," lol

As for me these days:

My second scan is tomorrow morning at 7:15am. I've been testing with OPKs since friday and today it looks almost positive, (the internet cheapie ones do, but the clearblue digital is still negative) I'm really hoping that taking Clomid a second time during this cycle helps! I can't wait for my next IUI

Semen Collection for IUI.. HELP! (lubricant, special condom?)

Hi,
My husband and I have been ttc for 18 months. For 6 months we used clomid and timed intercourse. We also did three months of IUI. My nurse told me that it was okay to collect his semen sample from interrupted intercourse (i.e. unprotected sex, pulling out into cup).

I'm now going to a new office and they say that the sample must be collected via masturbation with no lubricant. This is just not going to happen for my husband.

I looked online and found that Preseed personal lubricant is "fertility friendly, safe for use while ttc" as it does not harm the sperm. Has anyone ever used this or heard of it?

I have also heard of a special condom for collecting the sample. Has anyone used this special condom? If so, is it comfortable? Has anyone used it in combination with the preseed?

Why can't we just collect the sample from intercourse with no protection? Can my cm cause harm to his sperm?

Thanks!

I had these same questions back when I got my first IUI... because my husband will not masturbate, he's been taught from an early age that it was wrong (Christianity Based Religion) and therefore he has never tried it before. What we do is this:

I lay on my stomach, on my bed, and he gets on top naked. Almost like 'dry humping' but it's the only way he gets turned on enough to ejaculate for the IUI sample. We use no lube and obviously he doesn't get inside of me.

I hope you guys work something out :hugs:

We tried something like this for the S/A and it worked really well:thumbup:

Tomorrow is my first appointment with my new Dr. Hopefull everything goes really well and we start in TWO weeks! I cannot wait. I keep telling myself that it probably won't happen the first time, but it has to happen to some people right :):) My real hope is that it takes within four tried, we'll see

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Hey girls,

Just got back from my follie scan... IUI is not going to happen this month. I have two 9mm on my right side and 2 10mm on the left. I was sent away with the instructions to call back in 14 days if the :witch: hasn't shown... I'm devasated and heartbroken and I feel like a huge failure as a woman and a wife, and I'm upset that these stupid tears and this treatment gets the best of me. I hate this all around.

Last cycle my follies were 10mm on cd12 and by cd14 they were 22mm... so even though I'm not getting an IUI done, I will be doing the manbo dance all week, just in case I do ovulate. But right now, my hope at this working this month, has completely vanished.

augustluvers-oh no hun! I can see how you are completely gutted.......It's so unfair. You are NOT a failure!!!!!!! Don't think that...you have no control over any of this. Sending lots of love.

:hugs: :hugs:.......I know.....this is so hard. This is even worse than AF too b/c you can't even have a glass of wine (or 5). :(. Hang in there-miracles happen and usually in months you think you're out!!!! FX'd!!! :dust:

Augustluvers, I'm so sorry. I'll be you are devestated. I agree though, you should continue to BD, those follies could easily catch-up. Maybe you'll catch an egg the old fashioned way!

All your 'alternative' methods were very interesting. I don't think we're going to have a problem, buty I'll keep them in mind just in caase. Ugghhh, the things you do/share when TTC!

AFM, I'm on my second day of injections. So far so good. The needle doesn't hurt, but the medicine burns a little after it's injected. No side effects yet.

Titi ~ I'm a wine cooler kind of girl, :haha: or a fruity fruit Bacardi drink girl, :haha: Wine isn't sweet enough for me :wacko: but on the holidays my house is like the wine shop or something, between my brothers and father, forget it, it's wine country! (Ps... I'm puertorican so bacardi is our drink! :haha:) Anyways, I do hope I ovulate and that I can do this naturale this cycle.

Round2~ thank you :hugs: Good luck with those injections. I was told by a few people that the injections help more with follicle stimulation rather than the Clomid pills.

Titi ~ I'm a wine cooler kind of girl, :haha: or a fruity fruit Bacardi drink girl, :haha: Wine isn't sweet enough for me :wacko: but on the holidays my house is like the wine shop or something, between my brothers and father, forget it, it's wine country! (Ps... I'm puertorican so bacardi is our drink! :haha:) Anyways, I do hope I ovulate and that I can do this naturale this cycle.

