IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Megg - so sorry the cycle didn't work out for you. I guess as a positive, you are having a decent length luteal phase so sounds like you haven't had any progesterone issues this cycle. You had a good shot at it but were just unlucky *hugs*. Do you know how long the wait for IVF is? Would you consider another iui cycle while you wait as your insurance covers most of the costs? In theory there is a 10% chance each go so I reckon with every throw of the dice you never know! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Megg - so sorry the cycle didn't work out for you. I guess as a positive, you are having a decent length luteal phase so sounds like you haven't had any progesterone issues this cycle. You had a good shot at it but were just unlucky *hugs*. Do you know how long the wait for IVF is? Would you consider another iui cycle while you wait as your insurance covers most of the costs? In theory there is a 10% chance each go so I reckon with every throw of the dice you never know! Good luck with whatever you decide!

That's a great question that I need answered... Cycle dates for remaining 2010 are as follows: Oct 4 | Nov 1 | Dec 6

Will I have to wait until the Nov 1? Or can I start Oct 4? :shrug:

For an IVF cycle? I have no idea I'm afraid! I know they often like you to take a rest cycle between medicated IUIs to let everything settle down but as you have to start the IVF on the bcp then that may not apply? Hopefully you'll have a good list of questions for the coordinator when they call and they'll be able to answer them all!

Megg are you sure this cycle is over? Could you have ov'd/implanted late?:hugs:

Good luck on IVF Megg, I'll be hanging out in the IUI thread for now. We really can't afford IVF, and I doubt husband is ready for that. I'm not even sure what our next step is really. I honestly am just spending the day being pissed.

For an IVF cycle? I have no idea I'm afraid! I know they often like you to take a rest cycle between medicated IUIs to let everything settle down but as you have to start the IVF on the bcp then that may not apply? Hopefully you'll have a good list of questions for the coordinator when they call and they'll be able to answer them all!

She answered most of them prior to me bothering to ask. I start BCP on CD1 and then IVF cycle starts on Nov 1!!! :yipee: Since I have to wait on CD1, I'm not too fussed about having to wait until Nov. I sort of hope AF doesn't show on her own, because their protocol is 10 days of Provera, which means that I won't have so long to wait before the cycle! LOL As much as I'd like AF to come naturally, this would pass time a bit better fro me!

Megg are you sure this cycle is over? Could you have ov'd/implanted late?:hugs:

He says I couldn't have ov'd late... Even if I implanted late, it would have to be awfully late for HCG <1 at 14dpiui. I mean, if I did, we'll find out. If I don't bleed by Monday, I'll have no choice but to take another HPT prior to calling them to start Provera. I'll have to know one way or the other first. But, I don't think its likely.

Good luck on IVF Megg, I'll be hanging out in the IUI thread for now. We really can't afford IVF, and I doubt husband is ready for that. I'm not even sure what our next step is really. I honestly am just spending the day being pissed.

Aww! :hugs: You be pissed as long as you like!

Hi Ladies!

MarsMaiden - LOL...We are bonkers!!!!!! I don't believe my symptoms are related to the HCG shot as I have been testing since Saturday to watch when it is out of my system....as of yesterday I could not see a line!!! Now...here's where I get REALLY BONKERS! There is a visible line today - fainter than faint...but there. Is is possible that leftover from the trigger is darker today than yesterday?? I used FMU both times. Also...I'm sure the "symptoms" are related to the Progesterone I am taking - damn drug causes all of the pregnancy symptoms!!!!

Scomar and Meggs - I wish I was moving on to IVF with the two of you!!! Getting so frustrated with IUI and low success rates...but not sure if we can afford the cost here in Canada!!! It's rediculous! Sending loads of :dust: to both of you!!! I know it'll be your time!!!! Be sure to keep us posted!!

Blondiemop - Thanks for sharing!!! I'm glad you had time away - it may have been just what you needed to make this a sticky bean. My RE told me the one thing I must absolutely stay away from is "emotional stress" - LOL - YA RIGHT!!! I think we should all have our IUI and then a prescription for a week in the tropics immediately following!!!!

Take care ladies!!!!!

Wendy

Just got in from vaca so a quick update: 1st IUI didn't work. :nope: AF arrived yesterday before I had a chance to test.:growlmad: Moving on to IUI cycle 2...hugs for everyone. :hugs:

Just got in from vaca so a quick update: 1st IUI didn't work. :nope: AF arrived yesterday before I had a chance to test.:growlmad: Moving on to IUI cycle 2...hugs for everyone. :hugs:
Oh I'm so sorry:hugs: How was the vacation?
Are you doing the 2nd IUI this cycle?

in case anyone is interested this is the IVF clinic i have been looking at in South Africa - its where our family are from so we could make a holiday from it too !!

IVF is a process where the eggs are collected and fertilized by the sperm in the laboratory. ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection), a procedure where an individual sperm is injected into each egg, may be performed in addition to increase the chance of fertilization in selected cases.