Round2~ thank you :hugs: Good luck with those injections. I was told by a few people that the injections help more with follicle stimulation rather than the Clomid pills.

oh no....you shouldn't have told me you are Puerto Rican......I am obsessed with Latin food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, while we were NTNP in Miami in Sept. I got hooked on bacardi 151 mixed with fresh lemonade!! Just b/c the drinks are SOOOOOO expensive in South Beach wanted something that would pack a punch in a small quanity so we could take some homemade stuff with us to the beach!

I do Swarwberry Barcadi with fresh lemonade and BAM! Awesome drink! Homemade drinks are sometimes better because you can put what you like and how much you like in it. I just saw that you are in Florida! I used to live in Riverview, which is right out side of Tampa. We used to go down to Miami in the summers, I love the beach there!

Also, I forgot to mention that the FS doctor said that my uterus lining was 'thin' so I don't think he believe I can concieve and have the baby implant. :shrug:

Miami Beach is definitely my favorite place in FL. Where are you know?
I forget but weren't you doing Clomid? CLomid definitely thins the lining where injectibles aren't supposed to. Also-I have been drinking red raspberry leaf tea and getting nice thick lining. It's supposed to really help with that!

I'm back in New Jersey now, I'm a south jersey girl without the jersey shore drama :haha: But Florida will always be my home and DH and I are actually planning on moving down again after I'm done with my Master's program at school.

Yes I'm on Clomid. I took 100mg cd 3-7 and then another 150mg on days 12-16... so that could be why it's so thin this cycle.

Are you financially able to do injectables next cycle? Not only do they produce more/larger follices but you won't have the lining worries, hopefully (and esp. try that tea!) we'll get you there!!!

I'm originally from NH-I miss NE but also like some things here a lot too. Would you move back to same area? We are in Cape Coral-I really wish we were on the east coast though.

I'm waiting To do my iui right now, I'm cd 16 today and on cd12 ultrasound my biggest follie was only a 12mm so before they do the iui today they wanted to do another ultrasound, I just got done with the ultrasound and my dominant follie was a little over 20mm, this is good right? I have had blazing positive opk yesterday and today, my iui will be within the next 30 minutes and I so hope the timing is right, does anyone else know what size their follie was on day of ovluation, everytime I post here nobody ever replys to ne and I've been posing here since the beginning of this thread, please please add me to you list

I believe that I only have a co-pay for the injectables, just like I do for the Clomid and Ovidrel. I will definetly be asking about it on my October 14th appointment, it's worth a try, you know. ANd I'm going to get that tea too..

I'm thinking of moving to Tampa, my oldest brother (who's my best friend) lives there, and it would be nice to live near him. But I also love Naples and Fort Lauderdale. I have been to Cape Coral a few times, we have a family friend there.

I like the four seasons here but I love the warm weather from Florida.

maureen ~ Mine were 20 and 21mm the day that I trigger/which also happened to be the day I ovulated.

Thanks august, that makes me feel good that I'm at a good average number for this iui

Hello everyone

how are you all doing?

HI Round2 - oh yes, i get that sometimes, not all the time but it burns and is a bit itchy, oh the things we go through. good to see you arent having any problem with the injections or have you got DH to do them for you?

HI August, i agree with everyone else, you still have time, and defo get BD, I had nothing - less than 10mm then all of a sudden, 2 days later I had a 17mm

Hi titi, the OV pains are probably not OV pains, not sure what they are as in both my IUIs ive had exactly the same and have stressed that it might OHSS but its not, it might just be the lining thickening, thats what i keep telling myself. have the OV pains gone away now?

Hi Maureen, mine were 17mm 5 days before the IUI and the 1st one was about 20mm i think, yours sound great, fingers crossed for you!!

as for me, Im 3dpo (IUI) and loads of (sorry, TMI alert) CM!! whats that all about? surely shouldnt be appearing anymore!!
anyway, got FS appointment on wednesday to set up IVF - excited!!! they have taken blood from DH for HIV, HEP B and C but couldnt get any out of me that day - im a really difficult bleeder - so they are going to try on the day of my IVF discussion.

one thing though, DH has go right off sex!! unbelievable!! :growlmad: anyone elses DH not up for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->