We welcome patients living outside of Cape Town to travel to our clinic for IVF (in-vitro fertilization) treatment. Please complete the medical questionnaire and return it to us by email in order for us to evaluate your fertility history and make treatment recommendations. Please note the investigations required at the bottom of the questionnaire. IF it is a major problem for you to have those investigations done before you come to Cape Town, some of them could be done here in Cape Town, but dependant on the results ,treatment might have to be changed and in rare circumstances even be cancelled.

You will need to stay in Cape Town for a minimum of 3 weeks for IVF treatment. It may be possible in certain circumstances to start your fertility injections at home, which will reduce your stay in Cape Town to 2 weeks. In this instance medication can be couriered to you by our clinic or the International Pharmacy in London if you live outside Africa.

We recommend that you take the birth control pill starting one to two months prior to your IVF cycle. You should take active pills only (no placebo pills) and stop the active pills 3 days prior to your planned period date.

If you wish to start your fertility injections in Cape Town and stay for 3 weeks, then you should make an appointment to see the Doctor on the 1st or 2nd day of your period.

If your medication has been couriered to you and you started your fertility injections at home, then you should make an appointment for your 1st scan with us no later than day 8 of your cycle.

Cape Town is a highly attractive tourist destination with many accommodation options. If you would like a list of guesthouses (B&B or self catering) and hotels in the Cape Peninsula area where previous patients have stayed, we can email this to you or contact [email protected] to assist you in finding suitable accommodation for you individually. Please make your accommodation booking well in advance.

IVF treatment cost varies according to the type of medication and protocol used. Estimated costs are approximately R30 000 (R = South African Rand ZAR). The medication and protocol prescribed for you will depend on your previous fertility history. The final quotation will be sent with your treatment plan.

Cape Fertility Clinic

Suite 209 Library Square

1 Wilderness Road

Claremont

South Africa

Sounds good Scomar!!!

Myturn, sorry to hear about af arriving. Hope you have more luck with IUI#2!!

My Turn - so sorry to hear IUI didn't work.... :hug:

I am 10 dpIUI today - BFN this morning which means trigger is officially out of my system!!! I think I'm going crazy!!! Cramps are gone, but BB's are killing me. Am I too old for growing pains? LOL

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

:dust: to everyone!

My Turn - so sorry to hear IUI didn't work.... :hug:

I am 10 dpIUI today - BFN this morning which means trigger is officially out of my system!!! I think I'm going crazy!!! Cramps are gone, but BB's are killing me. Am I too old for growing pains? LOL

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

:dust: to everyone!

I feel your pain! I had a bfn at 9dpo, haven't tested since then cause I'm positive af will turn up at any minute so there's no point! Bn having my typical af cramps all day today.

Will you keep testing every day? Have you to go back for bloods or just test yourself?

Hopeful for you all!!! :dust:

AFM... We all know my betas were negative 2 days ago. I have (at best) a 12 day LP... I checked all of my charts and I've never gotten past 13dpo without bleeding... usually spotting earlier. Today is 16dpo and the only spotting I had was at 5am this morning... nothing since. I don't even feel like she's coming. I DO bleed after I ovulate... So, this makes no sense. He's assured me that I had to have ovulated. My boobs are still ridiculously sore sometimes, dreams are still crazy and vivid, I'm still getting stray cramps that don't feel like AF, and I just woke up from a nap that makes my grand sleeping total for today about 14.5 hours :shock:... I'm losing my freakin' mind! :hissy:

Hey Flake-y....I tested today and it appears trigger is finally out of my system. Unfortunately I have to have a BETA done next Tuesday at RE's regardless of what I get on tests because I am on Progesterone which, pregnant or not, will prevent AF from coming!!! Ugh!!! it also has given me sore boobs, cramps, backache, etc.....it's just the worst hormone ever!!! you're always thinking "Is it pregnancy???....or is it just the Progesteron???"..

I'll probably test each day from here on out....just because I love to drive myself nuts!!! :wacko:

Are you going to be testing? do you have to go in for a Beta?

Keep me posted! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Wendy

AFM... We all know my betas were negative 2 days ago. I have (at best) a 12 day LP... I checked all of my charts and I've never gotten past 13dpo without bleeding... usually spotting earlier. Today is 16dpo and the only spotting I had was at 5am this morning... nothing since. I don't even feel like she's coming. I DO bleed after I ovulate... So, this makes no sense. He's assured me that I had to have ovulated. My boobs are still ridiculously sore sometimes, dreams are still crazy and vivid, I'm still getting stray cramps that don't feel like AF, and I just woke up from a nap that makes my grand sleeping total for today about 14.5 hours :shock:... I'm losing my freakin' mind! :hissy:

Aw Meggs! I understand completely!!!!! Are you / or were you taking Progesterone by any chance??? Hang in there hun....it'll be our time soon!!!!! :hug:

Wendy

Aw Meggs! I understand completely!!!!! Are you / or were you taking Progesterone by any chance??? Hang in there hun....it'll be our time soon!!!!! :hug:

Wendy

No! He didn't want me taking progesterone and I even fought the urge to use my OTC progesterone cream!!! I shouldn't still have high progesterone at 16dpo! But, that would seem to be the case, wouldn't it? I'm refusing to believe that 14dpiui was too early for my betas... but I should be bleeding by now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->